Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Horse box  (Read 4221 times)

seastate

• Littlehampton, W.Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: Horse box
« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2006, 21:18:51 »

I have towed a horsebox compleate with two horses without any problem with my 2.5 Omega quite a few times

Don't horses ever get car sick?  If you made me stand in a swaying box where I couln't see where I was going I'd chuck up all over the place! :o

rob114

« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2006, 21:34:52 »

Lol,reading the replies dunno whether to get the horses weighed,find out where the cheapest petrol/lpg is or forget about it!!!  :-/

Dai fish - thats good 2 know!!

rob114

« Reply #17 on: 21 July 2006, 18:29:54 »

Well,took the trailer out for a test run today-beach tomorrow!! Must say the meega is a beauty to tow with - trailer is a double axle 2 horse trailer.Didn't feel it pushing me down gradients etc.  To horrify MV6 owners - will post a pic with trailer complete with horses !!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #18 on: 21 July 2006, 18:32:56 »

I have towed a horsebox compleate with two horses without any problem with my 2.5 Omega quite a few times

Don't horses ever get car sick?  If you made me stand in a swaying box where I couln't see where I was going I'd chuck up all over the place! :o

Thats probably why they dont.....coz they carnt see where they are going!

Thats what makes people seasick....they can see the horizon or the what evers out the window....which appears to stay still....but the movement of the boat isnt still.....so confusing messages to the brain.....eyes say still....body says moving.....result...not good.
If you do suffer with seasickness its best to find somewhere inside the boat with no windows!!

I however dont get seasick......and in rough weather....always make for the restaurant......its usually empty.....order a cooked breakfast....you usually get loads as they carnt get rid of it.....tho can be tricky sometimes stopping the plate sliding of the table  ;D

rob114

« Reply #19 on: 22 July 2006, 21:10:34 »

Sorry if this offends any MV6 owners! Prolly first & last time I will use the tow bar so will take it off & store it!!

Mods-realise this is more general chat if this gets moved!!

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 July 2006, 19:08:15 »

I tow a rather large boat ( over 1.5 tons fully loaded with equipment lunch box etc )behind my 2.5 and it tow like a dream. I notice from your post that you take your horses to the beach. I have to tow across the beach to access  my launch site, and have found (if yours is an auto also)the snow setting on the gearbox very useful to prevent the rear wheels digging in when setting off
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #21 on: 28 July 2006, 19:17:32 »

jeez hope my wife doesnt see this.

Has one horse, looking for another.

Also looking for a horse box. Currently doesnt have access to my mv6 - her car wont tow the lot, but mine will, hope she doesnt put two and two together.... :(
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.