Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cull List  (Read 3201 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
The Cull List
« on: 11 January 2018, 12:59:47 »

I suggest that the Welsh Ambulance Service could be used to add candidates

THE CULL LIST

:y

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cull List
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2018, 13:05:02 »

As could the East of England Ambulance service.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2018, 13:35:05 »

A friend of mine joined the London Ambulance Service as a trainee paramedic thinking that it would be an exciting job and that she would be 'making a difference'  :y

However, she has said that the vast vast majority of call outs were a waste of time and were people who could have made their own way to hospital or more appropriately the GP in most cases.  ::)  :-\

Apparently a genuine life and death emergency is a rarity.  :-\

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2018, 13:39:29 »

A friend of mine joined the London Ambulance Service as a trainee paramedic thinking that it would be an exciting job and that she would be 'making a difference'  :y

However, she has said that the vast vast majority of call outs were a waste of time and were people who could have made their own way to hospital or more appropriately the GP in most cases.  ::)  :-\

TV crews seem to find enough.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2018, 13:46:02 »

TV crews seem to find enough.

That's true, Casualty and Holby City are full of them!  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2018, 14:42:36 »

Prior to 1948, and the Attlee labour government, there was no NHS.

This worked well for the wealthy, the majority of which were able to pay for medical attention. It didn't work well for the poor who needed to be 'almost dead' before the cost of paying for the doctor was even a consideration.

Apparently my Grandmother had consumption (now known as TB) before the doctor was called. Which is reasonable enough.

As has already been mentioned, too many people call the doctor, visit A and E, or even call 999 for SFA these days.  :( :(

People Calling 999 because their cat is missing or they need a lift home and can't afford the taxi fare should be considered a liability to society  and go straight to the top of TB's cull list.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2018, 15:23:02 »

Do traffic wardens get priority?

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2018, 15:39:26 »

Ron.
If the general driving population weren't such oppsing morons, traffic wardens wouldn't be required ::)

Fix the problem, not the symptom  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2018, 15:41:50 »

Apparently a genuine life and death emergency is a rarity.  :

Nothing has changed then, I was in the LAS from 1979 till 1990 80 percent of the calls were utter rubbish.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2018, 15:51:39 »

Ron.
If the general driving population weren't such oppsing morons, traffic wardens wouldn't be required ::)

No DG, the problem is greedy councils/govenment seeing motorists as cash cows.
A year or so ago the wardens went on strike in, I think, St. Albans and much against the predictions of the scaremongers, there wasn't total chaos; in fact, everybody got on perfectly with no problems or bad behaviour, just people doing what the wanted to do - parking!

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2018, 18:35:56 »

Ron.

No DG, the problem is greedy councils/govenment seeing motorists as cash cows.
A year or so ago the wardens went on strike in, I think, St. Albans and much against the predictions of the scaremongers, there wasn't total chaos; in fact, everybody got on perfectly with no problems or bad behaviour, just people doing what the wanted to do - parking anywhere without a care in the world!

Ron.
More like ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2018, 18:52:03 »

I'm with DG on this.  :)

Anyone who gets caught parking on double yellows, resident permit areas, zebra crossing zig zags etc where you get a ticket from a bona fide Traffic Warden deserves dragging out of their car, shot in front of their family, slung back in the offending motor and cremating in it.  :y

These dodgy parking tickets from retail parks are a different matter however.  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2018, 19:48:52 »

Firstly, councillors etc. who introduce resident only parking on the queens highways, should be dragged out from behind their desks, shot in front of their families then slung back into their office and the office set alight.  :)
If you buy a house with no off street parking, don't fickin moan and whine when someone who has paid all their motoring related taxes, parks on the road at the front of your house.
Secondly, double yellow lines were a good idea originally. Preventing dickheads from parking in dangerous places etc.
However, in more recent times, councils or private companies acquire some waste land in every town, and charge a small fortune for the privilege of parking on it for  while.
Then they paint double yellow lines all over every piece of road where you might otherwise park, so you have no other option but to pay them.
Its legalised extortion, and those involved should be dragged out etc etc.........  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 January 2018, 20:14:16 »

Albs, when I first started on the motoring ladder (actually a motor cycle/sidecar combination) I lived in East ham, London and sometimes found another vehicle outside our house when I returned home.
One day, a copper was passing by and I asked him what I could do to stop otheres parking in "my" space. He said "nothing, because I have no more right to that space than any other road tax payer". So what has changed? The council now create Residents Only spaces and charge occupents a fee - nice little earner for them!  >:(

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 January 2018, 20:36:38 »

Yep, all councillors, or anyone who would like to be one should be on the cull list. :y
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.