Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thought I was in the UK  (Read 5154 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Thought I was in the UK
« on: 16 January 2019, 16:40:09 »

I am in the Uk sorting out stuff following a bereavement. It is just like being in Spain . Everything takes so long and doesnt work.

Rang solicitor for a copy of will. Got there and they had double booked me and not got the copy from the Leicester office. To their credit they said it would  be there in an hour.

So went off to rubbish recycling tip. Dreaded it expecting the usual inquisition “ what sort of rubbish, trade? Plus added complication of foerign car reg so you arent a council tax payer” neednt have worried as they are shut to public Mondays and Tuesdays.......so still loaded to the gunwhales with junk.at least I didnt get a puncture.

Back to solicitor and it was there , back to base . Ruddy afternoon gone.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

Re: Thought I was in the UK
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2019, 16:47:56 »

Condolences with regards to the bereavement, Varche. I have had a similar afternoon dealing with a payroll provider. It used to be simple when the payroll provider was part of the same local authority that ran the school but, of course, it's all been farmed out to private companies now, all in the name of economy efficiency.
Like pulling teeth, except the tooth is still there even after all the pain.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2019, 16:48:56 »

So went off to rubbish recycling tip. Dreaded it expecting the usual inquisition “ what sort of rubbish, trade? Plus added complication of foerign car reg so you arent a council tax payer” neednt have worried as they are shut to public Mondays and Tuesdays.......so still loaded to the gunwhales with junk.at least I didnt get a puncture.

'Kin ell Varche,  I'm knackered already this week, no need for you to make me go thinking its only Tuesday!!  :y

But to answer your point, yes, its painful and has become noticeably more so in the past couple of years.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2019, 18:33:46 »

Heck you are right , it is Tuesdays and Wednesdays it is closed.

Days are a blur.

Probate is Oxford for Leicester . Cant wait if we have to put in a personal appearance. I remember how easy and cheap parking was 25 years ago  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2019, 23:22:39 »

..... I have had a similar afternoon dealing with a payroll provider. It used to be simple when the payroll provider was part of the same local authority that ran the school but, of course, it's all been farmed out to private companies now, all in the name of economy efficiency.

Our payroll & some of Anti-personnel has been farmed out to India ..... so everything from days-in-lieu to wages has to be emailed to someone that has only a basic grasp of English  >:( >:(

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2019, 09:12:34 »

..... I have had a similar afternoon dealing with a payroll provider. It used to be simple when the payroll provider was part of the same local authority that ran the school but, of course, it's all been farmed out to private companies now, all in the name of economy efficiency.

Our payroll & some of Anti-personnel has been farmed out to India ..... so everything from days-in-lieu to wages has to be emailed to someone that has only a basic grasp of English  >:( >:(

Do they do the needful and revert immediately, though?*

*Will make sense to anyone who has ever dealt with IT in India..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2019, 18:47:54 »

Until I read your last sentence, I was about to start on a rant...
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2019, 20:02:37 »

Days are a blur.

Probate is Oxford for Leicester . Cant wait if we have to put in a personal appearance. I remember how easy and cheap parking was 25 years ago  ;D

Cant believe im saying this, but use the park and ride, Oxford is the worst city in the world for strangers driving a car!guessing you will be a45 then a34, so first turn to oxford is peartree an park an ride is right there

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2019, 21:25:17 »

You've lost me then .....  :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2019, 23:15:41 »

Days are a blur.

Cant believe im saying this, but use the park and ride, Oxford is the worst city in the world for strangers driving a car!guessing you will be a45 then a34, so first turn to oxford is peartree an park an ride is right there

Thankfully done it by mail plus phone.  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2019, 11:39:17 »

You've lost me then .....  :-\
Lloyd's moved their collections department out there... Some of the most belligerent, unhelpful, stupidest, idiotish Onanists I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

So atrocious are they to deal with, that the only contact Lloyd's banking group have with me is either by post or via an intermediary.

And the only Indians I have had the misfortune to work with here have done nothing to improve my opinion.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2019, 18:12:55 »

Days are a blur.

The Oxfordians - a very strange and unique breed - ensure that taking a car into Oxford is so antisocial that they make it nigh on impossible to do so.  If you do manage to drive in past all their attempts to stop you, they will butt raped you on parking.  Its probably some of the most expensive town centre parking in the country.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2019, 11:25:40 »

Did someone mention Oxford?

They, that is Morris Oxford cars, were great cars for their time.  Very comfortable and reliable if my dad's example was anything to go by; registration number AOU 772C if it is still out there! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2019, 11:27:34 »

Days are a blur.

........and back to the City..............YES, I agree with that!  Been there twice, and vowed never again! :o :o ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2019, 12:56:49 »

Ive never been and haven't the slightest inclination to go. It has been a breeding ground for posh wealthy, Britain hating Marxists since the 50,s.  :)
If I want that sort of thing, Cambridge is a lot closer. ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.