Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Exhaust removal back section what usually gives grief?

(1/6) > >>

grifter:
Going to be changing rear centre sections and back box, just wondering what surprises i'm likely to experience when removing. Obviously not caring about join between back box and centre sections just when it gets to join to front of exhaust. Is the next part of exhaust the cats and studs likey to break?

Cheers

Andrew

BazaJT:
When I did mine recently one of the centre pipes had rotted through just before the back box so when that was out of the way I hacksawed through the other one.The cat bolts needed lots of heat but even then one still sheared off and needed drilling out I  replaced them all with nuts/bolts.

Nick W:
The issue is whether the centre section to cat bolts undo. If you have to drill them out, that can take some time. If they've been replaced before then you can just cut them off.
Then it's a quick slice through the rubbers and gravity drops everything to the floor.
5 minutes maximum if it goes well.

grifter:
Cool thanks for advice, will check cat to centre section bolts for rot and give some penetrating fluid. Got a loan of a ramp to do job so want to make sure i dont end up with a problem while doing it.

ajsphead:
Getting the exhaust apart is one thing. the rust on the floor pan above the back box that you'll discover may be something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version