Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: xenon lights  (Read 7409 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: xenon lights
« Reply #30 on: 11 April 2018, 18:32:41 »

Not to worry, it'll be about ten o'clock before it goes dark soon, and no one goes out after ten o'clock.
We have staff members who don't have lights. I assume that's why in winter they get in late, and piss off early.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 April 2018, 18:37:25 »

Not to worry, it'll be about ten o'clock before it goes dark soon, and no one goes out after ten o'clock.
We have staff members who don't have lights. I assume that's why in winter they get in late, and piss off early.
Given how sh1te a lot of car headlights are these days, I never fail to be amazed by the number of idiots driving around with only one working.

"One light W***ers", as Mrs KW and I call them. ::)

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 April 2018, 18:39:28 »

Round here, DRLs are enough at night. Clearly rear lights are for sissys :@
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 April 2018, 18:41:36 »

TBH, I've come across rubbish lights that are HID and excellent lights (MUCH better than Omega HIDs) that are halogen so it doesn't matter a lot to me. HIDs last longer, but more expense and hassle when they do fail. :-\

Agreed,my Focus has far better lights that my Omega or Signum had and they were both HID,My Touareg has Halogen lights and they are absolutely shite though :-\

My Signum has pathetic illumination. Not HID though.
Vectra C lights are woeful. Basic Xenons were plod only, and on retail cars car as part of the £1,200 Adaptive Forward Lighting pack... Which is why none  have them fitted ::) Again there is scope to retro fit but parts are rare and expensive  :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 April 2018, 18:42:30 »

Given how sh1te a lot of car headlights are these days, I never fail to be amazed by the number of idiots driving around with only one working.

At least they make the effort of turning them on. Last week we were on the M62 over the Pennines, never exactly renown for its fantastic weather. It was piddling down & foggy too ..... loads had no lights at all ... I assume the drivers though their auto lights would be able to tell, or the other f***wits with just their DRLs on.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2018, 18:48:12 by Andy B »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 April 2018, 18:43:12 »

I've replaced the D2S bulbs in two of my cars and the ability to light the road is amazing compared to the original bulbs. So i'd recommend changing HID bulbs every 10 years minimum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 April 2018, 18:46:11 »

The latest quality led sidelight bulbs put the standard Omega headlights to shame. Mind you, they do cost ten times more, so they bloody well should be better :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 April 2018, 18:47:05 »

I've replaced the D2S bulbs in two of my cars and the ability to light the road is amazing compared to the original bulbs. So i'd recommend changing HID bulbs every 10 years minimum.
I too have had this. They don't seem better, but when you are in the wet and dark, with oncoming traffic, it does actually illuminate the road.

Just changed the Jag ones for this very reason :y
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 11 April 2018, 18:54:41 »

At least they make the effort of turning them on. Last week we were on the M62 over the Pennines, never exactly renown for its fantastic weather. It was piddling down & foggy too ..... loads had no lights at all ... I assume the drivers though their auto lights would be able to tell, or the other f***wits with just their DRLs on.
We had this conversation last time it was foggy. Jaime's solution was to cull everyone. Who'd have thunk it?  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 April 2018, 19:26:17 »

We had this conversation last time it was foggy. Jaime's solution was to cull everyone. Who'd have thunk it?  ;D
It fixes so many ills ;D
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 April 2018, 19:28:02 »

It fixes so many ills ;D
;D ;D ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #41 on: 11 April 2018, 19:31:30 »

The Terracan has the worst lights on any car I have ever owned, that is the only thing I can fault it on, fortunately I don't drive at night very often ! My old CDX was excellent .

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 April 2018, 20:59:24 »

My V70 has halogen lights and are notoriously crap[although I can see well enough with them]while my Omega has HIDs which are certainly better than the V70s,but having/lacking HIDs wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.Don't know what main beam lights are like on either car as I can't remember the last time I used main beam but it's certainly many many years ago.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11 April 2018, 21:15:40 »

Baza- that is an interesting observation. I think for a lot of folk nightime driving is mostly on dipped. Idiots here use their main beam on motorways until they are nearly upon folk (either catching up or coming the other way).  I would say my nightime driving is a third main beam and two thirds dipped .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11 April 2018, 23:19:53 »

The latest quality led sidelight bulbs put the standard Omega headlights to shame. Mind you, they do cost ten times more, so they bloody well should be better :D
I replaced the indicators front and back, brake lights and tail lights on the Westfield with LED ones yesterday. Powered them up to test and one of the sidelight bulbs has only gone and blown.. >:(

So.. may be going LED for them too. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.