Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyres and advisories  (Read 1032 times)

Steve Brookman

• Blackwood, Gwent
    • Royale/Senator
    • View Profile
Tyres and advisories
« on: 28 July 2009, 12:14:40 »

Just had 4 new tyres fitted to the wifes car-supplied by tyreshopper.com (£50 each-225/55 16) and fitted by my local N...... Tyres.
As always when having tyres fitted here they always come up ewith a list of advisories

1-Inner track rod end has too much play.
2-Exhaust badly corroded.
3-rear shocker badly corroded.
4-Front and rear disks need replacing.

I know theres a bit of rust here and there but the funny thing is my mechanic friend took it to his garage a week ago to give it a once over for the holidays and apart from new brake pads there was nothing noticably wrong.

The same fitting centre also advised me 12 months ago that the rear tyres on my range Rover were nearly at their limit-a year and 6000 miles later there is still plenty of tread in them.

I'll give it a look over-but it's a funny old world :-?

Steve
Previous
Omega 2.5 GLS Auto Estate         S115 JVV
Omega 3.0 Elite  Auto Estate        T639 TFA

feeutfo

Re: Tyres and advisories
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2009, 12:25:23 »

from what i've read on here, your not alone in your observations. Let me guess, they had the parts on the shelf and could do the job there and then....?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2009, 12:29:11 »

This type of outfit always spout rubbish like this because they might get lucky and find a numpty who says "Oh, dear! you'd better sort it all out, then".  >:(

Believe only your MOT tester (and your own eyes) - and don't take your car there for an MOT!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2009, 19:34:08 »

Just had 4 new tyres fitted to the wifes car-supplied by tyreshopper.com (£50 each-225/55 16) and fitted by my local N...... Tyres.
As always when having tyres fitted here they always come up ewith a list of advisories

I know theres a bit of rust here and there but the funny thing is my mechanic friend took it to his garage a week ago to give it a once over for the holidays and apart from new brake pads there was nothing noticably wrong.

The same fitting centre also advised me 12 months ago that the rear tyres on my range Rover were nearly at their limit-a year and 6000 miles later there is still plenty of tread in them.

Steve

You should have told them to concentrate on the tyre fitting rather than checking the car over for other defects and if you wanted a pre-mot check you would have asked for one :-X :D ;)
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2009, 19:57:53 »

You should have told them to concentrate on the tyre fitting rather than checking the car over for other defects and if you wanted a pre-mot check you would have asked for one :-X :D ;)

That's usually the kind of answer I give them.  :y  :y  :y

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2009, 20:11:26 »

You've got to watch outfits like that they have a habit of producing unnecessary additional work out of thin air. A few years ago my local mot tester told me about a car that he'd tested. It belonged to an elderly lady who had just had her car passed at his station. it flew through. Although he pointed out that one of the front tyres was nearing it's wear limit and would need changing in the next few months.
He got a phone call from the lady the next day to tell him that on leaving the test station she had decided to go and get the tyre changed straight away at Kwik Krap. When they had changed the tyre she was very suprised when the "fitter" told her that she needed new brake pads and shocks on the front :o :o robbin' gits >:( >:(
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2009, 20:52:56 »

Steve

Last time I visited one of those places and they tried it on I made a point of mentioning very loudly in the packed waiting room that it was strange that my brand new rear shocks had started leaking WD40 :o :o :o

The diagnosis of the fluid was aimed by the fact the stupid fitter had left the can on the ramp ::) ::) ;D ;D

Needless to say the waiting room emptied rather quickly ;D ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2009, 22:19:45 »

:y ;D ;D ;D
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.