Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Big vote tomorrow.  (Read 22000 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Big vote tomorrow.
« Reply #105 on: 17 January 2019, 12:44:17 »

As things stand, either Parliament is going to decide on Hard Brexit, some form of Soft Brexit, or No Brexit. How is it undemocratic to allow the people to make that decision if Parliament cannot?
[/quote]

Hard or soft then , as it's always been but absolutely NO remain .
You cannot capitulate to those malevolent thugs and have any degree of self respect .
The UK wants only to stand alone, mind it's own business and trade freely with the world as a whole but the eu, and I speak of the individuals who believe they own it ,  want to manipulate , interfere and exert control over the UK and whole of Western Europe . That's oppression .
And if you think that's hyberbole try living in one of the PIGS countries that suffered post crash of 2008 .
I said it before that it's like the Mafia , if you're in then you'll do as your told , if you want out we'll kill you .
If a soft or sloppy Brexit cannot be acheived by dignified negotiation with the eu and other parliamentery parties then let's get on with it because the world will still turn on the Saturday morning and it wont be Armageddon.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2019, 12:51:48 by Olympia5776 »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 17 January 2019, 17:00:13 »

As things stand, either Parliament is going to decide on Hard Brexit, some form of Soft Brexit, or No Brexit. How is it undemocratic to allow the people to make that decision if Parliament cannot?

You cannot capitulate to those malevolent thugs and have any degree of self respect .
The UK wants only to stand alone, mind it's own business and trade freely with the world as a whole but the eu, and I speak of the individuals who believe they own it ,  want to manipulate , interfere and exert control over the UK and whole of Western Europe . That's oppressio
And if you think that's hyberbole try living in one of the PIGS countries that suffered post crash of 2008 .
I said it before that it's like the Mafia , if you're in then you'll do as your told , if you want out we'll kill you .
If a soft or sloppy Brexit cannot be acheived by dignified negotiation with the eu and other parliamentery parties then let's get on with it because the world will still turn on the Saturday morning and it wont be Armageddon.
[/quote]

What would the question or question(s) be for a second vote and who would decide?.......parliament probably won't be able to reach a consensus.

.....and what if we end up with another 48/52 vote or similar?

A second vote is too simplistic.......and it may even start a civil war.

The whole episode is a complete clusterf*uck. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 17 January 2019, 17:11:19 »

Presumably remainer's will insist on remain being an option in a 2nd vote.

Presumably brexiteer's will say we've already voted to leave so just give us a choice between a proper no deal brexit or a watery BRINO.

STEMO

« Reply #108 on: 17 January 2019, 17:34:50 »

The UK wants only to stand alone, mind it's own business and trade freely with the world as a whole but the eu, and I speak of the individuals who believe they own it ,  want to manipulate , interfere and exert control over the UK and whole of Western Europe . That's oppression .
I couldn't agree more, Don, but remember: There are almost as many self interested bastards in this country as there are in the EU. It's not only the mainlanders who wish to try to exert control over the whole continent. There's a lot of money swilling around in the city, and the people who control it can grow much richer if we are within the project.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 17 January 2019, 18:58:51 »

In order to get a consensus that can make it through parliament the PM may be forced to include a customs union..........which means her BRINO would become even more watery. :)
As I said 2.5yrs ago, if the vote went for leave, it wouldn't be a real leave.  We'd still have to pay in, have the same control over our borders, obey all the rules, just have no say or vote in how it was run.

But I was shouted down by all those who were utterly convinced this insignificant rock in the North Sea was so important that the EU would roll over and let us tickle their tummy.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 17 January 2019, 19:47:13 »

Insignificant rock? ;D

I would like to see the countries ( other than the five) that are SIGNIFICANT . Go on lets have them please. Might focus your mind a little  8)

Did a journey from Leicester to Birmigham and back today outside rush hour.  What a joke the traffic was . A no deal might see less lorries cluttering our motorways up. Unexpected benefit of chaos ( that is tongue in cheek). 1.6 million lorries transported each year by Eurotunnel alone. Huge amount going to and from Ireland too. That will reduce when Varadker gets his hard border.

Steve Baker for PM.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 17 January 2019, 19:59:43 »

It's all down to the farcical "reporting" by the media ... who are so keen on "making" the  news they no longer "report" it.... 

Why, oh WHY, does a so-called political "expert" not actualy tell the simple truth .... would only take 4 statements and a few "proper" questions

1) EU demand to know what UK want in order to get the deal passed, this is actually a smokescreen ... they know already

2) For clarity... UK to EU .. the UK want all reference to the "backstop" removed, the UK will not cede control of it's borders to you

3) EU to UK ... UK piss off .. we have promised Ireland they can have a veto, so they have the backstop, we will not renegotiate

4) UK to EU ... ok we leave with no deal so Ireland don't get the backstop anyway and you get a load more trouble that you say you don't want.

Dear Mr Corbyn .. How will you negotiate new terms with the EU when they refuse to reopen negotiations ?

Dear Tory Rebels .. same question as put to Mr Corbyn

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 17 January 2019, 20:18:19 »

It's all down to the farcical "reporting" by the media ... who are so keen on "making" the  news they no longer "report" it.... 

Why, oh WHY, does a so-called political "expert" not actualy tell the simple truth .... would only take 4 statements and a few "proper" questions

1) EU demand to know what UK want in order to get the deal passed, this is actually a smokescreen ... they know already

2) For clarity... UK to EU .. the UK want all reference to the "backstop" removed, the UK will not cede control of it's borders to you

3) EU to UK ... UK piss off .. we have promised Ireland they can have a veto, so they have the backstop, we will not renegotiate

4) UK to EU ... ok we leave with no deal so Ireland don't get the backstop anyway and you get a load more trouble that you say you don't want.

Dear Mr Corbyn .. How will you negotiate new terms with the EU when they refuse to reopen negotiations ?

Dear Tory Rebels .. same question as put to Mr Corbyn
But the EU will roll over and let us kick 'em in the balls. That's the promise Farage and Co promised.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 17 January 2019, 22:29:32 »

But the EU will roll over and let us kick 'em in the balls. That's the promise Farage and Co promised.

Who have shown their true colours by running away from the mess they encouraged.

No one has come out of this well; the Leavers, Remainers, Cameron, May, the Conservative and Labour parties, Parliament, the press, the EU and the British electorate. We all deserve what's happening.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 17 January 2019, 23:12:51 »

Nick. Pity the forum doesnt have a Like button for your last post.

I agree wholeheartedly.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 18 January 2019, 17:06:52 »

Nick. Pity the forum doesnt have a Like button for your last post.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I concur.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 18 January 2019, 17:17:35 »

The broad thrust of 'leave' and the likes of Farage  was...... they sell more to us than we sell to them. They need us more than we need them. Therefore they will give us everything we ask for.There would be no negative consequences for the UK. We would have our cake and eat it.

The EU 27 would be submissive to our every demand. The UK would take back control. That was the script. :y

However....... :-\ :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 18 January 2019, 17:20:54 »

The broad thrust of 'leave' and the likes of Farage  was...... they sell more to us than we sell to them. They need us more than we need them. Therefore they will give us everything we ask for.There would be no negative consequences for the UK. We would have our cake and eat it.

The EU 27 would be submissive to our every demand. The UK would take back control. That was the script. :y
But only the deranged and brainwashed actually believed that, surely?
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 18 January 2019, 17:28:26 »

To quote Francis Urquhart........You might very well think that......I couldn't possibly comment. ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 18 January 2019, 17:29:32 »

you have two And a half years worth of evidence to the contrary. With more coming every day.

Disappointing, isn't it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.