Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tin Foil Hats on Standby?  (Read 4181 times)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Tin Foil Hats on Standby?
« on: 13 September 2018, 13:27:59 »

https://news.sky.com/story/mystery-closure-of-observatory-and-fbi-presence-in-sunspot-new-mexico-11496171

I suspect it's a strange powder delivery, but it appears there is very little about it online. Almost like a media eclipse  :)
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

Re: Tin Foil Hats on Standby?
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2018, 13:37:47 »

Sunspot is a great place to have a solar observatory.  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2018, 14:25:32 »

"There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything."

Sound like radio amateurs to me, except my club's committee won't sign off my blackhawk helicopter. We've got the other bits, though. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2018, 14:57:22 »

"There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything."

Sound like radio amateurs to me, except my club's committee won't sign off my blackhawk helicopter. We've got the other bits, though. ::)

Uww, I fellow geek, sorry amatuer radio operator. I'm a G7 so my license has a little age, but nothing like some on the airwaves.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2018, 15:52:56 »

Uww, I fellow geek, sorry amatuer radio operator. I'm a G7 so my license has a little age, but nothing like some on the airwaves.
Yep, me too. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2018, 16:13:04 »

Yep, me too. ;)
Well...next time you meet Merkel, tell her she's an upstart, and DO mention the war.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2018, 16:21:26 »

One of the strangest things I've seen in the No Deal notes today, is that apparently in the event of us leaving the EU without a deal, the EU will no longer warn us of incoming asteroids!  :o

The end of the world Barnsley is nigh!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2018, 16:28:14 »

One of the strangest things I've seen in the No Deal notes today, is that apparently in the event of us leaving the EU without a deal, the EU will no longer warn us of incoming asteroids!  :o

The end of the world Barnsley is nigh!  ;D
If an asteroid hit Barnsley, the government would claim it was part of their Northern Powerhouse regional improvement policy.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2018, 16:29:17 »

Northern Powerhouse......that stupid phrase is on the news up here constantly.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2018, 16:34:16 »

Do they mean Aberdeen  ???
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2018, 16:38:47 »

I always assumed they were talking about you Uncle STEMO, the one man Northern Powerhouse!  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2018, 16:44:03 »

It is a rather ironic phrase given that powerhouses traditionally burned coal ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2018, 16:46:17 »

I thought that was Dundee, now? (Actually an interesting article - I only knew a little of the Timex history due to their involvement with the ZX Spectrum)

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2018, 17:01:45 »

I thought that was Dundee, now? (Actually an interesting article - I only knew a little of the Timex history due to their involvement with the ZX Spectrum)
Yes, I saw this on the news yesterday. Some stupid, arty bint was going on about how the new V&A would help with Dundee's drug problem because people would see that art was for everyone, not just the privileged. WHAT?? Fickin dense trollop.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2018, 18:38:21 »

The political/social elite have no clue what is happening in the real world. ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2018, 19:26:26 »

Putin is behind this..............along with fake news...............and something to do with Trump!

I must start writing that book :D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 September 2018, 19:27:13 »

Putin is behind this..............along with fake news...............and something to do with Trump!

Brexit. You forgot Brexit  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 September 2018, 19:32:38 »

Brexit. You forgot Brexit  ::)

Ah, yes, you are right.  Everything is down to Brexit!! ;D ;D ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2018, 22:10:13 »

The political/social elite have no clue what is happening in the real world outside the Westminster bubble. ::)

FTFY :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2018, 22:17:10 »

I hear Sky news were lost foe words this morning with another Brexit project fear myth deflated. :y :y :y

The Sky presenter was interviewing somebody from EE asking how much European roaming charges were increasing due to Brexit. The EE spokes person said nothing as all the mobile companies have agreed to keep to the current EU rules. Next question from the presenter... silence. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 14 September 2018, 08:30:25 »

I hear Sky news were lost foe words this morning with another Brexit project fear myth deflated. :y :y :y

The Sky presenter was interviewing somebody from EE asking how much European roaming charges were increasing due to Brexit. The EE spokes person said nothing as all the mobile companies have agreed to keep to the current EU rules. Next question from the presenter... silence. ;D ;D ;D

While I heard interviews on the radio with people who "voted Brexit" who now regret it, and I quote:

"If I had realised there would be a border in Ireland, I never would have voted the way I did!"

I mean.. what? Where did you think it would be? ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 September 2018, 16:18:38 »

While I heard interviews on the radio with people who "voted Brexit" who now regret it, and I quote:

"If I had realised there would be a border in Ireland, I never would have voted the way I did!"

They were too busy creaming themselves over the 350million a week that the NHS was going to get to think rationally.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2018, 16:48:58 »

They were too busy creaming themselves over the 350million a week that the NHS was going to get to think rationally.

No they were too stupid to read and understand what was written on the bus, much like remoaners who have been banging on about it for over 2 years now.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 September 2018, 18:17:41 »

There already is a border in Ireland, although I suspect most people who dont live there neither know nor care. They must have searched long and hard to find someone who gave them that "opinion". ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 17 September 2018, 08:55:26 »

There already is a border in Ireland, although I suspect most people who dont live there neither know nor care. They must have searched long and hard to find someone who gave them that "opinion". ::)

Exactly.. I assume whoever was being interviewed thinks "Ireland" is just one big place that's all part of the UK. She should probably go visit Belfast for a bit and ask the locals how they feel about that.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 September 2018, 13:42:40 »

Although that very much depends which locals you ask.  ;) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 17 September 2018, 13:46:41 »

At least the Dublin lads don't have to worry about brexit interfering with their European business ventures.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-crooks-now-joining-forces-15144584

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 September 2018, 13:52:30 »

Which goes to show, businesses, no matter what business they are in, will find ways to carry on as normal, despite all the hoo-haa from the doom mongers.  ::)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 September 2018, 14:32:37 »

Some may say that this thread was hi-jacked by the Brexit crowd because they want to keep the original article out of sight and mind  :-X

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 September 2018, 12:38:44 »

UPDATE https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/09/19/sunspot-new-mexico-solar-observatory-evacuation-explained-fbi-docs/1365325002/

It wasn't little green men or a bad solar eclipse, it was a kiddy fiddler  >:(

I'm sure that won't stop the rumours, as it'll be seen as yet another cover up.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 September 2018, 16:49:53 »

UPDATE https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/09/19/sunspot-new-mexico-solar-observatory-evacuation-explained-fbi-docs/1365325002/

You are so right!  That will only fuel the conspiracy mongers to go into top gear! ;D

The "kiddie fiddler" suggestion will soon be translated to mean "ALIEN!!!" :o :o ;D ;D ;)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2018, 12:33:09 »

You are so right!  That will only fuel the conspiracy mongers to go into top gear! ;D

The "kiddie fiddler" suggestion will soon be translated to mean "ALIEN!!!" :o :o ;D ;D ;)

This story is all about the little green boys.  :o
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.