Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear parcel shelf blind  (Read 10546 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Rear parcel shelf blind
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2017, 21:11:44 »

Don't see why they would be going up, when hardly anyone wants them. I have chucked a few boot loads of Omega parts in a skip because I couldn't give them away.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2017, 08:38:13 »

Really Lizzie,its quite straightforward as I did mine about 3 years ago when I first acquired my 2003 Elite.

As said its fiddly,but not complicated in any way and all the Bose stuff stays in place.Old shelf will pul out once you have removed seat bolsters/head rests/back side pillar trims .

The wiring loom will be just tucked inside the boot trim on the n/s near the back of the seat and the dash board switch again just pushes into the space blanked off.

I find the effort involved originally fitting it well worth it as its nice if you have "little ones" in the back on a hot sunny day and does make the inside less of a glare....go for it you will be fine doing it just take your time and don't pull or bend things too much  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 April 2017, 10:39:17 »

Really Lizzie,its quite straightforward as I did mine about 3 years ago when I first acquired my 2003 Elite.

As said its fiddly,but not complicated in any way and all the Bose stuff stays in place.Old shelf will pul out once you have removed seat bolsters/head rests/back side pillar trims .

The wiring loom will be just tucked inside the boot trim on the n/s near the back of the seat and the dash board switch again just pushes into the space blanked off.

I find the effort involved originally fitting it well worth it as its nice if you have "little ones" in the back on a hot sunny day and does make the inside less of a glare....go for it you will be fine doing it just take your time and don't pull or bend things too much  :y

Thanks.  You make it so temptingly easy! :D :D :y :y

Will I change my mind? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2017, 10:46:44 »

Don't see why they would be going up, when hardly anyone wants them. I have chucked a few boot loads of Omega parts in a skip because I couldn't give them away.

The thing is there is still enough of us who cherish our Omega's to make holding and selling of parts still a lucrative business.  The main dealers only have a few parts left, and they have gone up in price considerably over the last 3 years.  Now the parts that become available via the breakers, and there are pages and pages of them on the internet, are worth far more than they were worth when the main dealers had plentiful stocks of new ex-factory items. So the market forces of supply and demand rule and mean that if you have any Omega parts they will be worth a good, reasonable price . :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2017, 11:07:16 »

As sure as eggs is eggs ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2017, 11:30:08 »

The thing is there is still enough of us who cherish our Omega's to make holding and selling of parts still a lucrative business.  The main dealers only have a few parts left, and they have gone up in price considerably over the last 3 years.  Now the parts that become available via the breakers, and there are pages and pages of them on the internet, are worth far more than they were worth when the main dealers had plentiful stocks of new ex-factory items. So the market forces of supply and demand rule and mean that if you have any Omega parts they will be worth a good, reasonable price . :y

That's what eventually happens, but we're a long way from it. It is niche sites like this that make it look more viable than it really is.

These cars are still common, but even a good one isn't worth enough to be desirable. They don't suffer from major mechanical failures(the low price of a good automatic gearbox is a fine indicator - getting one for a similar age BMW or Mercedes was always costly because they were in demand), and all of the service/maintenance parts(filters, plugs, belts, water pumps, brakes etc) plus the long term wear parts(shocks, springs, bushes, radiators, gaskets, bearings)are readily available new at sensible prices. Garages won't buy these parts used, and it's pretty daft to do so for DIY  work.

That only leaves trim, bolt on panels, the odd electrical part and the few upgrades that only apply to low spec cars for people breaking cars. This is a small market, with small returns even if you have the space and willingness to store a load of stuff long term.

The prices of used parts won't increase until they and the cars that require them are both rare and expensive; which is unlikely to ever happen - just look at the low value of an early Senator.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2017, 13:39:45 »

As sure as eggs is eggs ;D

Well this morning I have yet again been looking at the pros and cons of the installation of a blind. Still torn in my mind..................I could do it.................but do I want the hassle for such a little gain?  Decisions, decisions!!  Come on business brain, click in and finally overrule my heart! ;D ;D ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 April 2017, 13:43:50 »

The one in the daily driver has given up so i'll have to remove that and fix it at some point.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2017, 13:48:26 »

The one in the daily driver has given up so i'll have to remove that and fix it at some point.

Quick, get in touch with Omega52 via Ebay.!! :D :D :D ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2017, 13:55:41 »

Well this morning I have yet again been looking at the pros and cons of the installation of a blind. Still torn in my mind..................I could do it.................but do I want the hassle for such a little gain?  Decisions, decisions!!  Come on business brain, click in and finally overrule my heart! ;D ;D ;)

You've could've had it fitted while you were sat at your pc/tablet/phone  ;)

They're  not hard to fit or remove

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2017, 15:21:10 »

Quick, get in touch with Omega52 via Ebay.!! :D :D :D ;)
Fear not I have a spare, but I'll be repairing the original of course!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2017, 16:54:18 »

I know, everyone is saying that......but I look at all that is involved on mine and still cannot convince myself now of what I thought yesterday.  Perhaps it's my young age  ;D ;D but I am not convinced it is worthwhile..all the hassle..............where's that cup of tea again? ::) ::) :D :D ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2017, 17:02:08 »

I know, everyone is saying that......but I look at all that is involved on mine and still cannot convince myself now of what I thought yesterday.  Perhaps it's my young age  ;D ;D but I am not convinced it is worthwhile..all the hassle..............where's that cup of tea again? ::) ::) :D :D ;)
No different to any other Omega they are fitted on as they, to the best of my knowledge, were only fitted to Elite's and all Facelift Elite's had Bose etc.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2017, 17:17:35 »

Well thanks guys for all your answers; this is why I missed not being on this site! :-* :-* :-* :-*

Yes, I have now done the typical female thing...........I have changed my mind!    I HAVE reordered the blind, shelf and switch!! :D :D

I WILL try and fit it all.  Why shouldn't I, as I have dealt with far bigger mechanical jobs in my time, and anyway I know I can ask you further questions if I get stuck! :y :y :y :y :y

There is just one question now going around my head...............do you have to remove the headrest mounting points..........or do they come with the new shelf (they are shown in the dealers photo)?

Once again thanks for your support :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 April 2017, 17:20:31 »

Yep, you have to squeeze them together at the rear to release the clips then push them forward, the catch for the armrest needs to be unscrewed as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.