Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mt first project !!!!!!  (Read 3887 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Mt first project !!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 29 September 2006, 12:15:12 »

Good luck with the project  :)

Shall look forward to reading the updates , HG replacement is something I have never done and would like to learn about.

I've changed the Head Gasket(s) on a V6 Omega, but not yet a 2.0.

It's not really a big deal, the key to removing and refiting a head is to take your time and note where everything goes back, and to take the time to clean the mating faces until spotless.

Other than that, apart from following the correct torque procedure on all the bolts, and setting the cam timing correctly, (a doddle on the 2.0), you can't go far wrong ;)

totally agree, patience, observation and a belt and braces approach ( double check everything) will see you fine here!!
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 September 2006, 12:33:11 »

Good luck with the project  :)

Shall look forward to reading the updates , HG replacement is something I have never done and would like to learn about.

I've changed the Head Gasket(s) on a V6 Omega, but not yet a 2.0.

It's not really a big deal, the key to removing and refiting a head is to take your time and note where everything goes back, and to take the time to clean the mating faces until spotless.

Other than that, apart from following the correct torque procedure on all the bolts, and setting the cam timing correctly, (a doddle on the 2.0), you can't go far wrong ;)

Sorry just re read your post if you have done the v6 which looks to have a hell of alot more involved, the 2.0 for you will be a doddle, for me I've done most jobs on my car but not HG work fingers crossed its not needed just yet, was thinking the worst at the beginning of the month. Had it checked and checked it over myself and seems to be ok for the moment.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 September 2006, 19:59:30 »

hey James,

Looks a tidy project, nice and clean so need to do any work on that body work or intetior.

Get it running and slap it on eBay with loaaads of pictures.

Remember my shed that was an Elite? I got soooo many calls for that, i had to remove it from AT cause i was getting about 8 calls a day about it!!

Good Luck!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2006, 22:47:32 »

Yep, but they were all to say that you should not advertise crap in autotrader! ;D ;D ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 September 2006, 02:48:36 »

Ok, tonight I towed the project car home with my mate. It's now on my drive.

The engine is definately siezed. We're not going to mess - we have a working engine in the other Meega, so it's going to be a direct replacement.

We can borrow an engine crane locally, so the plan is to:

A) Remove the engine from the project car, take off any bits we want (including the cylinder head), and then dump what's left.
B) Remove the engine from the donor car, do any little jobs such as cleaning the breather tube while it's easily accessible, etc, and hoist it into the project car.
C) Reconnect all of the ancilliaries, hoses and connectors etc, fill up the coolant system, and uncle Bob's your auntie - one sweet running Omega.

Then - scrap the engineless old donor car, to make way for the project after that.

A guy I know has just bought a new Elite, and we've done a deal whereas I'm going to take his old CDX V6 omega off his hands.

Another suggestion was to steal the V6 lump out of it and put it in the 2.0 project car, but that's probably not going to happen!!
« Last Edit: 30 September 2006, 12:36:23 by JamesV6CDX »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2006, 08:58:30 »

wow you are going to be busy - doing all that today  ;)

Remember - almost anything will sell - so even things like glovebox, puddle lights, sunroof motors from the scraper will sell - ive just sold a sunroof case and motor on ebay for £36!!!!!!! so if it works, and its clean put it on a free listing day - you may find it ays for the initial project

edit at £100 it will pay!!
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 September 2006, 09:03:21 »

A guy at work has just bought a new Elite, and is going to let me have his old CDX V6 omega for free, if I help him with a cambelt change on his new car! Sounds like a deal to me. It's not brilliant in appearance, but is mechanically sound and has a brand new exhaust and alternator, and goes a treat, so I might tidy that up.

Another suggestion was to steal the V6 lump out of it and put it in the 2.0 project car, but that's probably not going to happen!!
Result! Doesn't get much better than a free Meega.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I reckon the temptation of the V6 might be too much for you though.  ;)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 September 2006, 12:19:04 »

I reckon the temptation of the V6 might be too much for you though.  ;)

I've already got a sweet running V6, so it won't be that tempting... ;)

« Last Edit: 30 September 2006, 12:36:51 by JamesV6CDX »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.