Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 3777 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Six Nations
« on: 03 February 2018, 17:12:50 »

Has kicked off today,first match was Wales v Scotland with the second[on now]being France v Ireland.England play tomorrow.In the interests of equality ::) I'll also point out the ladies six nations has also begun today.Motorcycle racing season also begins soon so finally there's some decent sport to watch :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Six Nations
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2018, 17:16:17 »

Has kicked off today,first match was Wales v Scotland with the second[on now]being France v Ireland.England play tomorrow.In the interests of equality ::) I'll also point out the ladies six nations has also begun today.Motorcycle racing season also begins soon so finally there's some decent sport to watch :y
Ladies rugby , some feisty girls there  :y 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2018, 17:43:50 »

Feminists will soon put a stop to this.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2018, 18:28:03 »

Yep, I doubt there will any glamour at any of the motor bike races this year!  :(

We're heading for a grey, dull, miserable era I think....  :-\

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2018, 18:52:53 »

They won't Opti as, like in women's football now, the ladies are doing what they have wanted to do for a long time and are now being treated seriously by a lot more men :-* :-* 8) 8) :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2018, 19:00:14 »

Nice twist at the end of the Irish game in Paris...nothing too surprising but a very very cool customer to execute that at the death  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2018, 19:32:08 »

They won't Opti as, like in women's football now, the ladies are doing what they have wanted to do for a long time and are now being treated seriously by a lot more men :-* :-* 8) 8) :y

Lizzie, as a historian I'm sure you are aware that women's football was huge in the twenties and thirties. :-* :-* :-*

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2018, 19:51:20 »

The England ladies team train in Sandhurst and I discovered this by accident one day whilst in the grounds.  Womens rugby has really come on leaps and bounds over the past 5 years and I like watching it now whereas before I would watch it because Emily Scarratt was playing out of loyalty.

I bumped in to the England ladies football team last year when they were staying at the same hotel as I was.  Some of them were very easy on the eye but most of them had very nice posteriors indeed.  Unfortunately that would be the only reason to watch football for me, cant stand the game these days.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2018, 20:29:59 »

Lizzie, as a historian I'm sure you are aware that women's football was huge in the twenties and thirties. :-* :-* :-*

No, it's great days had been in the 1890's Opti with massive crowds watching woman's league and cup games. In 1921 the English FA actually banned women's football from all their grounds and it's resurgence didn't take place until the 1960's.  It is only now being taken seriously alongside  men's football. ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 February 2018, 20:38:25 »

Football is a game for girls anyway so doesn't really count as a step forward.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 February 2018, 20:38:44 »

No, it's great days had been in the 1890's Opti with massive crowds watching woman's league and cup games. In 1921 the English FA actually banned women's football from all their grounds and it's resurgence didn't take place until the 1960's.  It is only now being taken seriously alongside  men's football. ;)
[/quote

Yes....my dates are slightly out.

From the late Victorian period to 1921, as you say.  Most people are unaware that 'girly football' was so popular. :y :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 February 2018, 20:41:10 »

They won't Opti as, like in women's football now, the largest adies are doing what they have wanted to do for a long time and are now being treated seriously by a lot more men :-* :-* 8) 8) :y

[/quote

From the late Victorian period to 1921, as you say.  Most people are unaware that 'girly football' was so popular. :y :-* :-* :-*

Yes, indeed it is recorded that some games had crowds of up to 53,000 :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 February 2018, 20:48:56 »

Yep, I doubt there will any glamour at any of the motor bike races this year!  :(

We're English, living in England. Isn't that what it's supposed to be like?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 February 2018, 21:04:19 »

We're English, living in England. Isn't that what it's supposed to be like?

No.

If England was supposed to be grey, dull and miserable then Morris Dancers wouldn't exist!  8)

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 03 February 2018, 21:15:00 »

They won't Opti as, like in women's football now, the largest adies are doing what they have wanted to do for a long time and are now being treated seriously by a lot more men :-* :-* 8) 8) :y

All men...in raincoats.  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 February 2018, 21:21:46 »

All men...in raincoats. ;D

..........and flat caps.......with whippets ;D ;D ;)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 February 2018, 22:43:33 »

Nice twist at the end of the Irish game in Paris...nothing too surprising but a very very cool customer to execute that at the death  :y

Not to mention the French "head injury.."

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 February 2018, 23:03:58 »

Bah, the ref was only waiting for one more point... The cheese eating surrender monkeys should have taken that match...
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2018, 07:52:55 »

Yes the "head injury"seemed to be a bit of a dodgy diagnosis :-X

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 February 2018, 08:39:10 »

Wasn't that the era when 'players' were considered a lower social class than most, including prostitutes?  Hardly a great era for players and I suspect even worse if you were a woman?

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2018, 09:05:05 »

Nigel Owens questioned the HIA several times as he could clearly see Le Blu were pulling his leg...opps remembered he likes that though  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2018, 12:59:22 »

Wasn't that the era when 'players' were considered a lower social class than most, including prostitutes?  Hardly a great era for players and I suspect even worse if you were a woman?

No, not that I have read.  I think you are thinking of actresses who were considered of loose morals.  Certainly during WW1 women played football as teams from the factories, were they worked on war production as a replacement to the men fighting at the front.  They achieved some celebratrity, but that slowly disappeared when the men returned from the war and took over from the women.  Women were then shunted back to their stereotypical roles, and in 1921 the FA banned women's football from their grounds as it was ‘quite unsuitable for females’ !!! :o :o ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 February 2018, 17:06:41 »

Back on topic, Italians spanked.  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 February 2018, 17:17:22 »

Sorry Lizzie, but to me womens football will always be vastly inferior to the mens game :o. It,s not a sexist view at all, just pure physicality.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 February 2018, 19:20:48 »

Sorry Lizzie, but to me womens football will always be vastly inferior to the mens game :o. It,s not a sexist view at all, just pure physicality.

.......but if the women were to play topless as God intended? :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #25 on: 04 February 2018, 19:29:23 »

.......but if the women were to play topless as God intended? :)

Bare breasts ! God forbid someone could be offended by all that bouncing 😀

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 February 2018, 20:20:24 »

Anyway back to the rugby,England host Wales at Twickenham this coming weekend and if the Welsh play anything like they did against the Scots then England are going to have a hard fight on their hands!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 February 2018, 20:26:20 »

The winner of the England/Wales match will win the tournament I think.  ???

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.