Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to Kevin  (Read 1156 times)

feeutfo

Thanks to Kevin
« on: 29 July 2009, 23:18:47 »

.... again.... ::)
new batterys in power sounder, all checked and working fine. No engine codes, cat codes still at bay,touch wood :-). Bit of a chat and play with lap tops and stuff, jump in the car and realise how much of his evening i have taken up . Time flys....
Thanks Kev, a thoroughly generous chap. :-)

Time to confront my electrics phobia and get a soldering iron and a solder sucker i think.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to Kevin
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2009, 23:52:20 »

Time to confront my electrics phobia and get a soldering iron and a solder sucker i think.

Not interested in a 'scope, are you? ;D

No problem at all. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2009, 06:25:17 »

Not interested in a 'scope, are you? ;D

No problem at all. :y

Kevin
;D ;D ;D ;D maybe in 10 years time ill have learnt enough to know what to do with "one". ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: 30 July 2009, 06:39:46 by chrisgixer »

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2009, 09:04:24 »

new batterys in power sounder, all checked and working fine. No engine codes, cat codes still at bay,touch wood :-). Bit of a chat and play with lap tops and stuff, jump in the car and realise how much of his evening i have taken up . Time flys....

Interesting - I thought they weren't serviceable.   What did you use for replacements?   (Mine does the 4 peeps on switchoff which I understand is the telltale that its on its way out ::))

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2009, 10:11:52 »

Interesting - I thought they weren't serviceable.   What did you use for replacements?   (Mine does the 4 peeps on switchoff which I understand is the telltale that its on its way out ::))

Some pics of mine in the guide, being face lift should be the soldered in type? suggest removing from car, cut open along seem with hacksaw and examine for leaks from batterys asap before the acid eats the board. Mine and Kevins cars similar age and miles but very different levels of corrossion. Batterys seem freely available on net and of the type used in lap tops etc

Kevin got some from his supplier and soldered in some new ones. Never heard any peeps from mine but showed very slight weep. Also low car battery was setting the sounder off on start up after a 2 or 3 day lay up. So presume sounder was doing its job.... :-)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2009, 11:50:12 »

I would pull it out and open it up ASAP, Ian. If you catch them before they leak all over the PCB they are easily replaced. I'd be happy to take a look if you like?

Cheers,

kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2009, 12:54:28 »

Some pics of mine in the guide, being face lift should be the soldered in type? suggest removing from car, cut open along seem with hacksaw and examine for leaks from batterys asap before the acid eats the board. Mine and Kevins cars similar age and miles but very different levels of corrossion. Batterys seem freely available on net and of the type used in lap tops etc

Kevin got some from his supplier and soldered in some new ones. Never heard any peeps from mine but showed very slight weep. Also low car battery was setting the sounder off on start up after a 2 or 3 day lay up. So presume sounder was doing its job.... :-)
Mine in the guide was from my facelift MY 2000 on an `X`. Not sure when they changed over, but as stated, cut open and check battery type. :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2009, 13:49:18 »

I would pull it out and open it up ASAP, Ian. If you catch them before they leak all over the PCB they are easily replaced. I'd be happy to take a look if you like?

Cheers,

kevin

That would be great if you're around Kevin.
Cheers,
Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.