Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear parcel shelf blind  (Read 10542 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Rear parcel shelf blind
« on: 31 March 2017, 14:54:28 »

I have the chance of acquiring a rear parcel shelf blind for an Elite Omega.

Would it be straightforward to fit to my late 3.2 please?

Guidance required please.  Like will the wiring be already available built in to my car (I will have the switch :)
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 15:07:08 by Lizzie Zoom »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Rear parcel shelf blind
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2017, 15:16:56 »

Wiring plug will probably be tucked up behind the n/s C pillar. Bit of a faff to pull the old shelf out and fit the new one, but just needs a bit of time and patience. Pretty straightforward really.
The only reason I can think of why the very late Elites didn't have them fitted is that VX probably ran out of them and didn't want to order more as they were ceasing production.
My 02 Elite has one, but I believe 03 cars didn't get them.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 15:18:42 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2017, 15:18:56 »

Thanks Migv6 :y :y

When you say  "Bit of a faff to pull the old shelf out and fit the new one" does that mean I cannot just fit the mechanism to my existing parcel shelf which I think has a cover over where it should go? :-\
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 15:20:54 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2017, 15:41:15 »

Thanks again Migv6, as your advice made me further look at my car and realise it would be a pig of a job to fit successfully as my car has bolted to the shelf a full Bose system, with not only the two rear speakers as normal, but a third long one that fills the space usually occupied by the blind. Under the shelf there is a load of black Bose boxes, so I am not going to touch all that!! :o :o

Plan now shelved ( ;D ;D), which is a pity as I loved having that blind with my previous Omega's :'( :'(

Thanks again  :-* :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2017, 16:33:28 »

Seat bolsters, headrests and mounting posts all come out and cover pulls out... It is clipped so a bit of a pig... Plug blind/shelf assembly and refit.

There is a guide.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2017, 17:10:45 »

Seat bolsters, headrests and mounting posts all come out and cover pulls out... It is clipped so a bit of a pig... Plug blind/shelf assembly and refit.

There is a guide.

Yes, and I now think it is just not worth doing with all the Bose stuff involved

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2017, 17:13:29 »

Changing the rear shelf is straightforward enough.  Just needs time and patience.

Being a late Elite, yours will have a unique plug on your existing loom, so try to grab a bit of loom as well from the donor, and solder it to your loom.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2017, 18:02:05 »

You'll also need the dashboard switch.

The centre grille doesn't have a speaker under it and the other two are fixed to the metal shelf, when you take the shelf out and especially when you fit a shelf with a blind you need to be careful of damaging the speakers.

The shelf with the blind has three threaded ends which locate through three slots on the metal shelf, when located you need three nylock nuts to secure the blind unit to the metal shelf - this is simply because the weight of the blind at a 30ish degree  angle strains the unit and it would twist.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2017, 18:33:41 »

The more I hear, the more I think "thank God I have shelved the project"!! ;D ;D ;)

By the way if anyone is interested in taking this project up, Omega52 on Ebay has still this blind, shelf, and switch available (or at least it will be now I have cancelled my order) for £61 all in.  He is a great, very reliable dealer, who has just broken a 52 plate Elite, and I have already had a few parts from him as the car was the same colour as mine; Z594! :y :y
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 18:37:44 by Lizzie Zoom »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2017, 18:55:48 »

It's really not that bad. Just easier when you've done it once!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2017, 19:00:30 »

It's really not that bad. Just easier when you've done it once!

Yeah, I bet. Like doing the HBV! :D :D ;)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2017, 19:10:28 »

If you really want one fitted so the Elite is up to full spec, I`m sure Nick would oblige
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=10064
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2017, 19:26:41 »

If you really want one fitted so the Elite is up to full spec, I`m sure Nick would oblige
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=10064

Thanks all the same, but I will stick with what I have. :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 March 2017, 20:14:13 »

The more I hear, the more I think "thank God I have shelved the project"!! ;D ;D ;)

By the way if anyone is interested in taking this project up, Omega52 on Ebay has still this blind, shelf, and switch available (or at least it will be now I have cancelled my order) for £61 all in.  He is a great, very reliable dealer, who has just broken a 52 plate Elite, and I have already had a few parts from him as the car was the same colour as mine; Z594! :y :y

When I was breaking Omegas, 5 or so years ago I used to sell them for around £30. Probably why I'm skint.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2017, 20:46:50 »

When I was breaking Omegas, 5 or so years ago I used to sell them for around £30. Probably why I'm skint.  ::)

Yes, and the price for our Omegas parts, if you can get them, are going up and up. :o

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2017, 21:11:44 »

Don't see why they would be going up, when hardly anyone wants them. I have chucked a few boot loads of Omega parts in a skip because I couldn't give them away.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2017, 08:38:13 »

Really Lizzie,its quite straightforward as I did mine about 3 years ago when I first acquired my 2003 Elite.

As said its fiddly,but not complicated in any way and all the Bose stuff stays in place.Old shelf will pul out once you have removed seat bolsters/head rests/back side pillar trims .

The wiring loom will be just tucked inside the boot trim on the n/s near the back of the seat and the dash board switch again just pushes into the space blanked off.

I find the effort involved originally fitting it well worth it as its nice if you have "little ones" in the back on a hot sunny day and does make the inside less of a glare....go for it you will be fine doing it just take your time and don't pull or bend things too much  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 April 2017, 10:39:17 »

Really Lizzie,its quite straightforward as I did mine about 3 years ago when I first acquired my 2003 Elite.

As said its fiddly,but not complicated in any way and all the Bose stuff stays in place.Old shelf will pul out once you have removed seat bolsters/head rests/back side pillar trims .

The wiring loom will be just tucked inside the boot trim on the n/s near the back of the seat and the dash board switch again just pushes into the space blanked off.

I find the effort involved originally fitting it well worth it as its nice if you have "little ones" in the back on a hot sunny day and does make the inside less of a glare....go for it you will be fine doing it just take your time and don't pull or bend things too much  :y

Thanks.  You make it so temptingly easy! :D :D :y :y

Will I change my mind? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2017, 10:46:44 »

Don't see why they would be going up, when hardly anyone wants them. I have chucked a few boot loads of Omega parts in a skip because I couldn't give them away.

The thing is there is still enough of us who cherish our Omega's to make holding and selling of parts still a lucrative business.  The main dealers only have a few parts left, and they have gone up in price considerably over the last 3 years.  Now the parts that become available via the breakers, and there are pages and pages of them on the internet, are worth far more than they were worth when the main dealers had plentiful stocks of new ex-factory items. So the market forces of supply and demand rule and mean that if you have any Omega parts they will be worth a good, reasonable price . :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2017, 11:07:16 »

As sure as eggs is eggs ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2017, 11:30:08 »

The thing is there is still enough of us who cherish our Omega's to make holding and selling of parts still a lucrative business.  The main dealers only have a few parts left, and they have gone up in price considerably over the last 3 years.  Now the parts that become available via the breakers, and there are pages and pages of them on the internet, are worth far more than they were worth when the main dealers had plentiful stocks of new ex-factory items. So the market forces of supply and demand rule and mean that if you have any Omega parts they will be worth a good, reasonable price . :y

That's what eventually happens, but we're a long way from it. It is niche sites like this that make it look more viable than it really is.

These cars are still common, but even a good one isn't worth enough to be desirable. They don't suffer from major mechanical failures(the low price of a good automatic gearbox is a fine indicator - getting one for a similar age BMW or Mercedes was always costly because they were in demand), and all of the service/maintenance parts(filters, plugs, belts, water pumps, brakes etc) plus the long term wear parts(shocks, springs, bushes, radiators, gaskets, bearings)are readily available new at sensible prices. Garages won't buy these parts used, and it's pretty daft to do so for DIY  work.

That only leaves trim, bolt on panels, the odd electrical part and the few upgrades that only apply to low spec cars for people breaking cars. This is a small market, with small returns even if you have the space and willingness to store a load of stuff long term.

The prices of used parts won't increase until they and the cars that require them are both rare and expensive; which is unlikely to ever happen - just look at the low value of an early Senator.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2017, 13:39:45 »

As sure as eggs is eggs ;D

Well this morning I have yet again been looking at the pros and cons of the installation of a blind. Still torn in my mind..................I could do it.................but do I want the hassle for such a little gain?  Decisions, decisions!!  Come on business brain, click in and finally overrule my heart! ;D ;D ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 April 2017, 13:43:50 »

The one in the daily driver has given up so i'll have to remove that and fix it at some point.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2017, 13:48:26 »

The one in the daily driver has given up so i'll have to remove that and fix it at some point.

Quick, get in touch with Omega52 via Ebay.!! :D :D :D ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2017, 13:55:41 »

Well this morning I have yet again been looking at the pros and cons of the installation of a blind. Still torn in my mind..................I could do it.................but do I want the hassle for such a little gain?  Decisions, decisions!!  Come on business brain, click in and finally overrule my heart! ;D ;D ;)

You've could've had it fitted while you were sat at your pc/tablet/phone  ;)

They're  not hard to fit or remove

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2017, 15:21:10 »

Quick, get in touch with Omega52 via Ebay.!! :D :D :D ;)
Fear not I have a spare, but I'll be repairing the original of course!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2017, 16:54:18 »

I know, everyone is saying that......but I look at all that is involved on mine and still cannot convince myself now of what I thought yesterday.  Perhaps it's my young age  ;D ;D but I am not convinced it is worthwhile..all the hassle..............where's that cup of tea again? ::) ::) :D :D ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2017, 17:02:08 »

I know, everyone is saying that......but I look at all that is involved on mine and still cannot convince myself now of what I thought yesterday.  Perhaps it's my young age  ;D ;D but I am not convinced it is worthwhile..all the hassle..............where's that cup of tea again? ::) ::) :D :D ;)
No different to any other Omega they are fitted on as they, to the best of my knowledge, were only fitted to Elite's and all Facelift Elite's had Bose etc.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2017, 17:17:35 »

Well thanks guys for all your answers; this is why I missed not being on this site! :-* :-* :-* :-*

Yes, I have now done the typical female thing...........I have changed my mind!    I HAVE reordered the blind, shelf and switch!! :D :D

I WILL try and fit it all.  Why shouldn't I, as I have dealt with far bigger mechanical jobs in my time, and anyway I know I can ask you further questions if I get stuck! :y :y :y :y :y

There is just one question now going around my head...............do you have to remove the headrest mounting points..........or do they come with the new shelf (they are shown in the dealers photo)?

Once again thanks for your support :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 April 2017, 17:20:31 »

Yep, you have to squeeze them together at the rear to release the clips then push them forward, the catch for the armrest needs to be unscrewed as well.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 April 2017, 17:21:40 »

Yep, you have to squeeze them together at the rear to release the clips then push them forward, the catch for the armrest needs to be unscrewed as well.

Ah thanks! :-* :-* :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 April 2017, 17:25:54 »

You will need to remove the 6 tube sleeves that the headrests fit into to get the old parcel shelf out.These have a tang on each edge which requires pressing in with a suitable set of pliers or mole grips then the entire tube will pull out leaving only the catch for the fold down back in the seats and the small center arm rest spike from being unscrewed.

All pretty basic stuff just time consuming if its the first time you have dismantled that part but very doable and quite satisfying .

Remember there is a couple of nuts that hold the parcel shelf down which need removing too,these being accessed from inside the boot area up by the Bose amp.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 April 2017, 17:32:02 »

You will need to remove the 6 tube sleeves that the headrests fit into to get the old parcel shelf out.These have a tang on each edge which requires pressing in with a suitable set of pliers or mole grips then the entire tube will pull out leaving only the catch for the fold down back in the seats and the small center arm rest spike from being unscrewed.

All pretty basic stuff just time consuming if its the first time you have dismantled that part but very doable and quite satisfying .

Remember there is a couple of nuts that hold the parcel shelf down which need removing too,these being accessed from inside the boot area up by the Bose amp.

Many thanks amba :-* :-* :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 April 2017, 17:43:09 »

Fortunately there's a guide ::)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 April 2017, 18:03:02 »

Just a very obvious question,Lizzie,but assume you are also getting the rear parcel with the cut out for the blind ? ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 April 2017, 18:06:46 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90506.0

Thanks DG and RobG.  I had already looked at that. It seems comprehensive enough, but the advice given in this thread gives information that does not appear to be in this guide.

Is this guide correct.  Do you for instance need to pull out the lower section of the rear seats?

VXL V6 and amb are just two members who have done this job.  I ask them, is this guide a full and correct account of what to do please? Are there any additions / corrections to be considered? :-\

Many thanks :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 April 2017, 18:07:15 »

Just a very obvious question,Lizzie,but assume you are also getting the rear parcel with the cut out for the blind ? ;)

Yes thanks, it is all coming complete :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 April 2017, 18:21:01 »

Thought you had ,but as hadn't read earlier in the thread thought I should just ask the "obvious " :)

Guide is pretty accurate although as with most jobs you will no doudt end up finding your own way of dealing with a particular method.Once all the fittings/nuts and clips have been removed you basically kneel in the recess from where the seat base was and pull the old shelf towards you from the plastic clips holding it in place by the back windscreen.It needs a good tug ,but also worth mentioning it should be lifted slightly to clear the speakers rings as these have a foam cushion on them and can get torn slightly although no big concern as they are never seen once all is secured back in place.

Also check the plug connection on your cars wiring loom as some plugs/sockets differ slightly and may require some wire cutting and soldering ...that will become obvious when you receive the new blind from Nigel

I thing you will have no issues fitting it and will appreciate the advantage of the blind when fitted :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 April 2017, 18:32:35 »

Thought you had ,but as hadn't read earlier in the thread thought I should just ask the "obvious " :)

Guide is pretty accurate although as with most jobs you will no doudt end up finding your own way of dealing with a particular method.Once all the fittings/nuts and clips have been removed you basically kneel in the recess from where the seat base was and pull the old shelf towards you from the plastic clips holding it in place by the back windscreen.It needs a good tug ,but also worth mentioning it should be lifted slightly to clear the speakers rings as these have a foam cushion on them and can get torn slightly although no big concern as they are never seen once all is secured back in place.

Also check the plug connection on your cars wiring loom as some plugs/sockets differ slightly and may require some wire cutting and soldering ...that will become obvious when you receive the new blind from Nigel

I thing you will have no issues fitting it and will appreciate the advantage of the blind when fitted :y

Thanks amba.  That is very reassuring. :-* :-* :y :y

In respect of the clips mentioned, is there every chance they will break, or if you are reasonably careful they can refitted easily?

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 April 2017, 22:50:22 »

They are a white plastic push in lug similar to those that secure door cards and slot into the opposite shaped receptacle in the parcel shelf...this will become clearer when you get the parcel shelf from Nigel and have a good look at it.

In truth it would sit pretty well without them fitted as you could just push the top side of the parcel shelf tight to the rear screen ,but from memory non on mine bust so hope you fair the same,but as said they area  standard lug button .

Keep us posted when it arrives and you start fitting it if you get stuck  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01 April 2017, 22:55:23 »

They are a white plastic push in lug similar to those that secure door cards and slot into the opposite shaped receptacle in the parcel shelf...this will become clearer when you get the parcel shelf from Nigel and have a good look at it.

In truth it would sit pretty well without them fitted as you could just push the top side of the parcel shelf tight to the rear screen ,but from memory non on mine bust so hope you fair the same,but as said they area  standard lug button .

Keep us posted when it arrives and you start fitting it if you get stuck  :y

Many thanks again amba :-* :-* :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02 April 2017, 14:39:54 »

LZ, if you decide you are too unsure to fit your new blind when it arrives, and fancy a day out, I'll happily do it for you FOC.

But, honestly, its easier than it looks, though "fiddly" in places.  First time around, you may find it easier to the D trims (not necessary, but does make it easier the first time).  The big thing to be aware of is to look at the new shelf when it arrives, and notice the 3 (M10?) studs that aren't on your old shelf. The outer 2 of these, when you push the new shelf into place, ensure they DON'T drag across the Bose speakers.

Additionally, test the blind on the kitchen floor before fitting, using a good 12v supply, and dry lube it at same time (the stuff used for plastic curtain rails is ideal)
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02 April 2017, 16:00:04 »

LZ, if you decide you are too unsure to fit your new blind when it arrives, and fancy a day out, I'll happily do it for you FOC.

But, honestly, its easier than it looks, though "fiddly" in places.  First time around, you may find it easier to the D trims (not necessary, but does make it easier the first time).  The big thing to be aware of is to look at the new shelf when it arrives, and notice the 3 (M10?) studs that aren't on your old shelf. The outer 2 of these, when you push the new shelf into place, ensure they DON'T drag across the Bose speakers.

Additionally, test the blind on the kitchen floor before fitting, using a good 12v supply, and dry lube it at same time (the stuff used for plastic curtain rails is ideal)

Many thanks RS, and very kind of you to offer :-* :-* :-* :y :y

I am determined to do this job, as I don't normally shy away from anything.  But as much as I can do anything mechanically, when it comes to trim, things happen; like lugs and clips break, and old plastic falls apart! ::) ::)

I certainly note your advice and will do as you suggest.  If I get stuck you will be the first to know!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

With all the advice I can get on this great site of ours I should be ok :y :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02 April 2017, 19:56:04 »

You'll also need the dashboard switch.

The centre grille doesn't have a speaker under it and the other two are fixed to the metal shelf, when you take the shelf out and especially when you fit a shelf with a blind you need to be careful of damaging the speakers.

The shelf with the blind has three threaded ends which locate through three slots on the metal shelf, when located you need three nylock nuts to secure the blind unit to the metal shelf - this is simply because the weight of the blind at a 30ish degree  angle strains the unit and it would twist.

Just one more question about the speakers please; I have Bose speakers on the back shelf with what appears to be plastic housings over them. Do you prise these off, or are there screws holding the covers with the speakers, as you say, mounted to the metal shelf?

Thanks again VXL V6, or anyone else who can answer :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 02 April 2017, 20:07:24 »

Speaker grills just clip into the shelf part that you will remove.  Clips are obvious when shelf is out, so remove them then, assuming your new shelf doesn't come with any.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 April 2017, 20:10:59 »

Speaker grills just clip into the shelf part that you will remove.  Clips are obvious when shelf is out, so remove them then, assuming your new shelf doesn't come with any.

Great. Many thanks again :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02 April 2017, 20:23:25 »

Lizzie .. can't find Omega52 anywhere on fleabay .. do you have a link please .. I need a few odds and sods ....  :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 April 2017, 20:32:41 »

Lizzie .. can't find Omega52 anywhere on fleabay .. do you have a link please .. I need a few odds and sods ....  :)

No problem Entwood:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/omegas52?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

and this is the link for the full list of Omega parts available on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories/131090/i.html?MMake=Vauxhall&MModel=Omega&rt=nc

As I have said Omega52 is proving to be an excellent dealer who is going the extra mile with my window blind order, after I have given him orders in the past that he has fulfilled brillantly :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02 April 2017, 20:53:11 »

Thanks muchly ... looks like I might be in luck ....  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 02 April 2017, 22:31:35 »

Worth trying Steve at Heathrow and asking here first ;)

Unless you're on the pikey circuit oop norf.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 02 April 2017, 22:46:52 »

Worth trying Steve at Heathrow and asking here first ;)

Unless you're on the pikey circuit oop norf.

Steve doesn't have what I want .. and hasn't for a while .... but this guy seems to have it ....  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02 April 2017, 22:58:36 »

Presume you have asked... also, I have all sorts of odds and sods. If you don't ask and all that ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 02 April 2017, 23:56:54 »

I seem to have built up a collection of bitz & pieces also, despite my determination not to.  ::)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 April 2017, 19:15:24 »

No problem Entwood:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories/131090/i.html?MMake=Vauxhall&MModel=Omega&rt=nc

As I have said Omega52 is proving to be an excellent dealer who is going the extra mile with my window blind order, after I have given him orders in the past that he has fulfilled brillantly :y :y

Once again many thanks for this .. I now have a fully working sun roof again, courtesy of your links ..  appreciate the help..   :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 April 2017, 19:36:28 »

No problem Entwood:

Once again many thanks for this .. I now have a fully working sun roof again, courtesy of your links ..  appreciate the help..   :)

My pleasure Entwood. Anytime. :y :y

I am glad you have found this dealer as good as I have 8)  8)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 April 2017, 20:12:31 »

Omega52-(nigel) he has got a lot more parts than what you see on his ebay pages...when ive had dealings in the past with him ive always collected from him... he is a spot on bloke  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 April 2017, 20:28:04 »

[quote  author=Steve B link=topic=139172.msg1798247#msg1798247 date=1491419551]
Omega52-(nigel) he has got a lot more parts than what you see on his ebay pages...when ive had dealings in the past with him ive always collected from him... he is a spot on bloke  :y
[/quote]

I am dealing with Nigel on almost a daily basis at the moment and he is so helpful and reliable.  I am not surprised he has more Omega parts than those listed. Although I have never been to his yard, and probably never will given the distance, he seems to have an endless supply of everything I need that's for sure. :y :y

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 April 2017, 20:46:16 »

I am dealing with Nigel on almost a daily basis at the moment and he is so helpful and reliable.  I am not surprised he has more Omega parts than those listed. Although I have never been to his yard, and probably never will given the distance, he seems to have an endless supply of everything I need that's for sure. :y :y
[/quote]Are you sorting your front end damage out from him ?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 April 2017, 21:14:25 »

Are you sorting your front end damage out from him ?
[/quote]

No. That has all been done thanks.  I am building up a stock of parts I may need :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 05 April 2017, 23:47:07 »

Ive retro fitted one in mine not so long ago , not a bad job really but i had the extra job of cutting the hole out for the blind . Im still looking for a f/l blind switch and there does not seem to be a spare one in existence on the planet  :(
Omegatitis

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 06 April 2017, 07:44:26 »

Ive retro fitted one in mine not so long ago , not a bad job really but i had the extra job of cutting the hole out for the blind . Im still looking for a f/l blind switch and there does not seem to be a spare one in existence on the planet  :(

Try this guy EMD, Nigel / Omega52, the dealer who I refer to in this thread who seems to vbe breaking quite a lot on miggies:

If anyone has one he will perhaps :D :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06 April 2017, 12:35:56 »

Try this guy EMD, Nigel / Omega52, the dealer who I refer to in this thread who seems to vbe breaking quite a lot on miggies:

Hi Lizzie ... tiny, tiny point ... :) 

You refer to this guy as "omega52" ... his actual ebay name is "omegas52" ... extra "s" ... which is why I couldn't find him without your links ... :) 

Just trying to avoid any confusion ... not intended to criticise at all  :)
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 12:37:59 by Entwood »

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13 April 2017, 15:02:28 »

Thanks lizzie but i have met nigel last year when i picked up a few bits .. he didnt have any switches but now at last annihilator from here is sending me one  :D The last one in existence  :)
Omegatitis

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13 April 2017, 15:24:17 »

Thanks lizzie but i have met nigel last year when i picked up a few bits .. he didnt have any switches but now at last annihilator from here is sending me one  :D The last one in existence  :)

That's good EMD.  There was me thinking I had the last switch in existence! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13 April 2017, 20:02:07 »

Admire your determination to not only d.i.y. as much as possible but also to get your car "just so" :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13 April 2017, 20:32:01 »

Admire your determination to not only d.i.y. as much as possible but also to get your car "just so" :y

Many thanks. Yes once I start I do not let go until I achieve my goals ;D  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.