Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alarm system  (Read 1137 times)

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
alarm system
« on: 20 March 2007, 10:37:42 »

morning all..i have noticed this last couple of days with the harsh weather down here in cornwall that my alarm has been going off all the time last night i had to disconnect the negative lead during a hale storm can anyone tell me is this comon or is it a fault with system.its only started this week once this weather came in.(its the siren alarm not the horn one if this helps)many thanks mike

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re:  alarm system
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2007, 17:30:38 »

First thing to check is the bonnet sensor.

Also, make sure that all the vents are closed after you park up.
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2007, 20:21:10 »

Is a lot of water getting in near the alarm horns?
Grumpy old man

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2007, 13:27:28 »

thanks guys i aint too sure whats going on have solved it i think but will see,answering your questions i treid the air vent idea and it did not cchange things and the horns were dry as a bone guys the siren however under the bulkhead cover maybe faulty as i disconnected the plug into the siren and all is well the horns still allarm if anything is tampered with and hazzards all flash etc and system seems to be all working fine since i unpluged the siren part.so dont know if the siren was a add extra option which overrides the horn alarm system if fitted but it seems to be the sorse.all working ok sat inside car set allarm and moved after it was set and the horns all went off/set the alarm with bonnet up and held switch down and was ok let switch go and allarm went of so dont think disconnecting siren has effected anything.car starts runs normal.so hope thats was all it was unless you guys can put anymore light on subject about siren has it got to be connected or is it like at moment ok.thanks mike

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2007, 07:24:01 »

The siren module will be the power sounder.....its suppose to go off if someone tampers with the main car battery and disconnects it. Have you been hearing chirping noises from it.....indicating is own internal battery is getting low?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.