Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No more cars....  (Read 3762 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: No more cars....
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2017, 17:44:45 »

Am I the only one to think that this pollution problem is a myth, or at least nowhere near as severe as the revenue collectors would have us believe? ???

Ron.

Come and stay with us Ron. We drive down from the mountains and in the distance we can see Granada city at the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas mountains. The city is always bathed in a smog of pollution. Very little wind to blow it away. It is highly visible. The EU have a list of cities to fine for failing to get pollution down. Granada is one of them. Funny thing is when you are in Granada you cannot "feel or see the pollution". It is still there.

Understood, but that could be harmless water vapour, especially as it cannot be "seen or felt". It doesn't have to be man-made, nor due to cars, although cars are easy to blame and tax!

Ron.

You should try going to an Asian city like Bangkok or Ho Chi Minh City which are horrendously congested and the traffic is at a permanent crawl.  ::)   You can almost taste the air, your clothes will stink of traffic fumes and you quickly produce big black bogies!!  :o  ;D

But if you still don't believe that exhaust emissions are harmful to Humans, attach a hose to your exhaust, feed it into the car, start the engine and sit in the car for an hour.  :)  Then come back and tell us it's fine!  :y

Actually Ron, no don't do that because you will die!!  ::)  Why?  because exhaust emissions are toxic and will kill you!!  :o

That's a disclaimer just in case Ron decides to try it!!  :o  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: 24 October 2017, 17:51:38 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2017, 18:02:39 »

Actually, I'm not sure fumes from a modern cars exhaust would kill you nowadays ?  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2017, 18:56:39 »

No, Albs, you are right - they would not. Sorry, Sir Tigger.

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 24 October 2017, 18:58:21 »

Ron.
You can test that theory in my modern car if you want, Ron.  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 October 2017, 19:21:41 »

Ron.

"dangleberries" ....  the human body cannot survive on carbon dioxide and/or carbon monoxide ... it requires oxygen .. the stuff that an engine consumes, along with fuel, to produce CO and CO2

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2017, 19:30:38 »

Ron.

"dangleberries" ....  the human body cannot survive on carbon dioxide and/or carbon monoxide ... it requires oxygen .. the stuff that an engine consumes, along with fuel, to produce CO and CO2
Aw shucks, Nige, Ron won’t test it out in my car now.  :(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 October 2017, 19:55:56 »

Ron.

Aw shucks, Nige, Ron won’t test it out in my car now.  :(

Sorry ... :(  but he's actually quite a nice guy ... miss-guided .. but OK ... and it's a tad of a long way for a funeral ....  ;) ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 October 2017, 20:25:44 »

Ron.

"dangleberries" .... the human body cannot survive on carbon dioxide and/or carbon monoxide ... it requires oxygen .. the stuff that an engine consumes, along with fuel, to produce CO and CO2

+1  ::)

Not to mention other toxins such as Nitrogen Oxide, Sulpher Dioxide, Hydrocarbons, Benzene, Acetaldehyde, 1,3-butadiene,  and the particulates which consist of soot and metals.  :-X

Think of the poor little children.  :'(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 October 2017, 23:18:38 »

Am I the only one to think that this pollution problem is a myth, or at least nowhere near as severe as the revenue collectors would have us believe? ???

Ron.

Come and stay with us Ron. We drive down from the mountains and in the distance we can see Granada city at the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas mountains. The city is always bathed in a smog of pollution. Very little wind to blow it away. It is highly visible. The EU have a list of cities to fine for failing to get pollution down. Granada is one of them. Funny thing is when you are in Granada you cannot "feel or see the pollution". It is still there.

Understood, but that could be harmless water vapour, especially as it cannot be "seen or felt". It doesn't have to be man-made, nor due to cars, although cars are easy to blame and tax!

Ron.

It is a weird colour. Yellow, green. Maybe even a bit of blue. It wont just be vehicls but they wont help. If i had the tech ability i would take a photo and post it. When you live in a mostly flat country like England you are rarely in a position to see pollution palls. Kevin might?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 25 October 2017, 08:27:49 »

Tis what you get for living in a third world hell hole, Varche  ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 October 2017, 22:32:34 »

Someone has to do it .

Nice to be back in the 1st world only took two hours to do 64 miles from airport to my dads. Mind you it was rush hour .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #26 on: 26 October 2017, 06:58:18 »

Ron.   

. Have always thought this , just seems an opportunity to get more cash off the motorists.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 October 2017, 09:40:25 »

Ron.

Which is good for the trees. That has to cheer up your average Juke or Qasqui owner, surely.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 October 2017, 09:46:59 »

Ron.

Which is good for the trees. That has to cheer up your average Juke or Qasqui owner, surely.

Yep, but unfortunately we're chopping them down at an unsustainable rate so we are rapidly losing (or have already lost) the planets natural ability to soak up carbon dioxide.  :( 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 October 2017, 10:00:37 »

Don't blame it on Morgan
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.