Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile Phones  (Read 5962 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Mobile Phones
« on: 19 October 2018, 20:15:46 »

Went on a coach trip yesterday (yes, I know, it's an age thingie), looking down into cars, or looking into lorries, I couldn't believe how many were on mobile phones, most looked to be texting.

Frightening  :o
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile Phones
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2018, 20:21:11 »

Probably arsebooking….

I notice in Yankee Land, everybody is always on the phone whilst driving.
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2018, 20:26:05 »

Should make the penalty for using a mobile whilst driving a lot harsher 5 year ban & a £5000 fine .I know somebody who lost their child to one of these non caring bastards.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2018, 21:48:01 »

Isnt Bluetooth supposed to cancel the need to hodl the phone while speaking on it ?
I got my first crapple iPhone today and presume I can install a Parrot kit in the car and use the phone legally ?  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2018, 23:22:29 »

Isnt Bluetooth supposed to cancel the need to hodl the phone while speaking on it ?
I got my first crapple iPhone today and presume I can install a Parrot kit in the car and use the phone legally ?  :-\

Not if you're on faecesbook. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2018, 23:58:50 »

No excuse for the govt not to mandate that all new cars have mobile phone 'jammers' fitted to the steering wheel air bag. If the ignition is on, then the mobile phone would not work if within 3 feet of the centre of the steering wheel. Job Jobbed. Next.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2018, 00:07:49 »

I think you will find they work automatically with your car.  Bluetooth or similar. Mind you only on cars without starting handles.

You get the same thing here in Spain. Everybody is on their mobile whilst driving. Quite frightening as they come round a corner in the middle of the road. What do people find to talk about?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2018, 00:46:27 »

You get the same thing here in Spain. Everybody is on their mobile whilst driving. Quite frightening as they come round a corner in the middle of the road. What do people find to talk about?
Sorting out the claim for the crash they had last week  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2018, 15:24:50 »

No excuse for the govt not to mandate that all new cars have mobile phone 'jammers' fitted to the steering wheel air bag. If the ignition is on, then the mobile phone would not work if within 3 feet of the centre of the steering wheel. Job Jobbed. Next.
But then every driver would need a radio transmission licence like the main mobile firms.  Hence, jammers are illegal here.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2018, 15:41:27 »

Yes, as long your not holding the Phone, or even if its Dash Mounted your fingers dont touch the Screen of the Phone whilst Driving.

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2018, 15:45:46 »

Last year the kids from wifey's school went on a trip. One the teachers went down to the front of the coach to speak to the driver and, you guessed it, he was texting. In the middle lane on the M18. She filmed him doing it and showed it to my missus when they got back. She rang the company and informed the police.
Although she won't use that company any more, other schools do and he's still driving.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2018, 16:36:55 »

Last year the kids from wifey's school went on a trip. One the teachers went down to the front of the coach to speak to the driver and, you guessed it, he was texting. In the middle lane on the M18. She filmed him doing it and showed it to my missus when they got back. She rang the company and informed the police.
Although she won't use that company any more, other schools do and he's still driving.

Total disgrace, driver should have lost his licence.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2018, 17:15:49 »

Just because you don't have a mobile ....  ::) ::) ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2018, 17:17:26 »

Yes, as long your not holding the Phone, or even if its Dash Mounted your fingers dont touch the Screen of the Phone whilst Driving.
But it's legal to touch your stand alone sat nav while driving.....  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 October 2018, 18:05:30 »

And two way radio...

Technically, you can operate anything provided you are not holding it...

This applies across the board from control switches all the way to phones and satnavs. Basically, if it's secured to the vehicle, you can legally operate it with a finger.

Howevever if you crash/cause one, you will, rightly, be held fully accountable.

Having a prang whilst pressing a button on the climate panel is legally the same as if you are texting. And vice versa as the phone part is an extension of Driving Without Due Care.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.