Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parcel Shelf Blind Fitting 2  (Read 3414 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Parcel Shelf Blind Fitting 2
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2017, 17:11:07 »

Recover the shitty shelf with alcantara of a shade WOT matches your interior.

Job jobbed :y

That is a damn fine tip DG :y :y

It is pricey, but I am considering it as a possible solution as the attempt to spray paint the donor shelf is not working.

After unbolting the blind from my acquired shelf, and thoroughly considering all options including trying to respray the whole unit, I have now opted to go with Doctor Gollum's great suggestion. Alcantara it is going to be, all in for £40 I will be able to recover the shelf and give it an upmarket appearance that my Omega deserves.

The other options, like cutting my existing shelf was not an option when all considered.  The blind is held on by 5 nuts on studs that are specially fitted.  There is no way I could possibly transfer those to my existing shelf without making a hell of a mess.  The great truth is that by going with the fabric cover option it will all be easier to do.  Just a case of transferring the speaker housings and centre rear seat belt casing over. 

Now I have been able to study the donor shelf all is clear on what to do.  Once the material comes through I will be able to complete the project :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2017, 18:55:42 »

8)

While they're off, the pillar trims could also be covered if you're feeling bold ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2017, 20:01:16 »

8)

While they're off, the pillar trims could also be covered if you're feeling bold ;)

I will have to see how I feel once the shelf is covered. I've ordered just enough material to cover the shelf, so I will have to see if I have any spare ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.