Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "G" cams identity  (Read 1761 times)

powerslinky

"G" cams identity
« on: 07 June 2015, 17:17:50 »

Hi all
          I have removed all 4 cams from the breaker .  All 4 have a "G" prefix letter ( GC26 as one example)

Is it correct for a 3.2 to have "G" prefix cams on all 4 camshafts.   

Somewhere in my head was the formula of inlet should be "G"   & exhaust "A"  . . . or is that just the 3.0 engine.  :-\

Just trying to confirm as I have listed these for sale in the parts section   :-\      TIA

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: "G" cams identity
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2015, 17:32:36 »

2 x G and 2 x J I believe.  :-\

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2015, 17:35:54 »

This :y

powerslinky

« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2015, 17:43:11 »

Umm !    these 4 all seem marked with a G as the first of 2 letters then 2 digits .  Markings seem stamped into the shaft  &

as said   GC26 is one example . I have oiled them with clean 10- 40 & wrapped them in clingfilm marking each with where it

came from ( 1-3-5 inlet  etc)

May have to unwrap them all & double check  .  . but I am sure they all prefix with G

Can anyone else confirm what & how they  they should be marked in a late 3.2  ?   :-\ :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2015, 18:17:35 »

Umm !    these 4 all seem marked with a G as the first of 2 letters then 2 digits .  Markings seem stamped into the shaft  &

as said   GC26 is one example . I have oiled them with clean 10- 40 & wrapped them in clingfilm marking each with where it

came from ( 1-3-5 inlet  etc)

May have to unwrap them all & double check .  . but I am sure they all prefix with G

Can anyone else confirm what & how they  they should be marked in a late 3.2  ?   :-\ :-\

Right sorted  . . .  although all have an easily viewable  GC  prefix  thats not the cam ID  :-[ :-[ :-[ 

Inlets are marked with a very fine & quite difficult to see,  G & a single digit    & exhausts with  a J & a single digit    :y :y

Thanks Andy  & James   :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2015, 18:18:12 »

The GC26 will probably be the cast number for the blank of the cam before it got profiled...

The G should be engraved onto a part of the camshaft that is near the front of the cam....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

powerslinky

« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2015, 18:21:07 »

The GC26 will probably be the cast number for the blank of the cam before it got profiled...

The G should be engraved onto a part of the camshaft that is near the front of the cam....

Yep  found it  . . .hard to see for 58 year old with dodgy eyes  ;D ;D ;D ;D   thanks anyway :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2015, 18:33:35 »

No problem fella, my eyes aint all that good these days either LOL
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2015, 18:41:15 »

Hi all
          I have removed all 4 cams from the breaker .  All 4 have a "G" prefix letter ( GC26 as one example)

Somewhere in my head was the formula of inlet should be "G"   & exhaust "A"  . . . or is that just the 3.0 engine.  :-\

Just trying to confirm as I have listed these for sale in the parts section   :-\      TIA
Forget the G prefix with numbers, its the other Bigger G (only on 2 of them) that you need to find on the other end of the Cam from memory. ;)

powerslinky

« Reply #9 on: 07 June 2015, 18:47:58 »

Hi all

Forget the G prefix with numbers, its the other Bigger G (only on 2 of them) that you need to find on the other end of the Cam from memory. ;)

Yep .  . found them now Chris  . .  Inlets are G     Exhausts are J    :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.