Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do???  (Read 1168 times)

bertiecbx550

What would you do???
« on: 28 July 2009, 10:25:59 »

Well the HG`s gone on the Beemer and to repair will cost in the region of £550-600 depending on how bad and how much work is requiered....So its off to the bank i go to see the manager and see if they will lend any dosh..... :-/.....Would you go for the repair on a reasonable example of a car of this age 93 k plate 150,000 miles or would you if the dosh is there source another car poss another Bmw or miggy???? i love this car its given me some great days and nights of fun driving it but i dont think its worth repairing realistically...So i`m stuck here with it going through my drambuie sozzled brain Keep her and repair or ditch her and get some thing else..... :-/ :-/

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do???
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2009, 10:30:58 »

Burn it get some money that way ;)
Then after go to the bank see if they'll lend you some cash then get a newer BM or miggy.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

bertiecbx550

« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2009, 10:43:09 »

I think my excess is £450 so i might end up owing the insurance company money!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2009, 10:48:18 »

I think my excess is £450 so i might end up owing the insurance company money!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
I tell you something you don't wanna burn it  :)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2009, 10:58:50 »

Personally, I'd not bother to repair it and buy something else. But I'm sure if it was my car I'd have an attachment to it and not find that decision so easy. I think it may be better to get something newer. I have no doubt you look after the BMW, but could you guarantee nothing else will go wrong with it in the future? I don't know how much you'd want to spend, but you could get an Omega, or an E39 5 series. Also it depends on how long you intend to keep a new purchase for. If until it dies I'd go for an Omega, but if only a short time then the BMW makes more sense, as one would hope it'd lose less money in depreciation. Or treat yourself to an E60 5 series, or one of the rare low miler 3.2 Omega's out there.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2009, 11:32:16 »

I'd say get something newer, will be more reliable to be honest.

Bourne

• Essex
  • Stupid tiny glovebox !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2009, 12:53:35 »

Ask yourself how you'd feel if you spent the £600 to repair it, then next month something else major goes wrong(which is quite possible with that age & mileage). Better to bite the bullet now & invest the £600 in something a bit newer.- Just my thoughts

mantahatch

« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2009, 13:15:19 »

This is the eternal question, I no if it was my car (96 Mig) requiring a replacement engine, gearbox or some bodywork then I would fix it. even though it is more than the car is worth. The old saying of better the devil you no etc.

I think if someone is in any doubts about to repair or not. I would read into it that they are not entirely happy with the car anyway and are looking for a reason to buy something else, I no this as I have been there in the past myself.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2009, 14:06:06 »

I tell you something you don't wanna burn it  :)
Too right! A mate of mine did this. Police went out to investigate the torched vehicle and found a body in a nearby ditch. :o It was completely unrelated but needless to say he coughed to torching his car pretty quick and had a worrying few months until he was finally in the clear.  ::)

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bertiecbx550

« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2009, 14:35:50 »

we`ve just found a e34 520ise same model on a L reg plate for £600 so i`m gonna have a look at it and if its as good as it sounds then buy it and use mine as donor for parts i.e. leather interior and ancillaries.....wish me good luck i need some this week.... ::)

bertiecbx550

« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2009, 21:23:34 »

Ok i`ve bought this Beemer i saw and i`m quite happy with it it drives alot better than the 520 it feels more planted on the road wheres the other felt like a shopping trolley at 80-90mph i`m also gonna transplant the interior and just do little jobs like a full service  :)

feeutfo

« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2009, 21:38:41 »

oh, too late....  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.