Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cities of Culture  (Read 4612 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Cities of Culture
« Reply #15 on: 24 November 2017, 11:52:53 »

The EU has banned British cities from taking part in 2023's Cities of Culture competition, despite allowing other European cities that are not in the EU to take part in the past!  ::)

I didn't know we had any culture in any of our cities:-\  Maybe 'ull.... Didn't they win once?  :-X   :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but Hull and Liverpool ring a bell.

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 24 November 2017, 12:36:58 »

The EU has banned British cities from taking part in 2023's Cities of Culture competition, despite allowing other European cities that are not in the EU to take part in the past!  ::)

I didn't know we had any culture in any of our cities:-\  Maybe 'ull.... Didn't they win once?  :-X   :D

Hull was merely British capital of culture, Liverpool was world ok...European capital of culture. Quite right too.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 November 2017, 12:48:52 »

Hull was merely British capital of culture, Liverpool was world ok...European capital of culture. Quite right too.  :)

Hmmm....Liverpool. European capital of culture.

How is that possible? :D :D ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 November 2017, 13:05:20 »

Liverpool won it for their world-class mountain, Mt KillAManForAGiro. :o ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2017, 13:16:55 »

When was the last time you visited the waterfront, a world heritage site? Or the world famous libraries? Or the many top class museums? Or either of the two cathedrals, the Anglican one being the largest in the country? I could go on..............

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2017, 13:19:55 »

When was the last time you visited the waterfront, a world heritage site? Or the world famous libraries? Or the many top class museums? Or either of the two cathedrals, the Anglican one being the largest in the country? I could go on..............

I'm sure Liverpool has become Utopia over the last few decades, but you know better than I about giving a dog a bad name. :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 November 2017, 14:55:01 »

You have clearly never been to Roubaix... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 November 2017, 15:12:05 »

I had to chuckle a few weeks ago when at our International Committees 93rd annual gathering (guest speaker was Tom O'Connor).

One of the old boys there was doing a talk and he now volunteers in the Portsmouth historic dockyard.

Told a great tail how he was showing a group of visitors around HMS Victory and a French lady asked if 'the stacks of cannon balls were from the Battle of Trafalgar', his reply was 'no, your navy still has those ones'

They don't like it up em

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That is so good. :y :y

In actual fact the Royal Navy ships on the day, including Victory, had virtually used up all their ammunition by about 1630 on the afternoon of the 21st, just as the French ship Achille blew up, as so much had been fired into the combined fleet ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 November 2017, 17:12:20 »

I have really tried, but the same conclusion keeps popping up - I really couldn't give a shit about cities of (non)culture.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 November 2017, 17:25:07 »

And very well deserved to!!  I love Liverpool :-* :-* :-* 8) 8)

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 24 November 2017, 17:26:36 »

I have really tried, but the same conclusion keeps popping up - I really couldn't give a shit about cities of (non)culture.
I couldn’t give a shit about much at all, but I seem to have an opinion on everything. Remind you of anyone?  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 November 2017, 17:27:40 »

I can't think of a UK city anywhere that I don't despise with a passion.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 November 2017, 17:28:03 »

I couldn’t give a shit about much at all, but I seem to have an opinion on everything. Remind you of anyone?  ;D
I'm delighted to have finally found my long lost twin
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 November 2017, 18:46:57 »

Plenty of randy scousers around after a night out, Lizzie.

Keep your hand on your ha'penny would be my advice if you visit again. ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 November 2017, 19:33:40 »

Plenty of randy scousers around after a night out, Lizzie.

Keep your hand on your ha'penny would be my advice if you visit again. ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*

;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.