Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bit of a wierd One  (Read 1250 times)

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • 99 2.5 V6, 03 2.2 CD FL
    • View Profile
Bit of a wierd One
« on: 13 April 2017, 20:37:09 »

Hi guys hope everyone is good

Had a bit of a wierd couple days went to work yesterday morning all was good in the omega parked at work on level ground locked up and left as usual

Cane back roughly 12 hours later started as per usual on the turn BUT Fuel gauge on dash showed nothing no movement at all with no fuel light on. pulled round to office turned off and went to cash up came back out and solid fuel light on and some movement so assumed just having a funny 5 minutes drove home

On way home indicating right out of depo and rear indicator not working front and side are so i thought bulb but after checking it and swapping with other side all okbut still no os rear indicator

So tonight on way home fuel gauge showing on the top of red lines but petrol symbol flashed all the way home ..

Any ideas i have 4 days off over easter so have abit of investigation time in between the service of SWMBO Zaffy & Desmond

Just to add there is fuel in her
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elm327 code reader And OP COM available Locally PM Me

Chazza12

• Intermediate Member
  • south yorkshire
    • 1996 2.0 16v CD estate
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of a wierd One
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2017, 07:56:15 »

if its the old dash board fitted to your model it would be the board on the back of the rev counter as that controls the voltage for the fuel gauge. i found that out when mine did that changed the board and it was all working again as for indicator it could be a faulty connection or bad wire you would need to check the wires and the plug fitting, if its the newer type of dash i don't know if it can be the board as they have more electronics on them than the old ones. i have a new type in shed as it came with the car as they was going to upgrade things but never got round to it, i dont even know if its possible to. 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of a wierd One
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2017, 11:55:54 »

How much fuel?
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.