Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Paddington 24

(1/13) > >>

Shackeng:
Was watching this last night as they changed a broken rail. A gang arrived to do the urgently required work and did not have the correct sized spanner to undo the nuts holding the railkeeper in place!!!!!
Is it any wonder our rail network is in chaos. :-X

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: Shackeng on 16 October 2018, 11:49:32 ---Was watching this last night as they changed a broken rail. A gang arrived to do the urgently required work and did not have the correct sized spanner to undo the nuts holding the railkeeper in place!!!!!
Is it any wonder our rail network is in chaos. :-X

--- End quote ---

Yes, this documentary series which I have religiously watched from the start, is not good PR for GWR, or the railways generally, with constant crisis portrayed (well that does make a good story for the journalists making the programme!!) and hundreds of passengers being mucked around!

Once all the current railway upgrade investment has been made hopefully it will be different, but running a railway which involves complex machines, electrics, and electronics, apart from suicidal people, is never going to be easy.

To not have the right bit for your socket set for a job they knew they were doing can have no excuse!! ::) ::) ;)

dave the builder:
It's always the one tool you left on the bench or lent to Bob 3 weeks ago "i'll give it you strait back honest"  :(
thermite cracks most bolts loose pretty quick  ;D
not been on a train in 25 years
I'm sure after brexit all trains will be sorted  ;D
Paddington the bear 1958 ,so 70 years old ,not 24  :D ;D

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 16 October 2018, 12:52:34 ---It's always the one tool you left on the bench or lent to Bob 3 weeks ago "i'll give it you strait back honest" :(
thermite cracks most bolts loose pretty quick  ;D
not been on a train in 25 years
I'm sure after brexit all trains will be sorted  ;D
Paddington the bear 1958 ,so 70 years old ,not 24  :D ;D

--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D ;D  Funny you should say that Dave, as the Team leader of the track gang had to ring a mate elsewhere to borrow the missing socket.  It was just like someone working on a car and ringing a friend to provide the right tool :D :D ;)

Shackeng:
It would have been funny if the economic cost of such a careless approach to work was not potentially so enormous. >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version