Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Perseverance is...  (Read 2412 times)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Perseverance is...
« Reply #15 on: 29 July 2009, 23:20:36 »

SUCCESS!

Oil cooler fitted, cam cover gaskets fitted, new plugs and filters, fresh oil, everything back together, and it runs better than ever.

Just got the coolant to flush now, would have had it done if the British Summer weather hadn't intervened with a rainstorm Noah would have been impressed with...

Perseverance means success - well done Pete :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2009, 00:04:25 »

Seems I was celebrating prematurely. Got towed home by the RAC, was on the way to the shops when I could hear popping and banging from under the bonnet. Limped into civilisation, popped the bonnet, and coolant spraying out of the pressure cap.

Listened a it more and could hear boiling coming from under the plenum. Not enough sealant, methinks. *shakes fist*

Or, it'll be something worse, in which case I'll be asking for donations for a gallon of petrol and a box of matches...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2009, 00:19:59 »

Seems I was celebrating prematurely. Got towed home by the RAC, was on the way to the shops when I could hear popping and banging from under the bonnet. Limped into civilisation, popped the bonnet, and coolant spraying out of the pressure cap.

Listened a it more and could hear boiling coming from under the plenum. Not enough sealant, methinks. *shakes fist*

Or, it'll be something worse, in which case I'll be asking for donations for a gallon of petrol and a box of matches...

Remember that perserverance Pete ;) ;)

Hope it's not too bad :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.