Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Opel Omega 2003 Bad MPG , Any Ideas?!  (Read 4470 times)

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
Opel Omega 2003 Bad MPG , Any Ideas?!
« on: 06 April 2018, 13:13:02 »

Hello Guys!

i am an owner of a Opel Omega 2.2 Petrol model 2003, it has gone around 115 Thousand KM, the car is in great shape in order of mechanics and interior and exterior, i did some MAF sensor cleaning, i replaced the Fuel filter, changed air filter , cleaned the throttle body , did mainly all maintenance and cleaning , but i have this issue with my Mileage , i get a really bad MPG , its around  14.5 - 16 MPG, i drive in a city , with much traffic our city are kinda hills and ups and downs i know that will affect the mpg , but iam not sure if it should be this low , any ideas about this

Thank you!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Opel Omega 2003 Bad MPG , Any Ideas?!
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2018, 13:23:51 »

Has the poor MPG started after you cleaned the MAF?

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2018, 13:26:04 »

If you drive mostly in the city of Amman, your mpg will be very low. It would be akin to driving in central London, with slow moving start-stop traffic all day. I think 16mpg is about right.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2018, 13:28:56 »

Yes, normally best to just leave well alone.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2018, 13:30:43 »

Well actually it was not after i cleaned the MAF it was all the time , i did that MAF cleaning just because i wanted to get more MPG or thought it could be a dirty MAF sensor which is causing this

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2018, 13:32:08 »

If you drive mostly in the city of Amman, your mpg will be very low. It would be akin to driving in central London, with slow moving start-stop traffic all day. I think 16mpg is about right.

i thought about that too! , but seems really too low for me or at least about what others say they get , thank you alot for your response though :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2018, 13:39:47 »

May I suggest that you go to a Shell garage with a nearly empty tank, fill up with V-Power and go for a nice long run on fast roads - then see what MPG you get?
Do NOT drive slowly, like an old woman!  ;D

Ron.

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2018, 13:46:18 »

May I suggest that you go to a Shell garage with a nearly empty tank, fill up with V-Power and go for a nice long run on fast roads - then see what MPG you get?

Ron.

Lol  ;D! Yeah why not , i actually tried some time before to drive , didnt really calculate but i saw a big difference from what i see on mileage per gallon on the highway , i will try that , but we dont have shell gas stations here , but i can check that kind of fuel from another gas station , and try that out , do you have any idea on how long i should drive to get an accurate mpg?

thank you

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2018, 13:46:44 »

I'm guessing you've never driven in the middle east.. they define "drive it like you stole it" - in my experience it's the only way anyone out there drives! ;D

STEMO

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2018, 13:48:34 »

I'm guessing you've never driven in the middle east.. they define "drive it like you stole it" - in my experience it's the only way anyone out there drives! ;D

LOL! , True that Ron needs to pay us a visit and see for him self  ;D

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 April 2018, 13:58:04 »

https://isastudentblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/15/7-interesting-facts-about-driving-in-amman/

16mpg seems about right to me  ;D

lol thanks for that great Read!  ;D , it really explains alot about driving in the traffic here in Amman, with that being said, i can feel less miserable now and not think i have some kind of issue with the car itself   :), i just adore this car to let it away even if i pay more on fuel , the comfort in it also the pricing for it in Amman make it really great to have

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 April 2018, 14:35:11 »

Ron.

Lol  ;D! Yeah why not , i actually tried some time before to drive , didnt really calculate but i saw a big difference from what i see on mileage per gallon on the highway , i will try that , but we dont have shell gas stations here , but i can check that kind of fuel from another gas station , and try that out , do you have any idea on how long i should drive to get an accurate mpg?

thank you

If not Shell, then any premium grade high octane fuel will do it.
Regarding the MPG run: drive until the engine has fully warmed up (thermostat opened fully for a while) and make your test run at least an hour's duration, resetting the displayed MPG counter to zero when you start the run. Obviously it would be ideal to do your run when you have somewhere in particular to go!

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 April 2018, 15:45:27 »

Otherwise known as an Italian Tune Up!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

abokayed

• Amman
    • Omega Elegance 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2018, 16:48:00 »

Ron.

thank you

If not Shell, then any premium grade high octane fuel will do it.
Regarding the MPG run: drive until the engine has fully warmed up (thermostat opened fully for a while) and make your test run at least an hour's duration, resetting the displayed MPG counter to zero when you start the run. Obviously it would be ideal to do your run when you have somewhere in particular to go!

Ron.

i will try that for sure , thank you for the suggestion!

Otherwise known as an Italian Tune Up!  :y

i didnt get what does that mean  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.