Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zafira Tourer - Service  (Read 14181 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Zafira Tourer - Service
« Reply #105 on: 28 August 2018, 08:24:55 »

Just researched a bit, as expected zero info on Zaf-C, but Zaf-A shows rear strut top bolt inside wheel arch. Must look harder at mine next weekend.
Zaf A shocks are a doddle at the rear, all nicely easily accessible once the wheel is off. Zaf-A uses torx bolts, so need to clean them up before attempting it, in order to get all the road dirt out of the splines in the torx.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 28 August 2018, 09:10:39 »

Clearly whoever was in there before you was on a break between filming PG tips commercials.

Well done on getting it done tho  :y

Thanks, pleased at the outcome. Noticed it runs a bit less tractor like now, with some fresh oil.

Just researched a bit, as expected zero info on Zaf-C, but Zaf-A shows rear strut top bolt inside wheel arch. Must look harder at mine next weekend.
Zaf A shocks are a doddle at the rear, all nicely easily accessible once the wheel is off. Zaf-A uses torx bolts, so need to clean them up before attempting it, in order to get all the road dirt out of the splines in the torx.

Need to see if Zaf-C is the same, hoping so as apart from oil filter DIY work on this is looking very doable long term.  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 28 August 2018, 09:12:27 »

Oh, one more annoyance, is the dip stick. It's gives strange readings, one side will show full, other side quarter full.

Pop it in again, and says quarter each side. Pop out clean, in again and it's full one side near empty on the other.  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 28 August 2018, 11:33:08 »

Clearly whoever was in there before you was on a break between filming PG tips commercials.

Well done on getting it done tho  :y

Thanks, pleased at the outcome. Noticed it runs a bit less tractor like now, with some fresh oil.

Need to see if Zaf-C is the same, hoping so as apart from oil filter DIY work on this is looking very doable long term.  :)
It isn't, as per my post earlier  ::)

Still a doddle to do, although you might have to remove the arch liner to access it  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.