Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Big vote tomorrow.  (Read 22005 times)

aaronjb

Re: Big vote tomorrow.
« Reply #75 on: 16 January 2019, 13:26:15 »

I really don't think there will be any Brexit - it's just been two years of showboating and posturing..

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 16 January 2019, 13:37:30 »

I really don't think there will be any Brexit - it's just been two years of showboating and posturing..

Probably right.......it's been worth the effort though. ::) ::) ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #77 on: 16 January 2019, 13:44:05 »

Yes but what a nice "jolly" for all involved lovely hotels & expenses claims and haven't they worked so hard for us .
😀😁😂

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 16 January 2019, 14:01:21 »

The crass ridicule meted out by micron and barnier on sky TV this morning was astounding.
" We know what the UK doesn't want ,but not what it does want..."

Well here's a clue , everything you said Nein or Non to.

Yes they're not looking so smug this morning are they?  ::)

And I bet your mates down the local aint so cock a hoop either!  ;D

I just watched that odious squeek varadkar on sky threatening that peace was in the balance again if a hard Brexit occurs .
I said before that when the irish realise that they are all but insignificant in this process and start to hurt due to the loss of their 37% of total exports to UK , it'll reinstate my belief in Karma.

I have a neighbour that I grant wayleave to to allow him to drive over my land to his . I cannot deny or withdraw that access but I can make it very uncomfortable for a long period of time if I chose to , and when the previous incumbent  tried to grab 3 x 150m of my land some time ago he enjoyed 5 years of misery due to continual drainage work ,tree felling,planting,maintenance , hedge trimming and unfortunate vehicle breakdowns on the driveway .
I'd never upset people whose land I have to cross to go about my daily business .......

I cannot begin to describe how angry that makes me. It is beyond sick. I lived through it and saw it up close and personal. For a politician to use it in the way he does makes my skin crawl.
Whatever happens at the end of this, I will actively boycott ROI goods and intend to never go near the place again.
Makes far call difference to anyone but me, but It will make me feel a little better.
STEMO is right. Build a wall. ROI is a hostile country, always has been, always will be.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 16 January 2019, 14:19:40 »

As a real world 2 year demonstration of what happens when our government has the opportunity to "Take back Control" it's certainly been... Instructive.

aaronjb

« Reply #80 on: 16 January 2019, 14:22:23 »

As a real world 2 year demonstration of what happens when our government has the opportunity to "Take back Control" it's certainly been... Instructive.

Like giving a vegan a steak - they didn't know what to do with it, and have thrown it away..

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 16 January 2019, 16:19:34 »

General concessus amongst the ex forces bods at work is that Corbyn will find himself 'slotted' should he ever find himself anywhere near becoming PM... So there is some hope ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #82 on: 16 January 2019, 16:40:00 »

Corbyn will be 72 at the next election, there's a good chance he could peg it without the need for 'slotting'.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 16 January 2019, 17:10:53 »

Corbyn will be 72 at the next election, there's a good chance he could peg it without the need for 'slotting'.  ;D
No need to take chances :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16 January 2019, 17:26:10 »

.....and I'm sure you'll be extremely sad when his toes curl up. :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 16 January 2019, 17:38:48 »

Maybe you should look at it again .
The referendum result was OUT .
If you think that the end result of all the influence you speak of ( or better described as machinations ) is to get "approval " then you're deluded .
It is simply to prevent the UK's departure from the eu .

I've no delusions:

The referendum was In or Out. There was nothing to vote on for how either of those things were to be accomplished. That there should have been is something that we, as an electorate, should have insisted upon before allowing the government to hold a referendum

The three governments(Cameron's, May's and post-election May) had to get what they could from the EU(who held all the cards) whilst attempting to satisfy all the various Leave requirements - who were never an organised campaign. Each government made their work harder by reducing their support within the Conservative party.

Parliament has repeatedly and consistently made clear that all of the touted deals were utterly unsatisfactory for everybody. That is what a representative parliament is for.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 16 January 2019, 17:41:15 »

General concessus amongst the ex forces bods at work is that Corbyn will find himself 'slotted' should he ever find himself anywhere near becoming PM... So there is some hope ;)

Assassinating any head of government always ends well.....
Doing it to your own is spectacularly stupid.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 16 January 2019, 19:49:26 »

I  believe you have got this fundamentally wrong Nick. Parliament  gave the people the power to take the decision whther to leave or remain. The people decided to leave. No if, buts or conditions.
Parliament then voted on and enacted legislation to invoke article 50, and leave on 29th March this year. No ifs, no buts, no conditions.
Most of them did this because their constituents voted for it, not because they believed in it.
Ken Clark was the only Tory to vote against the withdrawal act, so he is the only one who has any kind of right to take the stance he has taken.
But the point is, when they gave the decision to the people, and enacted legislation on the result of that, they effectively suspended the representative element of Parliament in this matter.
The situation is (and was always understood by most people imo) that the Govt gets some kind of deal. If that deal isn't acceptable, then we leave regardless.
Once the dust had settled, those who don't actually believe in the right of the people to take the decision, or even the legislation they voted to enact, started making mischief, muddying the water, frustrating the process, hoping to cause so much confusion theat the whole thing will die a death.
It might happen, but if it does, whats left of our democracy dies with it.
That is why I believe that if they make us vote again, everyone who believes in democracy, whether a leaver or remainer in the first vote, must vote for leave, to keep our democracy alive.
Im gladdened to know that several diehard remainers of my acquaintance completely agree with me.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 16 January 2019, 19:59:53 »

That is why I believe that if they make us vote again, everyone who believes in democracy, whether a leaver or remainer in the first vote, must vote for leave, to keep our democracy alive.
There shouldn't be another vote (no matter how cocked up the original was). But if there is, it should not include option to remain - the leave/remain vote has already happened...   ...so I've managed to change my mind whilst typing this into another referendum with:

Leave with Chequeresque (with mods, obviously) deal
Hard exit.

On the off chance that another deal comes along in the next few days - highly unlikely - include that.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #89 on: 16 January 2019, 20:03:53 »

It's going to be hard to avoid bitterness and recriminations no matter what the final outcome, Albs. It is now far too late to get the kind of deal that pleases anyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.