Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member - Looking for a good home for Aunty's CDX 2.5 V6 17k P plate  (Read 3396 times)

Grinnders

• Poole, Dorset
    • Lotus
    • View Profile

Hi Guys,

I'll be honest up front. I'm more of a sports car fan but I don't like to see good honest cars being scrapped when there may be someone out there looking exactly for this type of car or to recycle / upcycle major parts for their own pride and joy.

The history or the car.
It has had a single mature lady owner all of its life from new until now
It has had the original main dealer servicing for its whole life
Everything on it will be original factory fresh
It has probably missed nothing until the recent years since when it has not been driven at all but as is the way of an elderly generation it has still been taxed, insured and breakdown covered (if not serviced/MOT'd in recent years
I managed to start the car after a charge on the battery but doubt the battery will hold charge for long (worked the next day but may not when I return in a few months)
I have taken a lot of photos which I will probably add in due course
Every electrical button works and every motor functions
The front passenger window didn't work at first but I could hear the relay ticking. After about 10 attempts it worked repeatedly and window went up and down so guess a little inertia from debris build up after not being washed for a year or so.
But rear blinds, multi positional sunroof, even aircon still worked.
All lights seemed operative including hi / lo, front rear fog, indicators etc.
Tyres are probably original 17k old. Front drivers was low. Has been re inflated. Possible slow leak.
Spare tyre is factory fresh same size and still gig the little spikes where it's clearly not touched the road ever
Spare tyre looks to be on steel and not alloy though.
Jack never been moved by looks of it. Includes wheel bolt brace and cross teas screw driver.
I still need to find security key for hub cap and 6 CD cassette for cd changer.
Noticed some surface indentations in rear door. Possible result from shopping trolleys?

Is this likely to be of any interest to anyone on this forum? I cannot discuss timeline yet as sale is ultimately at aunts discretion and clearly more an emotional thing when I will also need to be present and find V5 / search for missing items (I live 180 miles away!and car located near Wolverhampton)

Cheers

Grinnders

• Poole, Dorset
    • Lotus
    • View Profile

I was wrong....

MOT expires 04/SEP/2017 and taxed until 01/DEC/17.

I imagine it may not have been driven much since that MOT!

Forgot to mention has heated seats front AND BACK

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

Rules state that members cannot advertise cars or parts for sale until they reach a minimum of 250 posts. Your posts wont last long I'm afraid.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile

And it's covered 17,000 miles?
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile

Rules state that members cannot advertise cars or parts for sale until they reach a minimum of 250 posts. Your posts wont last long I'm afraid.  ;)

Shame because it sounds like a great car. I'm contacting the new member with a view to going to view it.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile

And it's covered 17,000 miles?

That's giffers for you.

My father in law recently gave a w Reg mk4 1.6 astra to my son with 19K on the clock. In the last 4 years of his ownership he did as many miles in a year as I do in a week.

Grinnders

• Poole, Dorset
    • Lotus
    • View Profile

Sorry I don't mean to break rules but I'm never going to amass many posts on this forum. I'm just bringing the availability (at some time in the future) of this car to your collective attention. I was somewhat surprised to find an owners forum TBH but here I am.

I just hate to see waste and and apart from a slow puncture (but its got a brand new spare), a few trolley dents and some visual signs on the drivers seat this car looks like a 17k mileage car.

Otherwise the reality is there's a good chance this car will eventually get sold for scrap to a dealer in Wolverhampton if I cannot connect to enthusiasts just like you and others on your forum.  :-\  I don't mind paying a fee for the introduction or perhaps a donation to charity. I'm not trying to make major profit just reach a win-win arrangement.

So I do apologise to the Mods but there are possibly forum members out there that might just need a spare part or two and they could actually get a whole working car for the same money. How else can I find people like you if not through this forum?

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile

Spare tyre looks to be on steel and not alloy though.

thats as it left the factory

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile

A "P" reg with just 17k on the clock, with the same tyres since new?! :o

Sorry to sound sceptical but that really does sound too good to be true. Wear on seats should be as with a new car; non-existent ;)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile

Sorry to sound sceptical but that really does sound too good to be true. Wear on seats should be as with a new car; non-existent ;)

yes seat and pedal wear a good check also rear tyres should be nearly bald at 17k and fronts well over half way through their life.  front disks should have very little wear - only a slight lip on the outer edges.

i'd be interested to know if the original cam belt is still on :o
« Last Edit: 02 August 2017, 15:51:54 by migmog »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

yes seat and pedal wear a good check also rear tyres should be nearly bald at 17k and fronts well over half way through their life.  front disks should have very little wear - only a slight lip on the outer edges.

i'd be interested to know if the original cam belt is still on :o
Not for much longer by the sounds of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.