Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cull List  (Read 3222 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: The Cull List
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2018, 20:38:02 »

Firstly, councillors etc. who introduce resident only parking on the queens highways, should be dragged out from behind their desks, shot in front of their families then slung back into their office and the office set alight.  :)
If you buy a house with no off street parking, don't fickin moan and whine when someone who has paid all their motoring related taxes, parks on the road at the front of your house.
Secondly, double yellow lines were a good idea originally. Preventing dickheads from parking in dangerous places etc.
However, in more recent times, councils or private companies acquire some waste land in every town, and charge a small fortune for the privilege of parking on it for  while.
Then they paint double yellow lines all over every piece of road where you might otherwise park, so you have no other option but to pay them.
Its legalised extortion, and those involved should be dragged out etc etc.........  :)

I sense you are becoming more tolerant and liberal in your old age, Mr Bitz. ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2018, 20:43:16 »

Its true. I'm as soft as a fluffy marshmallow.  :y
So soft and fluffy I'm considering a bid on a Peugeot 207cc on ebay. Yes, seriously.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2018, 20:53:04 »

Will it run on old chipshop oil, Albs?  ;D 8)

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2018, 21:33:15 »

Will it run on old chipshop oil, Albs?  ;D 8)

Ron.
More like waste hairdressing products.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2018, 22:19:03 »

Its true. I'm as soft as a fluffy marshmallow.  :y
So soft and fluffy I'm considering a bid on a Peugeot 207cc on ebay. Yes, seriously.  :)

Hairdresser. :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 January 2018, 22:25:35 »

If that were true, Albs would be considering a Volvo 480!  :-[

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 January 2018, 23:19:12 »

I always thought that double yellow lines were to stop parking in dangerous or bottleneck areas. Here in Bury st. Eds. they are all parked on by people with disabled badges. ::)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2018, 05:47:19 »

I always thought that double yellow lines were to stop parking in dangerous or bottleneck areas. Here in Bury st. Eds. they are all parked on by people with disabled badges. ::)

Where I live double yellow lines are almost totally ignored. One particular street is very narrow but has a number of take-aways that would instantly go out of business if parking restrictions were actually enforced. I would add that going through red traffic lights is also "normal"  :o

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 January 2018, 08:00:22 »

Where I live double yellow lines are almost totally ignored. One particular street is very narrow but has a number of take-aways that would instantly go out of business if parking restrictions were actually enforced. I would add that going through red traffic lights is also "normal" :o

That's why you should always stop for a green light, so all those jumping the red one don't hit you. ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2018, 08:05:14 »

Firstly, councillors etc. who introduce resident only parking on the queens highways, should be dragged out from behind their desks, shot in front of their families then slung back into their office and the office set alight.  :)
If you buy a house with no off street parking, don't fickin moan and whine when someone who has paid all their motoring related taxes, parks on the road at the front of your house.
Secondly, double yellow lines were a good idea originally. Preventing dickheads from parking in dangerous places etc.
However, in more recent times, councils or private companies acquire some waste land in every town, and charge a small fortune for the privilege of parking on it for  while.
Then they paint double yellow lines all over every piece of road where you might otherwise park, so you have no other option but to pay them.
Its legalised extortion, and those involved should be dragged out etc etc.........  :)

I sense you are becoming more tolerant and liberal in your old age, Mr Bitz. ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

That's that settled then? TB as president, Albs as Home Secretary & BigRon as Transport Minister. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 January 2018, 08:09:48 »

What a Dream Ticket; now I can put that duck house that I've always wanted on expenses!
Beer and sandwiches at No. 10, TB?  :y 8)

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 January 2018, 10:13:14 »

Where I live double yellow lines are almost totally ignored. One particular street is very narrow but has a number of take-aways that would instantly go out of business if parking restrictions were actually enforced. I would add that going through red traffic lights is also "normal"  :o

Yes the Welsh do seem to treat double yellows as an advisory....  ::)

One thing I often see which really gets my goat, is where you have a narrow street with terraced houses on both sides.  One side will have double yellows and the other unrestricted parking, but people will insist on parking outside their house on the double yellows (half on the pavement) even if there are plenty of spaces on the other side of the road.  It creates a pinch point and is just idleness!  >:(

Aaaaah!  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2018, 10:30:21 »

What kind of pauper buys a house without off street parking, anyway?  :P

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2018, 10:54:43 »

I suspect I'd be far less of a pauper if I had no space for "projects". ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 January 2018, 11:02:26 »

This is the crazy thing about 'planet London'

Some doctor/lawyer/banker pays £1.4 million for a crappy 3 bed terrace in a posh part of London only to leave his Aston/Bentley/Porsche parked in the gutter for any passing ne'er do well to drag a screwdriver across.

« Last Edit: 12 January 2018, 11:04:12 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.