Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED: OPEL OMEGA 2.2 - WONT START  (Read 1772 times)

windhoek_boy

• Windhoek, Namibia
    • Omega 2.2 16V
    • View Profile
SOLVED: OPEL OMEGA 2.2 - WONT START
« on: 01 May 2017, 17:59:51 »

Hi Everyone. Thought this might help anyone else in similar situation.  :) Feedback on this original starting post - OPEL OMEGA 2.2 WONT START

HOW WE SOLVED IT

Cam Sensor &  Crank Sensor connectors were connected vice versa. We switched connectors back correctly and car started without hesistation. The connectors on these 2 sensors on my Omega are exactly the same with 3 pins and same color orange. Could any color coding have been helpful in this cars design  since they are close to each other? so the whole time they were connected wrongly. We realized this after 6 months ::)

Now back on the road and happy  :)

Thanks guys for all the input
« Last Edit: 01 May 2017, 18:01:31 by windhoek_boy »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED: OPEL OMEGA 2.2 - WONT START
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2017, 01:57:13 »

The most confounding problems are often the simplest of fixes...

Glad you have it sorted :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

windhoek_boy

• Windhoek, Namibia
    • Omega 2.2 16V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2017, 14:30:22 »

The most confounding problems are often the simplest of fixes...

Glad you have it sorted :y

You sir were very helpful.  :y You can say that again. The whole time the car was fine. All along... Come to think of it.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2017, 08:37:40 »

I had a similar nightmare on a Rover Streetwise on which I had changed the head gasket. The engine ran, car would drive, but engine would not idle properly. I eventually discovered that the cam sensor and throttle sensor sockets were identical and mounted side by side, and I had plugged the leads into the wrong sockets. Rotten design I call it.

Come to think of it, on the 2.2 cam sensor and crank sensor connectors are neighbours too. I had not realised the connectors were identical; shame on Opel.

Congratulations to you for tracing the fault. It took me quite a a while.

windhoek_boy

• Windhoek, Namibia
    • Omega 2.2 16V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2017, 10:56:48 »

I had a similar nightmare on a Rover Streetwise on which I had changed the head gasket. The engine ran, car would drive, but engine would not idle properly. I eventually discovered that the cam sensor and throttle sensor sockets were identical and mounted side by side, and I had plugged the leads into the wrong sockets. Rotten design I call it.

Come to think of it, on the 2.2 cam sensor and crank sensor connectors are neighbours too. I had not realised the connectors were identical; shame on Opel.

Congratulations to you for tracing the fault. It took me quite a a while.

Terry  ;D After 6 months of checking every single wire with a multi-meter we found nothing. Just One Sunday when the mechanic and i looked at each other and we said "Wait a minute, these 2 sensors don't seem to be connected correctly!" Then we swapped the connections. Indeed we were right.

Obviously after months of checking wires and using diagnostic machines we never found the fault. Everything just seemed right. And it was. Except that cam sensor & Crank sensor situation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 17 queries.