Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It leaks  (Read 5594 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: It leaks
« Reply #15 on: 19 December 2017, 12:52:10 »

How embarrassing! Incontinent Lizzie doesn't Zoom and needs to become a Tena lady. :P

All to do with a ring on an inserted throbbing shaft causing the problem apparently. ::)

Where OOF Lizzie's family have a strong navel history, I'm sure she will be along soon to give us all the intimate graphic details. :P

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 December 2017, 16:39:52 »

How embarrassing! Incontinent Lizzie doesn't Zoom and needs to become a Tena lady. :P

All to do with a ring on an inserted throbbing shaft causing the problem apparently. ::)

Where OOF Lizzie's family have a strong navel history, I'm sure she will be along soon to give us all the intimate graphic details. :P

:y :y :y :y :y ;D

As others have said, this is such a non story it is almost laughable.  My father used to talk about new Royal Navy ships going on sea trials and being "worked up" so that any faults could be seen and the crew could be trained to sail their new vessel. Faults were common, and when he joined HMS Fife, a then brand new "Devonshire" type guided missile destroyer in 1966 with systems that he had never seen before in the ships of "the old navy" as he called it (no port holes, and James Bond like control systems) there were faults.  But this is common of all ships ever built, and especially those of the "new navies" of the 21st century.  They are highly technical beasts, with mechanical, electrical and electronic parts that need to be tested, hence the extra special needs for sea trials. HMS Queen Elizabeth appears to have a simple propeller shaft gland issue that should be rectified quickly.

Faults at this time are expected, but it is crucial that when our warships are in battle they do not suffer those flaws. But even then, occasionally they will.  You just hope it is not a major design flaw, such as with the K Class submarines, and the battlecruisers of WW1 & 2.

What should be of more concern is the future use of HMS Queen Elizabeth, and the morale of it's crew and the Royal Navy generally.  Further Defence cuts will only exasperate the existing problems, just when we need our navy to be more powerful than ever. ;) 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 December 2017, 16:47:19 »

I wonder why the MOD even release this sort of information.  :-\

Unless it's disinformation.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 December 2017, 18:27:52 »

That'll teach em, to use a cheap pattern Chinese gasket.

Obviously the ships engineering dept aren't OO'fers, and don't know about using genuine parts ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 December 2017, 18:44:43 »

No it's what happens when you use a Jubilee clip to keep out non-GM water ;)

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 19 December 2017, 19:05:23 »

More likely a shifty sailor looking for a backhander.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 December 2017, 19:19:39 »

Don't know how many aircraft she's slated to carry but apparently they're talking circa £150m a pop for them now that's when/if we actually get any!

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 December 2017, 22:13:07 »

All ships leak, taking into account the size of the vessel the amount of water ingress is to forgive the pun is" a drop in the ocean". Stern gland leaks are a common problem that can happen a lot with ships the trick is is you have a bad one "don't stop!!!"  ;D
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 December 2017, 23:37:34 »

:y :y :y :y :y ;D

As others have said, this is such a non story it is almost laughable.  My father used to talk about new Royal Navy ships going on sea trials and being "worked up" so that any faults could be seen and the crew could be trained to sail their new vessel. Faults were common, and when he joined HMS Fife, a then brand new "Devonshire" type guided missile destroyer in 1966 with systems that he had never seen before in the ships of "the old navy" as he called it (no port holes, and James Bond like control systems) there were faults.  But this is common of all ships ever built, and especially those of the "new navies" of the 21st century.  They are highly technical beasts, with mechanical, electrical and electronic parts that need to be tested, hence the extra special needs for sea trials. HMS Queen Elizabeth appears to have a simple propeller shaft gland issue that should be rectified quickly.

Faults at this time are expected, but it is crucial that when our warships are in battle they do not suffer those flaws. But even then, occasionally they will.  You just hope it is not a major design flaw, such as with the K Class submarines, and the battlecruisers of WW1 & 2.

What should be of more concern is the future use of HMS Queen Elizabeth, and the morale of it's crew and the Royal Navy generally.  Further Defence cuts will only exasperate the existing problems, just when we need our navy to be more powerful than ever. ;)

Spot on. If anyone wants to read a true horror story google the k class subs. Steam powered on the surface. What could possibly go wrong. Quite possibly the worst class of ship ever especially when you consider how refined the German offering was at the time.

Dont worry about defence cuts, we will be able to go to our friends in Europe for help when Russia cuts up ( literally the undersea comms cables, and metaphorically) . For years they have consistently not met their agreed NATO spending. Our turn now.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 December 2017, 08:15:25 »

I cant think of any vessel that we don't have a team on fixing things before, during and after sea trials and then also on the sail away.......and I have worked on a few.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 December 2017, 08:52:25 »

I cant think of any vessel that we don't have a team on fixing things before, during and after sea trials and then also on the sail away.......and I have worked on a few.

From a source in the know "if the press knew how many submarines we have, that are serviceable, there would be uproar"  ::)
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 December 2017, 09:37:51 »

From a source in the know "if the press knew how many submarines we have, that are serviceable, there would be uproar"  ::)

Do we include HMS Alliance in Gosport?  ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 December 2017, 11:38:44 »

Do we include HMS Alliance in Gosport?  ;)

Be a good bet.might be more reliable.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 December 2017, 11:53:39 »

It seems to me as an uneducated bystander, that due to the relentless march of cuts to the defence budget by governments of all colours over the last 30 - 40 years or so, our armed forces are now little more than a national defence force.  ::)  No government will admit it and they'll send the odd frigate or destroyer off on a flag waving foray, but I think that is about what it amounts to.  :(  HMS QE is impressive no doubt about that, but is probably a white elephant that could be sunk by a relatively low tech missile.  :o

Compare and contrast all the cuts to our public services over the last few decades, with the open chequebook we've apparently offered the EU, as I believe that we probably did have commitments worth £100 billion with Brussels.  David Davies should probably be getting more credit for whittling the bill down to the reported £40 billion that we will end up paying.  ;)

Anyway back to leaks!  :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/20/britain-has-no-warships-deployed-overseas-unprecedented-move/
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 December 2017, 12:00:19 »

Its actually a well defended and advanced vessel and only the likes of the super powers and advanced forces could do much to it (who generally are our allies or somebody we would not pitch up against without many others in support).  :y

The harsh reality is that a lot of our naval fleet spend a growing portion of their time on humanitarian activities and the modern ships actually have features as a design requirement to support this (the QECs being one of them).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.