Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Project MV6 - MOT result (Mr Rog's old car)  (Read 13303 times)

STEMO

Re: Project MV6 - MOT result (Mr Rog's old car)
« Reply #45 on: 09 December 2016, 13:34:17 »

Hang on a cotton pickin minute. I see a door in post #9 that has been scraped. I see a sentence in the ad that says "Front passenger door has been resprayed due to a car park scrape, and the spray job is amateur, and nowhere near as professional as the rest of the car. It's a different shade, easily noticed and I don't like it. ", but no picture of it.
So....is the door as it was in post 9 , or has it had a shitty respray or not? And, as you say in the ad that the door is not good, then sure any potential bidder would want to see a picture of it?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 December 2016, 13:41:40 »

Crikey, this thread is like the Spanish Inquisition.

What is on the eBay ad is correct. I had someone respray the door to fix that scrape. The spray job is very poor.  This is all VERY clearly stated.

As per my PM when you asked exactly the same thing, I am hopeful to source another door prior to the auction ending, but I will not write this in the ad until it is in my possession.

I am gobsmacked as to why people are pulling me to bits here

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 09 December 2016, 13:56:27 »

What is on the eBay ad is correct. I had someone respray the door to fix that scrape. The spray job is very poor.  This is all VERY clearly stated.

As per my PM when you asked exactly the same thing, I am hopeful to source another door prior to the auction ending, but I will not write this in the ad until it is in my possession.

I was asking questions because I was genuinely thinking of bidding, but if not being able to see the door which you describe as 'an amateur respray' is making me think, then I'm sure others must wonder why there's no picture in the ad. It's really simple, James, if you describe something in an ad, then there should be a picture of it, so that people can make their own mind up.
You have not stated in the ad that you are looking for a door, so people must assume it comes with the unshown one.
No one is pulling you to bits.......well, I'm not anyway.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09 December 2016, 14:01:32 »

I was asking questions because I was genuinely thinking of bidding, but if not being able to see the door which you describe as 'an amateur respray' is making me think, then I'm sure others must wonder why there's no picture in the ad. It's really simple, James, if you describe something in an ad, then there should be a picture of it, so that people can make their own mind up.
You have not stated in the ad that you are looking for a door, so people must assume it comes with the unshown one.
No one is pulling you to bits.......well, I'm not anyway.

Ok that's all fair enough. I will keep you posted with my quest to find a door.
If no joy then tonight I will take a pic of the current one.

ted_one

« Reply #49 on: 09 December 2016, 15:54:37 »

Christ that's made my mind up,all my cars are going off to the Emerald Isle, as those boys are gagging for them with no questions asked ;) because due to my advancing years and general state of confusion I will never remember what's been done to them :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09 December 2016, 15:59:47 »

I think I'm going to have to pull the ad.

Started her up today. Rev counter fubar and speedo flickering.

Anyone have any late v6 dash clocks? Will collect tonight if you're not miles away

powerslinky

« Reply #51 on: 09 December 2016, 16:11:23 »

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about what Doctor Gollum says.
[/highlight]

Exactly . . .Don't bite James  . .

I think he's is pi*sing a few members off with his " I'm always right  . .KIA" attitude

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 09 December 2016, 16:19:56 »

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about what Doctor Gollum says.
[/highlight]

Exactly . . .Don't bite James  . .

I think he's is pi*sing a few members off with his " I'm always right  . .KIA" attitude
He owns a KIA. Ban the bastard.  ;D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 December 2016, 16:45:36 »

Anyone have any late v6 dash clocks? Will collect tonight if you're not miles away
Have you checked the alternator output? Have you tried re-seating the cluster?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09 December 2016, 22:27:55 »

Have a few here James, Might have one close to the correct mileage if your lucky! Only problem with them will be the usual rev counter sticking and jumping from 2K to 3K.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10 December 2016, 09:35:57 »

Speedo issue sorted and original clocks fitted.

Alternator output was fine but battery voltage was low. Probably where I've not used her much. It's fine after a charge :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10 December 2016, 09:45:46 »

Christ that's made my mind up,all my cars are going off to the Emerald Isle, :)

Hay Mr, does it have a lsd, will it do 8000 revs in 2nd, does it go round, and round.Have ya taken the locks off the wishbones!. I give ya €500, and my old corrola, if ya deliver it to Hollyhead. Western union
« Last Edit: 10 December 2016, 09:50:21 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #57 on: 10 December 2016, 13:29:59 »

Answer yes! two have,and after reading this thread and James having to clarify in minute detail about the efforts he has made to save the car,mine WILL being going to N.I just to piss you lot off ;D and in all honesty I would rather see them drifted as to people coming on here and hole picking about a 15 year old car.FFS! ::)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10 December 2016, 13:45:51 »

Answer yes! two have,and after reading this thread and James having to clarify in minute detail about the efforts he has made to save the car,mine WILL being going to N.I just to piss you lot off ;D and in all honesty I would rather see them drifted as to people coming on here and hole picking about a 15 year old car.FFS! ::)

They don't do that do they Ken, surely not?  ::)  Can't say I've noticed and thought they were all very supportive of a member selling a car with a zillion miles on and with a few niggles.  ::)  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

ted_one

« Reply #59 on: 10 December 2016, 15:24:53 »

Just seems a shame that one persons efforts are being put under scrutiny for all the wrong reasons,I only wish that I had the mechanical abilities of James and quite a few others on this forum who's expertise and experience have kept my three cars and countless others on the road and surprisingly in good fettle.I fail to see why that on an Omega forum there seems to be a vein of piss taking from ex owners who I find their so called 'banter' to say the least irritating,  and I'm of the opinion that this is why this forum is not a pleasant place to visit anymore.If you haven't got anything constructive about to say about my choice of cars,then perhaps you should jog on and go bother someone else.I actually enjoy owning and driving these cars and regardless of certain jaundiced opinions I'll carry on doing just that,my apologies if that offends who ever but DILLIGAF! Rant over .....just! >:(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.