Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Allo Allo . . .  (Read 2237 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Allo Allo . . .
« on: 13 January 2018, 18:38:23 »

I would like to zeee zur docteur pleez . . . . . . I 'hav une problem

ALLO ALLO

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Allo Allo . . .
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2018, 19:00:40 »

Didn,t the NHS send patients abroad for hip/knee and other routine ops a few years ago? :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2018, 20:03:01 »

If you live in Kent and need to go to A&E, you might get seen quicker if you jump on the ferry!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2018, 20:18:17 »

Calais is, once again, in British hands with this hospital and British border control :y :y

I believe the mayor of Calais has even suggested Calais should become part of England! ;D ;D

Why not, the English have had control over Calais in the past.

What will happen after Brexit God only knows! ::) ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2018, 20:22:26 »

Calais is, once again, in British hands with this hospital and British border control :y :y

I believe the mayor of Calais has even suggested Calais should become part of England! ;D ;D

How much do P&O charge for a Challenger Tank?  ::)  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2018, 20:43:32 »

Simple. After Brexit the NHS will subcontract your health to the superior Macron ‘elf. Not so good for those further north but they will be able to use the now relieved NhS in the south of England.

It will also be a way of using ferry/ tunnel capacity created by loss of trade like German cars and Spanish 🌶 🍅 🌽
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2018, 21:46:23 »

How much do P&O charge for a Challenger Tank?  ::)  ;D

The fully working one or a part one that has been cannibalized for spares to keep the working one going? ::) ::) ::)

If it's the working one, it needs 120mm ammunition so there will be a short 6 months delay while MOD Ordinance get BAE to make some. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2018, 23:13:44 »

You noticed that I said a Challenger Tank then?  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2018, 23:50:58 »

Queen Mary I - "When I am dead and opened, you will find Calais written on my heart’.

I have to say, although it does not quite fall into Trumps "S***hole" category, it is not the most glamorous place in the World, but it has been flattened several times over numerous wars.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2018, 00:37:07 »

More recently 'New Calais' was flattened as well!  ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2018, 19:18:58 »

Queen Mary I - "When I am dead and opened, you will find Calais written on my heart’.

I have to say, although it does not quite fall into Trumps "S***hole" category, it is not the most glamorous place in the World, but it has been flattened several times over numerous wars.

Very true! :y :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2018, 19:47:21 »

My last time there a couple of months ago, there were a lot of would be migrants hanging around looking for the chance to sneak onto a truck again. I think " Jungle II" could be possible

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2018, 19:48:27 »

My last time there a couple of months ago, there were a lot of would be migrants hanging around looking for the chance to sneak onto a truck again. I think " Jungle II" could be possible
I thought it had moved along the coast a bit, near Dunkirk.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2018, 22:20:57 »

I thought it had moved along the coast a bit, near Dunkirk.

Anywhere with crossings to the UK

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 January 2018, 22:06:11 »

At the end of the day it is purely a French and EU problem for what are for the vast majority economic migrants. UN refugee international law is that when fleeing a dangerous country you register in the first safe country you come to and claim asylum. This means that the majority should be in hostels or camps in Greece, Italy or Spain in limbo for a year or two while their application is processed. If their application is successful they will then become a Greek, Italian or Spanish citizen and are free to settle in any EU country. If your application is unsuccessful then you will then be in limbo while appealing and awaiting deportation back to your country of origin. In reality you are unlikely to be deported, so will be in a state of limbo.

Now if you are an economic migrant you have a very different motivation. Once you land in an EU country, you start your migration to where you want to go as quickly as possible, taking advantage of the EU open borders and disappear into the black economy or apply for asylum there hoping you can legitimize your work documentation and make more money. Your country of choice is normally based on four things: You can speak a smattering or more of the local language, other friends or family legitimately or as economic migrants are all ready in the country, the country is rich so there are more rich pickings to be had or wages and job prospects are good. The UK scores well on each of these. This is why they shun France and congregate at the Channel ports, trying to break into any vehicle they can use to get them to the UK or if you have enough money left paying for one of the 'unofficial small nightly ferries' that will take you to the UK. Once here you can enter the black economy or claim asylum with no documentation claiming you washed up on a beach and this is your first safe country. In either event it is very unlikely you will ever have to leave.

Nobody knows how many illegal immigrants there are here? Government estimates are at least 2 million. Some combined supermarket food sales figures suggest maybe as high as 15 million. I suspect it is somewhere between the two.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.