Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: insurance quotes  (Read 2644 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
insurance quotes
« on: 10 January 2018, 22:13:32 »

have just got received next years schedule for the mig & its doubled. been on the phone arguing the toss & asking how with they justified the increase when I have never had a claim. I actually spoke to a guy that I found his accent made it hard for me to understand him. anyway the outcome the policy hasn't changed & I got it reduced to a 10% rise. its £200 less than what they initially quoted without even losing any benefits.  :y :y

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
Re: insurance quotes
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2018, 22:46:38 »

:y :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2018, 10:43:59 »

Well done :y

I have my battle to come next month. I had a "at fault" claim last year so I am holding my breath! :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2018, 10:51:48 »

I have my battle to come next month. I had a "at fault" claim last year so I am holding my breath! :P

Your age will help, Lizzie. :) :-* :-* :-* :-*

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2018, 11:58:02 »

It won’t, you know. Once you hit 65 the premiums start increasing.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2018, 16:09:59 »

In that case perhaps I should have said to Lizzie that 10 or 15 years ago her age would have helped. ::) :)

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2018, 16:18:10 »

In that case perhaps I should have said to Lizzie that 10 or 15 years ago her age would have helped. ::) :)
Lizzie is in the prime of her life, the same as wot I am.  :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2018, 16:32:51 »

If you knew how insurance underwriting works you would understand why not making a claim will only preserve your no claims bonus. One more or less claim unless for an exceptionally large amount will have little overall effect on how the scheme is burning in terms of claims against premium income. If you are lucky and the scheme is burning well then there will be little or no increases and maybe even slight decreases. If it is burning badly and this is common, then premiums will rise with the biggest increases in the areas of biggest losses.

I hope this helps people understand popular misconceptions where they think the renewal premium is only about them, it isn't, it is about the complete scheme, which is the premium to claims ratio of all people insured under the scheme and the claims rate for your particular insurance criterion.

It does pay to shop around as the claims ratios and claims areas do change per scheme every year and if you find one that is doing well then you can get cheaper insurance.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2018, 16:46:11 »

Lizzie is in the prime of her life, the same as wot I am:)

A sense of humour is a wonderful thing. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2018, 12:15:54 »

Lizzie is in the prime of her life, the same as wot I am.  :)

The insurance company must wisely realise that STEMO as my renewal quote via the AA is just £122 dearer than last years.  What a relief, and I will be renewing like now!! :D :D ;)

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 January 2018, 18:26:22 »

Just to make myself unpopular, I have just renewed my Omega with Tesco for £253 fully comp. I am 38 btw.

My Serra and my 1953 Ford Pop together come in at £212 on a classic policy with no mileage limits as well.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 January 2018, 18:42:57 »

I'be been using an old fashioned high street insurance broker for years. Every year the renewal quotes come in ( Two cars, house ). They recommend a certain company or sometimes even renewing with the same company. I look around, and end up following their recommendation. They do the work, and look after me as I'm a long term customer, and so far i've never found much more than a few pounds difference compared with what I could do myself.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 January 2018, 21:06:45 »

I used to renew arround this time of year, i started ringing for quotes on a monthly basis and found they get cheaper getting closer to summer.  So I changed my car and took advantage of the cheaper insurance . . . .most claims are made in the bad weather season, and at the time the insurance fluctuated according to the previous years claims for the time period. ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 January 2018, 21:09:58 »

Complacency is insurance companies best friend loyalty counts for nothing every time renewal time comes shop around and go for the best deal but before you sign up go back to your existing   company( to save the ball ache of changing) tell the the score and see if they can better the deal if they can't  BIN EM OFF! :y
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 January 2018, 22:12:00 »

I shop around every year and it pays off. I'm with Aviva this year. Cant remember the exact figure, but it was around £150 comp, with protected no claims.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.