Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs LD  (Read 4007 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Mrs LD
« on: 26 March 2018, 14:10:40 »

Mrs LD (or Cakey) has had a busy week. Last Monday she went into hospital for a 6-7 hour operation to (hopefully) stop her from all the pain and discomfort of the last few years.

In the end she was in surgery over 10 hours but he did succeed in performing it all laparoscopically (keyhole) and she came home on Friday!

Recovery is slow and steady and she is gradually getting better and getting used to things now.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

2boxerdogs

Re: Mrs LD
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2018, 14:12:52 »

10 hours ! Must have been quite serious hope all is well with her & a speedy recovery best wishes .

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2018, 14:33:34 »

Please pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2018, 14:34:29 »

Wish her a full recovery. Usual things apply... Don't over do it and rest lots (ie as much as possible with two little s)  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2018, 14:39:56 »

Been watching the progress on FB and I must admire her courage going through this.  Having a similar illness I run a very real risk one day of having to through the same thing and the prospect terrifies the flick out of me.  I have already passed on my thoughts personally but I am relieved that Mrs Cakey is doing well and I am looking forward to caching up soon!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2018, 14:51:52 »

Chris has been keeping me updated via FB ... sounds pretty horrendous but the important bit is she is making good progress and will soon, hopefully, be a) pain free and b) fully recovered...

You just pamper her .... lots ..   :y :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2018, 15:12:19 »

We wish her a full & speedy recovery  :y :y

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2018, 15:21:55 »

Poor old Mrs LD  :(  I hope she is feeling better soon and that the operation has been successful in stopping her pain.  :-* :-* :-*

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2018, 15:43:31 »

Wishing her a speedy recovery

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 March 2018, 16:03:36 »

Best wishes from me LD

Keith ABS

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2018, 16:22:51 »

Ten hours. that is some operation.

All the best from the far flung reaches of Spain :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2018, 18:38:17 »

What do you mean "pamper her lots"surely he gave her the ten hours off housework to have the op?That's enough pampering isn't it :D
Seriously though I hope as do the others that she recovers quickly and is free from the pain she's had.Wish her all the best :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2018, 19:20:49 »

Well, if she's at home, bored, with nothing to do, she can always consider Brownies by post. You know my address :P

Swift recovery Cakey :y
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2018, 20:31:00 »

Hope recovery is speedy, and it makes life a lot easier in the future.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2018, 00:20:20 »

Those who have followed one or both of us on Facebook will know how much of a massive operation this was. She was diagnosed with Bowel Disease about a year ago (despite a previous consultant ruling it out through negligence, but that’s another story!) and has gotten progressively worse.

Whilst the pain from the operation (which should have taken about 7 hours) she has had is pretty intense, once the trauma of the surgery calms and she recovers it is expected she will be pain free!

I will, of course, pass on everyone’s messages. Thanks.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2018, 11:59:55 »

Its one thing to live with a ailment but to be in pretty much content pain / discomfort is another  :(
Add on top of that bringing up 2 young children at the same time, the worry must have been driving you all crazy  :(

Fingers crossed things are now sorted   :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 March 2018, 15:11:28 »

Hope Mrs LD gets well soon!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 March 2018, 18:35:30 »

Best wishes to Emma from all of us in Bolton mate.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #18 on: 27 March 2018, 19:32:51 »

Sorry to read this. Hope she gets well soon.

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2018, 01:36:03 »

She’s recovering well but had to call the District Nurse out yesterday (31st) because one of her wounds may be infected. Nurse wasn’t sure either and suggested calling 111 to get a doctor out to check and probably prescribe antibiotics just in case. She called 111 at 13:50 and here we are almost 12 hours later still waiting! :o

The worst thing is that somebody, somewhere lied and marked her case as attended by an ambulance so cancelled it. This only came to light after 6 and a half hours! She then had to join the back of the queue  >:( >:(

Still, yet another serious error in care provision to add to the case... If her first consultant had examined her properly 2 years ago she may not have needed the surgery! >:(

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2018, 08:06:54 »

Delays like this are unforgiveable and just shouldn't happen,sadly of course they do.Hopefully she will receive the proper treatment for this infection and her recovery will not be set back.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2018, 11:02:50 »

Just keep hassling them if things ain,t right. My youngest had to do the same for his partner, which was finally diagnosed as a heart attack, which is a higher than average risk with her other health issues. Was rushed into the Freeman in Newcastle asap.
So, just keep on top of them. Hope she gets well soon. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 April 2018, 11:04:31 »

Sadly, you have to accept that the NHS are growing even more incompetent by the week.  This is a separate issue to cutting costs, but a general apathy that has been taking over the service for the past 20yrs or so.

And its for this reason, it can't be fixed, and is getting ever more expensive to run.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2018, 13:05:03 »

I wish I could disagree with that, but I cant. Had similar experiences to the LD family, for very serious (sometimes life threatening) issues, on several occasions, and can sympathise fully with just how frustrated and angry it makes you feel, to see your other half treated like this for absolutely no justifiable reason.
Hopefully the worst is over for you both now, and things will quickly improve now.  :y

P.S. Don't be surprised when someone lies. It seems to be almost standard practice these days I'm afraid. But when you challenge the lies, they close ranks and cover each others arses like you wouldn't believe. Its like the masons.
Me bitter ? Absolutely.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2018, 13:16:40 »

Slightly off topic ... but for everyone's sake let us be a little accurate ... folk talk about the "NHS", the "Government" , the "Council" as if they are living breathing entities .. they are not .. they are LABELS and nothing more .. the "NHS" can do nothing (like "Government" and "Councils") as they do not think or breathe or make decisions .... that is down to PEOPLE, it is PEOPLE who make decisions (or not). who lie (or not), who "pass the buck" etc etc.

The "NHS" did not cause Cakey to have to wait over 12 hours .. some prat employed by the NHS who lied did that .. then another prat who can't be arsed to fix the problem put her to the back of the queue ... those are decisions made by PEOPLE, and it is those who should be blamed .. not the "label"

>:( >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2018, 13:25:25 »

P.S. Don't be surprised when someone lies. It seems to be almost standard practice these days I'm afraid. But when you challenge the lies, they close ranks and cover each others arses like you wouldn't believe. Its like the masons.
Me bitter ? Absolutely.

You should have seen them (A&E) close ranks when my then 35 yr old sister in law died in their 'care'

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2018, 16:06:27 »

Entwood. I'm sorry but your wrong, its culture, infestation of a mindset.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2018, 16:18:55 »

Entwood. I'm sorry but your wrong, its culture, infestation of a mindset.

That's just an excuse by those too lazy/incompetent to try to change things.

The NHS cannot have a "mindset" ... it has no mind .. the PEOPLE in the NHS have a "mindset", and the leadership of the organisation control that "mindset" .. therefore blame the leadership .. and NOT the "NHS".

Point in context .. somewhat out-of-date ... but interesting reading if you believe that the "managers" are who set the "mindset" ...

While the total number of NHS staff increased by around 35 per cent between 1999 and 2009, the number of managers increased by 82 per cent over the same period, from 23,378 to 42,509

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/general-election-2010/how-many-managers

Too many chiefs and not enough indians ?  ?  ?? or paperwork / targets matter more than patients ? ? ??
« Last Edit: 01 April 2018, 16:23:32 by Entwood »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2018, 17:03:14 »

Slightly off topic ... but for everyone's sake let us be a little accurate ... folk talk about the "NHS", the "Government" , the "Council" as if they are living breathing entities .. they are not .. they are LABELS and nothing more .. the "NHS" can do nothing (like "Government" and "Councils") as they do not think or breathe or make decisions .... that is down to PEOPLE, it is PEOPLE who make decisions (or not). who lie (or not), who "pass the buck" etc etc.

The "NHS" did not cause Cakey to have to wait over 12 hours .. some prat employed by the NHS who lied did that .. then another prat who can't be arsed to fix the problem put her to the back of the queue ... those are decisions made by PEOPLE, and it is those who should be blamed .. not the "label"

>:( >:(
Trouble is, its so endemic, it cannot be changed (without a mass sacking of those infected with that attitude, and replaced...  ...but the unions have too much power in those areas to allow that to happen).
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 April 2018, 20:36:57 »

Again, I agree, but to clarify - there are of course lots of good people in the NHS, but there also those who see it as their own personal gravy train through life, and see their patients as an annoying distraction, who are best ignored.
When someone is crying out loudly through agony which they describe as worse than childbirth, and the response from nursing staff is to tell them if they don't shut up and take a sedative, they will call security, something is very badly wrong indeed.  >:( :'( >:(
Entwood has a point, in that ultimately management are responsible, and they are the ones who have allowed, encouraged even, this mindset which is rotting the whole thing away from the inside out.

Anyway, we are hijacking a thread about someone going through a really bad time, by the sound of it, so maybe its best to let it lie.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 April 2018, 21:56:25 »

Doctor finally arrived at 06:50, 17 hours after calling 111 under instructions of the District Nurse!!

Anyway, she was very apologetic and commented that it should have been marked as urgent, which I was told it had been... More lies  >:(

There are early signs of a possible infection so antibiotics just in case - incidentally, you don’t pay for medication issued by the out of hours doctor in this bit of the country. This may well contribute to how busy they are :-X ::)

As for the NHS discussion... I always sing the praises of the NHS in this area - The treatment in A&E and Maternity has been superb. The treatment since she was diagnosed properly has been phenomenal. But, as Entwood points out, the problem is the attitude of people. Too many managers - I fear (to sound a bit like TB  ::)) the only solution is to scrap it and start again!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.