Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Grenfell inquiry  (Read 9687 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Grenfell inquiry
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2018, 12:05:44 »

I did rather think that might be the case!
By the way, I'm RON, not Ronald - except when my mum wants to tell me off!  :(

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2018, 12:15:30 »

I did rather think that might be the case!
By the way, I'm RON, not Ronald - except when my mum wants to tell me off:(

Ron.

She must be getting on a bit. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2018, 13:20:20 »

More relatives sharing their stories of loved ones who perished today. How, exactly, is this 'evidence'?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2018, 14:34:38 »

More relatives sharing their stories of loved ones who perished today. How, exactly, is this 'evidence'?

All part of the modern phenomenon of sharing every part of your life.  Suffering in silence just isn't on anymore.  ::)

Stiff upper lip anyone?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2018, 14:54:48 »

All part of the modern phenomenon of sharing every part of your life.  Suffering in silence just isn't on anymore.  ::)

Yep......I don't tell you nosey f*uckers on here any more than I choose to. :)

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 25 May 2018, 14:57:12 »

We may not be interested....you never know  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 May 2018, 15:03:36 »

We may not be interested....you never know  ;D

My 'other lives' are quite interesting. I use this forum for getting rid of my supply of 'inane drivel' :)
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 15:05:10 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 May 2018, 15:14:15 »

You cannot have much more left..... :D

Ron.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • Omega 2.2 CDX TDI Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2018, 16:02:52 »

I must say I am offended by many of the posts in this completely off-topic thread.  What has it to do with Omegas?

Let me give you my opinions ...

Take a step back.  You are living in a tower block where the design is such that fire resistance is "assured" by dividing the tower into separate, fire tight compartments.  There are no sprinklers because the building regulations state that compartmentalisation is safe and will prevent fires spreading.  The official advice to you as a tenant is to stay in your flat if a fire breaks out in the block because the separate compartments will prevent any fire spreading. 

The block does not meet modern energy standards and energy is being wasted so the council decides to insulate the block. This is about affordable heating and climate change - it has nothing to do with the EU. 

If I correctly understood what BBC Panorama said, the manufacturers of the cladding? insulation? submitted a different material for the fire tests compared with the one they sold; and the manufacturers then claimed that the ones they sold, which had different materials and had never been fire tested, had passed the fire test.  The cladding? insulation? they sold was inflammable and gave off lethally poisonous hydrogen cyanide gas when it burned.

Once the inflammable cladding had been added to the building it bypassed all the "separate compartments" destroying the safety and making the building a fire hazard. I think Panorama said the cladding was equivalent to four tankers of petrol.  It is little wonder the fire spread from bottom to top in about 15 minutes.

It seems pretty obvious to me that someone has done something wrong.

Are the building regulations wrong in allowing tower blocks without sprinklers?  Did the manufacturer test a fire resistant material and then sell a flammable one?  Did the installer seal all the gaps which would have acted as chimneys allowing the fire to spread incredibly quickly?  There are countless more questions.

I am further appalled by some of the comments which seem to me to be racist, saying "They were immigrants - it doesn't matter". 

They were all children or mothers or fathers or wives or husbands or uncles or aunts or grandparents of someone.  And they were all people just like you and me are people.  Would you have written your comments had it been your brother or sister or wife or parents who had been killed?

71 people died in the most horrific circumstances, through no fault of their own, which is almost as many as the 96 people who died in the Hillsborough tragedy.  That is why there is an outcry.

Please remember that these were people and their grieving relatives and friends are people.

My I point out a few of the comments I found most offensive.

be prepared for months , possibly years ? of hand wringing and finger pointing ( at the government no doubt) what ever happened to suffering in silence.  Should people do nothing?  What about Hillsborough?

And blame.....someone has to be at fault. There are no accidents any more.  I know you didn't mean it but well done because you are absolutely correct.  Another example - the police no longer call them RTAs (road traffic accidents) - they call them RTCs (road traffic collisions).  Someone was to blame for this disaster and we should all hope they will be held to account.

A block of flats in londistan full of illegal immigrants who have f**k all right to be there anyway migrants goes up in flames and there is a massive outpouring of grief  That is appalling and I am amazed the moderators did not delete the post.  Apart from what I think is the naked racism of the comment, which I also think is probably illegal, I think you have defamed people.  As you will not be able to prove your statement to be "100% true and accurate" in a court of law, you will lose and pay costs and damages if anyone brings a case of defamation against you.  I shall be sending your comment to my MP asking him to take whatever action is appropriate.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, ends my opinion.

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 25 May 2018, 16:38:58 »

I am so glad that I got some right, even though it was probably by accident  ::)

Eff off, you condescending bastard.  :)

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • Omega 2.2 CDX TDI Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 May 2018, 16:57:34 »

I was always taught that use of profanity was a sign of ignorance as you presumably know no better way of expressing yourself.

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 25 May 2018, 17:04:22 »

I was always taught that use of profanity was a sign of ignorance as you presumably know no better way of expressing yourself.
Do one, you knob.
Oh....I'm sooooo ignorant.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 May 2018, 17:34:40 »

You ask what this thread has to do with Vauxhall Omega?

The answer is nothing because this topic  has been placed in general discussion.

People will have different views some of which I agree with some of which I disagree with. That's life.

As for STMO, he is a scouser, so you can't expect him to be educated and refined. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25 May 2018, 17:41:33 »

You cannot have much more left..... :D

Ron.

Endless supply. :D

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 25 May 2018, 17:47:45 »

You ask what this thread has to do with Vauxhall Omega?

The answer is nothing because this topic  has been placed in general discussion.

People will have different views some of which I agree with some of which I disagree with. That's life.

As for STMO, he is a scouser, so you can't expect him to be educated and refined. :)
That's right, not wot like you are.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.