Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: My driveway....  (Read 10226 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: My driveway....
« Reply #90 on: 23 December 2017, 18:06:39 »

It goes quite well to be honest, but it wouldn't suit TB's sideways driving style!   :o ;D
I found they went reasonably well, up to illegal road speeds, but drinks like a drunk in doing so.

Didn't have the loaner long enough to see what it would manage when no being thrashed everywhere.

With the high centre of gravity I don't think whanging it into a roundabout or tight corner at warp speeds, as you do TB would end well.  :-\  ;)

It does however have 'presence' on the road due to it size and it does go well in a straight line.  :y  I ran out of duel carriageway the other day though when doing an overtake that wouldn't have bothered the Mundano or Beemer.  :o  ::)  ;D

Do I detect road rage already?

No I feel quite superior sat up there looking down on all you plebs!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #91 on: 23 December 2017, 18:19:20 »

It goes quite well to be honest, but it wouldn't suit TB's sideways driving style!   :o ;D
I found they went reasonably well, up to illegal road speeds, but drinks like a drunk in doing so.

Didn't have the loaner long enough to see what it would manage when no being thrashed everywhere.

With the high centre of gravity I don't think whanging it into a roundabout or tight corner at warp speeds, as you do TB would end well.  :-\  ;)

It does however have 'presence' on the road due to it size and it does go well in a straight line.  :y  I ran out of duel carriageway the other day though when doing an overtake that wouldn't have bothered the Mundano or Beemer.  :o  ::)  ;D

Oooooo......I can see right up your nose from down here.  :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 23 December 2017, 18:23:06 »

Oooooo......I can see right up your nose from down here.  :P

Yeh I can go round with my nose in the air now!  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 23 December 2017, 20:22:50 »

I'm a prol not a pleb. Or I could be a prol and a pleb.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 23 December 2017, 20:29:22 »

No you are definitely a Patrician M'lud, it's just that you act like a Plebeian.  :P  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 24 December 2017, 13:03:23 »

Sir Tig...... if you will insist on buying 'a van with windows' then the Range Rooney fitted with the 5.0 S/C V8 would probably be a better bet for moving something so heavy. Fuel consumption would probably be similar judging from the figures you are currently getting with derv.

It will still be slow, but not glacially slow.
Last time I borrowed a S/C RR, £100 of fuel got me from Oxford to home, to Huntingdon, to home, back to Oxford ::)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 24 December 2017, 13:05:24 »

Throw it into a corner and you'll probably be surprised, just remember it aint no sports car :y

Plus, as you have started to find, traffic will part for you if you're looking a bit lary ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 24 December 2017, 13:34:31 »

Sir Tig...... if you will insist on buying 'a van with windows' then the Range Rooney fitted with the 5.0 S/C V8 would probably be a better bet for moving something so heavy. Fuel consumption would probably be similar judging from the figures you are currently getting with derv.

Last time I borrowed a S/C RR, £100 of fuel got me from Oxford to home, to Huntingdon, to home, back to Oxford ::)

I'm not very bright.......or particularly good at geography.

What is that in MPG?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 24 December 2017, 13:44:42 »

No you are definitely a Patrician M'lud, it's just that you act like a Plebeian.  :P  ;D

More pauper than patrician, Sir Tig.

Nobody drives a 10 year old Signum unless they are impoverished.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 24 December 2017, 13:53:24 »

What is that in MPG?
10-12...
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 24 December 2017, 14:02:20 »

What is that in MPG?
10-12...

The S/c RR is about 600 KG more than my car (about one whole Westfield)

Even so 10 -12 MPG suggests you don't suffer with 'Tunnie foot'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.