Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Responsibility of councils to fix potholes

(1/5) > >>

grifter:
Our Local Council just doesn't seem to be repairing potholes and if they do it's about the worst possible repair you could imagine, and it's only the very worst ones they "fix". Been reporting them dor ages now and they seem to be getting worse. Seems they also have a penchant for retarring bits of roads that don't really need it.

I kniw there is some measurement that classifies a pothole, which i had heard was increased, so they could get away with deeper holes without repairing them, but there doesn't seem to be any standards they have to adhere to for road surface repair. I noticed now councils are using this really cheap way of resurfacing that involves sort of roughing up the old surface and laying this really thin layer on top, rather than removing old surface, relaying foundation and rollering a proper layer on top. Seems to lift off and break up after weeks. They done it on my folks road, there is tons of little stones and one of the workers actually admitted they let cars flatten it out rather than rolling it flat.

What if any are the standards councils must go by when maintaining roads?

alfie:
Broke front n/s spring last week, council deny's it was caused by THEIR pothole!

STEMO:
They must adhere to the standards set down by central government, as the NHS must adhere to waiting times and schools must adhere to class sizes, etc.
It ain’t gonna happen when there’s no money and there’s very little anyone can do about it.

Sir Tigger KC:
30% base rate of income tax anyone?  ::)

Low taxes and shit services or high taxes and well funded services. That's the choice!  ;)

grifter:
Would say i'm paying well enough tax as it is 😄 other countries seem to provide proper public services with similar tax rates. Nearly 1/3 of my wages are gone on direct tax, that's before all taxes on food, fuel, insurance and the list goes on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version