Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just been thretend what would you do.  (Read 7552 times)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Just been thretend what would you do.
« on: 27 October 2016, 16:14:43 »

Hi all,just got home and there was a car parked outside my house.With two people just getting in to it,an old woman and old man.They put their seat belts on and i thought they were going,but they took the seat belts off and walked to a house two doors down.I sounded my horn and the man walked to my car.I asked politely can you move the car please,as i live here and want to park my car outside my house.(it is a public highway and i know its not my parking space)But the guy said no this is a public highway, i wont move why don't you park on the other side of the road.I asked politely move the car mate,he said no i have a space outside my house and every one parks there.I admit i then shouted at him move the car now,his wife told him to move the car so he did.As i parked a man appeared at the door they were visiting,with nothing on but boxer shorts,he asked why i was shouting at a 75 year old man.I explained the situation to him,that i wanted to park there so if my car got bashed i could react quickly.He also said it a public road you don't have automatic parking rights,but then he said if you want to get bashed i will bash you.He closed the door slightly reached down and grabbed a claw hammer,a silver one with a rubber handle and raised it above his head.He then tried to get to me but the old man and woman stopped him,and pulled him back.I said listen mate you cant threaten people with a hammer,and i apologized to the old man for shouting at him they then closed the door.So what do i do call the police and get the incident logged,or leave it,or try to resolve it myself.Advice welcome Dean.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Just been thretend what would you do.
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2016, 17:19:11 »

So let me get this right. You were verbally abusing two 75 year olds over a space they were entitled to use and now someone has threatened to abuse you or your car you want to involve the Police. Maybe there's a lesson to be learnt that those 75 year olds will probably have family who like me would take offence at someone trying to bully them into moving their car. Ok I wouldn't have used a hammer but I bet next time it happens you'll consider parking across the road ;D ;D
Retired

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2016, 18:45:51 »

Sorry Pete, but although there appears to have been faults on both sides, there is never any excuse for threatening someone with a hammer - that is technically an assault. Just the verbal threat is assault, actually, but backed up by his wielding a hammer means that the police are more likely to act, and rightly so. Unstable people like that must be made responsible for the consequences of their actions; what if he had actually carried out the threat, resulting in either ABH or GBH?

Ron.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2016, 18:46:48 »

So let me get this right. You were verbally abusing two 75 year olds over a space they were entitled to use and now someone has threatened to abuse you or your car you want to involve the Police. Maybe there's a lesson to be learnt that those 75 year olds will probably have family who like me would take offence at someone trying to bully them into moving their car. Ok I wouldn't have used a hammer but I bet next time it happens you'll consider parking across the road ;D ;D
No Pete,the hammer is my problem.I don't mind a fight with fists/But weapons are a different question.And yes as i said in my post,i was out of order being verbally abusive,and apologized.And no mate i wont consider parking across the road,when there was a space right next to the house they were visiting.Dean. :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2016, 18:50:47 »

I'm inclined to agree with Pete. But in any case it is three witnesses against one. Given the reason for the incident in the first place, you shouting at the couple, he might well argue, that he was frightened for them and was defending them. Sorry Dean, but I think you're on a loser here. :(

powerslinky

« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2016, 18:52:56 »

Everyone likes to park right outside their house  . . but sometimes, if someone else has already parked there , we can't .  End of  in my book  ::)

Maybe time to think about off street parking  . . .  but even that , if nothing is parked on the driveway/hard standing  . . .then anyone can park across it  ::)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2016, 18:55:58 by Essex Big Al »

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2016, 19:59:01 »

Everyone likes to park right outside their house  . . but sometimes, if someone else has already parked there , we can't .  End of  in my book  ::)

Maybe time to think about off street parking  . . .  but even that , if nothing is parked on the driveway/hard standing  . . .then anyone can park across it  ::)
Unless the council puts in a dropped kerb, then you're not supposed to park across it. But, like everything else these days, getting someone to do anything about it is a different matter.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2016, 20:16:13 »

You could always try this:   ::)

https://youtu.be/17yupESOaC4

Probably best to let it go though, before it gets out of hand. Does beg the question why someone keeps a hammer by the front door though.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

powerslinky

« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2016, 20:20:37 »

Unless the council puts in a dropped kerb, then you're not supposed to park across it. But, like everything else these days, getting someone to do anything about it is a different matter.

There are plenty of arguments about this  . . . may differ in your area  . . . but fairly sure down here if theres nothing parked on  it you can park across it . . dropped kerb included  :)     of course most people respect that access will probably be required at any time  . . .& therefore don't. 
 But as we all know theres always one ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2016, 20:23:09 by Essex Big Al »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 27 October 2016, 20:42:30 »

I can relate to this incident, many years ago I was sitting in my car waiting to collect my 2 kids from school , I was parked quite legally not blocking any dropped kerbs or entrances, a man came out of his house & demanded I move my car as his son was due home, I refused & pointed to my tax disc which as far as I was concerned gave me the right to use & park my vehicle wherever it was legal to do so people don't  own the road outside their property so I'm afraid that you should remember that in future

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2016, 20:45:24 »

Probably best to let it go though, before it gets out of hand. Does beg the question why someone keeps a hammer by the front door though.  :-\
Don't jump to conclusions, he may have been knocking up some wooden toys for the local orphanage........or something  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2016, 20:47:21 »

Quote from: YZ250 link=topic=13date=1477595773
Does beg the question why someone keeps a hammer by the front door though.  :-\

Might have been mending the door.
Hoof'land storeman.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2016, 20:51:57 »

Don't jump to conclusions, he may have been knocking up some wooden toys for the local orphanage........or something  ;D

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.  ;D   
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2016, 20:56:41 »

That is what worry's me.Dean.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 October 2016, 21:04:55 »

I can relate to this incident, many years ago I was sitting in my car waiting to collect my 2 kids from school , I was parked quite legally not blocking any dropped kerbs or entrances, a man came out of his house & demanded I move my car as his son was due home, I refused & pointed to my tax disc which as far as I was concerned gave me the right to use & park my vehicle wherever it was legal to do so people don't  own the road outside their property so I'm afraid that you should remember that in future
I agree mate but,but using a hammer is threading behaver,Dean.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.