Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance due.  (Read 2622 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Car insurance due.
« Reply #15 on: 04 November 2017, 11:17:24 »

And don't forget to look at cashback sites, insurance companies invariably offer the best cashback. :y

But be warned,  after you've been on cashback, go to the insurance site and re-do it as cashback is more often added, so not as good a price.

Eg top cashback £350.

Hastings £302.   same cover same insurance.
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 November 2017, 14:43:55 »

Quite true, homework is required, but I usually manage to save a fair bit. Utilities are another example, I usually swap every year for a nice handout. :y
Also remember, if you have already checked out an insurance/utilities/W.H.Y. site, clear your cookie cache before using a cashback site for the same company. I have found that, if cookies are not cleared, the purchase may not be recognised as having gone through the cashback site. :y
« Last Edit: 04 November 2017, 14:47:06 by Shackeng »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 November 2017, 15:23:29 »

Quite true, homework is required, but I usually manage to save a fair bit. Utilities are another example, I usually swap every year for a nice handout. :y
Also remember, if you have already checked out an insurance/utilities/W.H.Y. site, clear your cookie cache before using a cashback site for the same company. I have found that, if cookies are not cleared, the purchase may not be recognised as having gone through the cashback site. :y
Yep, I always use two different Browsers for that sort of thing, Browser 1 for searching, getting prices of stuff I need, then Browser 2 via TCB or Quidco, never had a problem with tracking that way.   :y

Ebay is typical of that, just about to buy, then think, remember, ah, I use TCB, find it rarely tracks on the same browser / cookies.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 November 2017, 16:03:10 »

Got my renewal through for my Mini with Lancaster (Classic Insurance) their renewal was £285 with limited mileage of 5000 per year, did a comparison with the Meerkats and got it to £225 with RAC. Rang Lancaster and they gave me an even better quote of £150, same policy just a cheaper price.... I will admit I snatched their hand off... I was going to SORN it and take it off the road as I dont use it much over winter. I was enquiring about lay away insurance, but that would have been £130 for the year... was a no brainer really, so keeping it legal for the road if I need it...

The V70 insurance last year was almost £1000 (£987), this renewal came down to £450.... I have no idea as to why its cheaper suddenly. The only thing I can think of is my wife is due to turn 40 (she is on both policies) and that has affected the insurances...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 November 2017, 16:56:42 »

Ive just changed my ISP provider using TCB, £19.95/month (which I'm paying now) but I get £90 cashback  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 November 2017, 17:08:07 »

Yep, I always use two different Browsers for that sort of thing, Browser 1 for searching, getting prices of stuff I need, then Browser 2 via TCB or Quidco, never had a problem with tracking that way.   :y

Ebay is typical of that, just about to buy, then think, remember, ah, I use TCB, find it rarely tracks on the same browser / cookies.

Good thinking. :y :y :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 November 2017, 17:09:10 »

Ive just changed my ISP provider using TCB, £19.95/month (which I'm paying now) but I get £90 cashback  :y

Nice one Dave. :y :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.