Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: bugger - the update....  (Read 1935 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
bugger - the update....
« on: 14 August 2007, 20:17:47 »

The body repair shop who is fixing the 55 plate Passat, that i tried to re-shape into an Omega rang me today. I did over £800 worth of damage  :o - It needs a new wing & bumper!  :o

Good news is, that i spoke to my insurance company, they said:

If i do not claim on my car (ie not claim to have my bumper fixed, i will not have the pay the excess) the excess is only paid on damage to my car!

Bonus!! - I have 65% discount at the moment on my policy, this will drop to 50% next year (July 2008) :(

The guy on the phone was honest, he reckoned my policy would increase by about 10% max  :D

Now I did £800 worth of damage to the Passat, new wing, bumper and indicator, what was the damage to mine? This:

[size=20]
Vauxhall Omega 1 - Passat NIL
[/size]
« Last Edit: 14 August 2007, 20:19:41 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: bugger - the update....
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2007, 20:19:29 »

Thats £400 - £600 damage to the Omega Tunnie, esp at a dealer....
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2007, 20:29:27 »

I am not claiming for damage to my car.... I will live with the split. Its not worth £200 just to fix that bumper.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2007, 20:31:34 »

I am not claiming for damage to my car.... I will live with the split. Its not worth £200 just to fix that bumper.
No, I was saying that the Omega sustained almost as much damage (financially) as the VW
Grumpy old man

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2007, 20:58:00 »

When my previous Omega was written off in May the damage was estimated at £5500 rear ended and pushed in to car in front too . Still they actually paid out more than I brought the cart for so not too bad in the long run

bertiecbx550

« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2007, 22:34:44 »

i had a asian bloke rear end me a few weeks back all he did to mine was scratch the o/s bumper an leave a bit of paint on it he needs anew wing headlight an bumper as well as a few other items..funny though he did not want to stop and exchange details???? i informed the insurance and west mids police and not heard a single dicky bird since..dodgy or what? oh an it was a hyundai coupe on a 51 plate wot do they make them outa of cardboard?
« Last Edit: 14 August 2007, 22:35:49 by bertiecbx550 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2007, 22:36:52 »

remember once, my brother and i were towing the speedboat to go skiing, and we went straight up the arse of an Orion taxi.  Bonnet of our Cav nearly hit the driver  :o  (bloody taxi was full of filler)
Grumpy old man

bertiecbx550

« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2007, 22:43:24 »

i rear ended a caravan on the m25 6 or 7 yrs back in a brand new transit van that the courier firm i worked for had just hired i completley trashed the front end of the van i.e. new bonnet new bumper,radiator..all i did to the caravan was break his tailight lens  ;D  ;D  ;D gaffer was not too happy though i blew the replacement vans engine up two days later goin up the m40....1 of those early renault vans rebaged as vauxhall ha ha  ha ha

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2007, 22:56:09 »

i had a asian bloke rear end me a few weeks back all he did to mine was scratch the o/s bumper an leave a bit of paint on it he needs anew wing headlight an bumper as well as a few other items..funny though he did not want to stop and exchange details???? i informed the insurance and west mids police and not heard a single dicky bird since..dodgy or what? oh an it was a hyundai coupe on a 51 plate wot do they make them outa of cardboard?

I got hit by an uninsured driver once. Called the Police and they said I needed to report it to them in person. Went to police station and they asked what I wanted them to do about it.  >:( Not remotely interested.

Wrote to guy and asked for my excess, which he paid. Then he got stroppy with me when my insurance company started chasing him for the rest.  ::) Insurance company gave up chasing him claiming they couldn't trace him (I didn't find it that hard!), I got saddled with the claim >:(. Glad I had protected NCB.

This country is run for the benefit of the dodgy tinkers at the expense of law abiding folk >:(

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 August 2007, 23:35:16 »

I once dragged a Nissan Micra round a pub car park with my Senator's front bumper. The car belonged to one of the wedding party of the wedding we were invited to. :-[ When I found the owner of the car he wasn't remotely interested even though I'd caved in his door. I can only assume he wasn't insured and so didn't want any potential hassle if I'd told my insurance.  :-?

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2007, 08:05:31 »

Maybe at a dealer....

I carnt tell if the bumper is split or just cracked paint  :-/

But even if split bumper £200 tops at bodyshop to heat weld it back together and respray
 :y

The bodyshop i use has quoted me £160 to heat weld my front bumber (thats in a worse state than Tunnies pics) straighten out the iron behind it and respray it. (The damage towing balls do  >:( )

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2007, 09:18:01 »

This country is run for the benefit of the dodgy tinkers at the expense of law abiding folk >:(

Yes this is quite correct  >:( >:( >:( >:(
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2007, 09:31:32 »

Maybe at a dealer....

I carnt tell if the bumper is split or just cracked paint  :-/

But even if split bumper £200 tops at bodyshop to heat weld it back together and respray
 :y

The bodyshop i use has quoted me £160 to heat weld my front bumber (thats in a worse state than Tunnies pics) straighten out the iron behind it and respray it. (The damage towing balls do  >:( )
Having seen it, the bumper is creased, so will probably need replacement...
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2007, 09:45:08 »

I got hit by an uninsured driver once. Called the Police and they said I needed to report it to them in person. Went to police station and they asked what I wanted them to do about it.  >:( Not remotely interested.

Wrote to guy and asked for my excess, which he paid. Then he got stroppy with me when my insurance company started chasing him for the rest.  ::) Insurance company gave up chasing him claiming they couldn't trace him (I didn't find it that hard!), I got saddled with the claim >:(. Glad I had protected NCB.

Kevin

No insurance - so do him over - then steal his car and break it!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2007, 12:49:47 »

No insurance - so do him over - then steal his car and break it!

..except it was his Wife who was driving it, complete with mother in law and squarking brat - hence zero attention left for making sure she doesn't reverse into my car >:(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.