Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice needed please  (Read 4896 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Advice needed please
« on: 12 April 2015, 10:32:15 »

I decided to sell my jag because I've done less than 500 miles in the last 8 months. The jag is really low mileage and the only thing letting it down is a little bit of lacquer peel on the rear wing so I decided to get that sorted before I sell it. Anyway, I bumped into an old friend who i hadnt seen for about 20 years, has a little body shop about 20 miles away from where I live and he said he would do it for me mates rates. In the meantime I have another friend who said he wanted my car if I still had it when he came off his holidays. The jag went off with £50 to go towards materials 5 weeks ago and all I've had are excuses off the bloke doing the job, he's even said his landlady of his garage wants to buy it. I called him yesterday and managed to speak to him and the latest excuse is his misses has dumped him and he needs a little time to sort his head out so I said just give me the keys and I'll take the car and it's one less headache. I've text him this morning to say I'm going to collect the car today but as yet he hasn't replied plus I only know where his garage is and not where he lives. What would you do next if it was your car? TIA :y
Retired

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2015, 10:46:27 »

5 weeks ago ??? bet its not as low mileage now,hes taking the piss and has he even fixed it yet id just want my car back and to not bump into him again.do you have a spare set of keys and where is the car

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2015, 10:52:28 »

I've taken a note of the mileage when I dropped it off and only one key and remote. I've said I don't care if he's not done the work, I'll take the £50 or paint he bought and take the car somewhere else.
Retired

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2015, 10:55:14 »

Can't say fairer than that, really. It's possible that he offered with the best of intentions but that he's been too busy or paid work has got in the way. Any messing about, though, with regards to returning the car, and I'd get the Police involved.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2015, 10:59:42 »

I know he's been quiet Kevin that's why he offered to do it when he did and mates rates. I'm going to head over to the lock up now, I think his landlady lives on site so I'll have a word with her.
Retired

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2015, 12:09:01 »

get police involved....technically its theft.....

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2015, 14:14:07 »

Maybe it was used on a blag down sarf over the Easter Hollybobs, and the Sweeny,are on his case,

Just check when you get it back there's no diamonds in the boot under, overalls. ;D :)
Hoof'land storeman.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 April 2015, 14:15:10 »

yep if car not there report car as stolen although I am not sure it is as you given him the keys?????
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2015, 14:38:30 »

If he has sent you a text message you will have his cellphone number. The phone company ought to provide you with his location, but if they are reluctant to do so, when you report it to the police they will "encourage" them to do so for you.....

Ron.

ted_one

« Reply #9 on: 12 April 2015, 15:27:48 »

I'm in a similar position,my red Omega has been in the bodyshop since Jan 24th and has not been touched, I was promised it would be done last week ....now it's the coming week and that's after an up and down with the guy.But like Pete's situation,loads of excuses varying from little old ladies bringing in their cars for urgent patch up jobs to various classics needing welding so that they can be returned to their owners and thus clearing the workshop for the prep work on my car.I was going to pay cash on completion...but it's now going to be a cheque.Getting P'eed off with people that talk the talk but do little else >:(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2015, 18:27:54 »

I took half a day off today and went to his lock up. The jag was there but what a mess. The cream leather on the drivers seat is filthy, it stinks of cigarette smoke and there's empty fag packets and tobacco packs on the floors. The rear wing and half way up the C pillar has been sanded with an orbital sander and he's caught the boot lid and drivers side rear door. I don't know how many miles he's added but its obvious he's been using it. I still can't get in touch with him but luckily the owner of the lock up was there and so were the keys. It's going to cost me a fair few quid to put right  >:(
Retired

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 April 2015, 18:39:49 »

some mate eh  >:(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 April 2015, 19:03:54 »

Not anymore. I felt like driving the car through the front of his house but 1 I don't know where he lives and 2 he lives in a second floor flat lol ::)
Retired

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2015, 19:06:38 »

I felt like driving the car through the front of his house but 1 I don't know where he lives and 2 he lives in a second floor flat lol ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2015, 19:16:18 »

If you did report it to the police Pete, be careful now... Years ago I let a business partner take one of the company cars to go to an exhibition in Germany. 2 days after his due return date, with no word from him, I reported it to the police but was told. 'As it was taken with your permission we cannot report it as stolen'.. He returned later that day. The next day I was visiting a customer using that car. The police turned up and arrested me for nicking it.....  :D ;D ;D ;D
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.