Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another MOT success  (Read 2221 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Another MOT success
« on: 12 January 2018, 09:27:16 »

Yesterday my car passed it's MOT yet again :D :D

With TC only cost £27.43, with two advisories that I will be dealing with soon.

Had a discussion with the dealership General Manager who have have got to know after my claim issues last year.  He confirmed that they stopped doing the "Trade Sales" on parts some time ago as Vx changed the terms of the scheme.  He explained Vx wanted them to increase their parts stock holding from about £200K to £700K, have dedicated phone lines and operators, and have two vans on the road just for this operation; all totally non-viable!

He did confirm that they would continue to give me full trade discounts on all services via my ABS / TC, which encouraged me to book in my car to have one of the advisories done.  No more crawling under the car for me to replace my two front wishbone bushes that are "deteriorating".  My policy is always to have these jobs done well beyond it becoming critical / an MOT failure.

With my Road Tax and MOT now under my belt, just the dreaded insurance renewal next month!! ::) ::)

The Omega lives on! :y :y :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
Re: Another MOT success
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2018, 09:59:01 »

...........also the dealerships General Manager confirmed when asked what I think we all fear; the demise of GM is going to be detrimental to customer service throughout all the dealerships under the new ownership of Vx.

As I have experienced in business, the people in Head Office are looking to cut, cut and cut again their costs, which is fine if only taking out the dead wood and the unprofitable. But, no, their action will result in the delicate balance between customer service and making a profit, upset, with a determination to enact cuts of the former in the pursuit of maximum profit. Being a viable business is essential, but once you cut the most important mechanisms that provide excellent customer service it damages sales, customer confidence, and then only reduces the final bottom line profit.

Crazy, but all too many businesses, especially in my old sector, retail, have been doing it since the 1990's and are now paying the price. So are the customers!! :( :(
« Last Edit: 12 January 2018, 10:00:58 by Lizzie Zoom »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2018, 10:11:58 »

Good news that your car is through its MOT. I suspect wishbone bush replacement will mean a visit to WIM or such like for full geometry.

I have been watching the business news about VX. I will bet good money now that the new owners will not be building a new car at Ellesmere plant. The excuse given at moment for prevaricating is the usual bullshit Brexit uncertainties. When they took over the company they knew exactly what they intended to do then.

Might be worth stockpiling genuine crank sensors and genuine cam cover gaskets now. ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2018, 10:19:10 »

After Serek replaced my wishbones, I took the car to Tyre-Smart, in Witham, for 4-wheel alignment and camber: it transformed the car!
Albs also had his Omega done there and was similarly impressed; they take great pains to get thing just right, and now it drives as if on rails.
Mine cost £64 with OOF (i.e. Trade Price) discount, so I'm well pleased.
Too far for you to travel, Lizzie?

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2018, 10:52:41 »

With a new MOT don't accept a penny less than £10000 for this future classic. :-* :-* :-*

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2018, 11:28:35 »

I don't think the frogs will just make cuts at Vauxhall. I think they will close it completely within a few years.  :'(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2018, 11:49:21 »

Personally I would never fit standard bushes in the front, all mine have been pollybushed.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2018, 12:33:20 »

Yep, its a no brainer. Easier to fit, don't wear out, give better handling, and probably cheaper to buy ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2018, 13:01:37 »

I don't think the frogs will just make cuts at Vauxhall. I think they will close it completely within a few years.  :'(

I agree. What was the business model then of buying it?  Machine tools? Land bank? Van designs?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2018, 13:09:26 »

I thought there was a new astra in the pipeline? To be built at Ellesmere Port.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2018, 13:10:29 »

I agree. What was the business model then of buying it?  Machine tools? Land bank? Van designs?

Use the brand for a stand alone range of electric vehicles?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2018, 13:38:54 »

Get rid of the competition was the likely business model.
Big Peugeot boss told VX this week that they need much higher productivity to have a rosy future. Quite possibly starting to prepare people for planned decline.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2018, 14:16:07 »

After Serek replaced my wishbones, I took the car to Tyre-Smart, in Witham, for 4-wheel alignment and camber: it transformed the car!
Albs also had his Omega done there and was similarly impressed; they take great pains to get thing just right, and now it drives as if on rails.
Mine cost £64 with OOF (i.e. Trade Price) discount, so I'm well pleased.
Too far for you to travel, Lizzie?

Ron.

Thanks Ron. :y :y

I have to look into that.  First I must find out if there are any WIM's around these parts.  Never bothered to find out before! :-[ :-[

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 January 2018, 14:17:09 »

With a new MOT don't accept a penny less than £10000 for this future classic. :-* :-* :-*

Absolutely Opti!

My price is now £15K !! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 January 2018, 14:20:12 »

Get rid of the competition was the likely business model.
Big Peugeot boss told VX this week that they need much higher productivity to have a rosy future. Quite possibly starting to prepare people for planned decline.

From what the General Manager was saying, that seemed more than possible.  They have started cutting at HQ and he is awaiting big changes (cuts) to come out for his business, which will "effect the great team [he has] at the dealership". :'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.