Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are we allowed to shoot Audi drivers yet? if not, why not? (NWS)  (Read 2692 times)

05omegav6

As above really. >:(

Had just dropped of at Gatwick smorning. Trundling round the roundabout at junction 8 on the M23, all set to boot it back on to the M23 south, only to find some stoooooopid rather yariswipe reversing up the middle of the sliproad. :o >:(

Stopped about 5 feet short, main beam and horn used (alot). King idiott (nice filter ;)) still tried to carry on reversing. Eventually realised that he might not see Christmas, and drove on to the motorway, at 45 mph FFyFS >:( Followed him all the way to the next junction just in case he tried to reverse up the hard shoulder.

I'm no saint but are people that ignorant really allowed to breed? :-\

Rant over, back to work I go... ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Are we allowed to shoot Audi drivers yet? if not, why not? (NWS)
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2011, 23:10:10 »

They'll get even worse when their boss over at the estate agents lets them have a BMW. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nickbat

« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2011, 23:30:20 »

They'll get even worse when their boss over at the estate agents lets them have a BMW. >:(
I actually think that, these days, Audi has usurped BMW as the natural magnet for boorish, aggressive, idiotic, numb-skulled, opportunist, big-headed, arrogant drivers.

There may be one or two tautologies in there, but you get my drift.  ;) ;D ;D 

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2011, 23:35:30 »

reversing back up a slip road in the middle lane? wtf!!!!!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2011, 23:51:37 »

In the Jeep, I might have been tempted to play 'chicken', as long as I could be sure people knew he was reversing... :D :D

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2011, 01:16:55 »

If I'd had a witness, ie someone else/a live video recording device in the car, I'd have been sorely tempted just to drive into them... >:( Though driving an apparantly invisible car probably doesn't do me any favours. Tempted to get the car re liveried, but can't quite see the council agreeing that reflective blue and yellow chequer markings would be in keeping with the overall livery... ::)

I'd love to see what their insurers would have to say when presented with the video. :-X

If any one knows someone who drives an '04' Audi A4 estate in silver, with a dented tailgate, politely suggest that they give up driving...

Psychoca

• Norfolk
    • Beaten up Mondeo TDCI ST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2011, 14:59:05 »

I actually think that, these days, Audi has usurped BMW as the natural magnet for boorish, aggressive, idiotic, numb-skulled, opportunist, big-headed, arrogant drivers.

There may be one or two tautologies in there, but you get my drift.  ;) ;D ;D

I almost agree with you...  You are right in saying that many Audi drivers do fit that criteria, however...  There is another car that certainly in my area fit that criteria with the added ignorant box checked...  That driver would be the VW Passat driver!!!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2011, 15:17:53 »

I almost agree with you...  You are right in saying that many Audi drivers do fit that criteria, however...  There is another car that certainly in my area fit that criteria with the added ignorant box checked...  That driver would be the VW Passat driver!!!

Ahh, well they are an extra step down the pecking order so they are bound to have plenty of pent-up agrression, being jealous of the Audi drivers who are themselves jealous of the BMW drivers.  ::)

We should go back to the 1980's when everyone got a Ford Sierra. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #8 on: 15 November 2011, 15:36:10 »

sadly, i agree on the Passat , even sadder,  the cab of choice around oxford is the passat....

the standard of Taxi drivers behaviour around here is appalling....

(no offense Al, I used to have a Hackney/Joint operator license in Wycombe District, so not just taking a poke at Taxi drivers in general..  )

and I cannot remember seeing a cab driver, locally of , shall we say, Non ethnic background?? (that covers a LOT of territory)   in the last 8 or so years....     many of whom, i can't believe passed a UK test.....   the way they drive is something out of a reality TV horror series... 

(20-25 years ago, when i held a Hackney license, it was about 50/50 )

Mind you, i recently got a bit of "satisfactory pay back" (not really a totally accurate term, but the best i could think of offhand)

round the back of our studio , there is a cab office....  and despite repeated requests and "warnings" not to do so, they keep parking in our designated (and paid for, sign posted and clearly marked....  ) parking spaces.....

last week,  We finally had one towed away.

(all required notices have been on display , prominently ,  for ages....   and they have been warned in writing on more than one occasion, both on car windscreen , and to the office directly....  )

an "interesting " discussion followed with the cab company owner....     during which,  I persuaded him to try to lift a few of the cases and amps we have to move around on a regular basis....  then introduced him to the subject of the compensation levels our lawyers would be instructed to  consider him liable for.....  in the event that any of us were injured and unable to work due to them being in our designated space and having to carry 1/2 a tonne of equipment further than necessary as a result

apparently, he has now issued a directive that informs all their staff , drivers and office, that parking in my space will be considered an act of immediate resignation..... 

I await developments with interest.....   but, to be fair, the space has been clear all week.. 

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 November 2011, 15:38:55 »

We should go back to the 1980's when everyone got a Ford Sierra. ;D

i was mighty fond of my blue ford sierra in 1984,  right up till august,  when i was given a brand new 2.0 cdx carlton,  in metallic burgundy ..

i've not willingly driven a ford since...

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2011, 15:40:02 »

(replaced with a 2.2 cdx a year or so later,  then a 3.0 senator in 1987)

Osprey

• Redhill, Surrey
  • Drink up. The world's about to end.
    • 01 2.6 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2011, 16:42:23 »

Out of curiosity, is it something about these cars that turns good drivers into bad ones, or is it that bad drivers have the urge to buy them?
 :-\

I feel like a military academy. Bits of me keep passing out.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 November 2011, 16:43:14 »

Out of curiosity, is it something about these cars that turns good drivers into bad ones, or is it that bad drivers have the urge to buy them?

I'd be surprised at anyone having the urge to buy a Passat, TBH. ;D

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2011, 16:54:38 »

Next door neighbour has had two.

Other than that he's quite a decent bloke. ;D ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 November 2011, 16:56:19 »

The local traffic branch have several unmarked soft-skinned Passat estates which they use to keep order on the roads/ fill the quota/ follow the direction of gutless supervisory ranks acting, in turn, under the direction of equally gutless senior echelons who are more intent on progressing along the path towards glory and an enhanced pension (or gong - whatever turns the affected souls on).

The cars seem to have the V6 engine fitted.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.