Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Down to the nitty gritty

(1/8) > >>

Viral_Jim:
So, house has been on the market for three weeks today and we have an offer on the table.  :y

Need to press a bit more as its not enough, but its not daft either... time to get down to brass tacks as my granny used to say.  8)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
I'm a nosey bastard.

What have the tightwads offered you? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: jimmy944 on 16 July 2018, 14:38:03 ---So, house has been on the market for three weeks today and we have an offer on the table.  :y

Need to press a bit more as its not enough, but its not daft either... time to get down to brass tacks as my granny used to say.  8)

--- End quote ---

I suggest you insist they arrange a survey ASAP once a price is agreed.

It's easy to put an offer in as it costs nothing. Once people realise the next step will cost them money they may 'rethink'.

Viral_Jim:
I know you are. £40k below asking price, or just over 10% reduction.

TBH I don't think they will hang about. They went all the way down the road on another property only to find a defect in the title that meant it wasn't mortgageable. They have a cash buyer for theirs chomping at the bit.

I predict we will meet in the middle, which I will be happy with.  :y

deviator:
Well done to move a house that quick! I think the average (ATM) is about 18 weeks.

On a side note, nitty gritty as a phrase is frowned up on.

--- Quote from: bbc ---ORIGIN 2: one theory is that "nitty-gritty" refers to the debris left in the bottom of a slave ships at the end of a voyage. Hence, use of the term is highly contentious and has been banned by the police.
--- End quote ---

Linky

Although I'm sure I read something about it being acceptable again now, which obviously I can't find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version