Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS Trade Club and Website  (Read 4856 times)

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
ABS Trade Club and Website
« on: 19 July 2014, 10:35:20 »

Is it possible to login to Trade Club Website using ABS membership? Or is it only possible to get prices at dealer?

Many thanks

Steve
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

chrisgixer

Re: ABS Trade Club and Website
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2014, 11:39:27 »

Yes it is. Request the log in from the contact us page with your abs membership details and they should reply.

http://www.tradeclub.com/home/about/contact-us

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2014, 12:03:40 »

Yes it is. Request the log in from the contact us page with your abs membership details and they should reply.

No.

Do it properly

Log on to the ABS website using your username and password and read the sticky thread that will tell you how to log on to TC.

Dave is going to get pretty pissed off if every ABS member contacts trade club and claims to be him  >:(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2014, 12:17:12 »

No.

Do it properly

Log on to the ABS website using your username and password and read the sticky thread that will tell you how to log on to TC.

Dave is going to get pretty pissed off if every ABS member contacts trade club and claims to be him  >:(

Ok pissy response, deserves another.

If ABS bothered their arse to sort out the forum log in, Dave would not get people using "his" account. They've had oppsing years to sort it out. Years.

And if YOU payed attention you would know that!

Happy now? :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2014, 12:54:27 »

The correct method to get the login is to look on the ABS forum. If you cannot get on there - I know its a pain, but at last they are trying to sort it out - then ask the Membership Secretary for it.

If you are still struggling, drop Keith B here a line. He runs the ABS shop, and obviously has the contacts to get things sorted.
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2014, 13:34:31 »

No.

Do it properly

If ABS bothered their arse to sort out the forum log in, Dave would not get people using "his" account. They've had oppsing years to sort it out. Years.

There is nowt wrong with the forum log-in .. I've been using it for years .. just 'cos YOU can't use it does not make everyone else wrong and you right ...  :)

and if you paid attention you would know that!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2014, 13:51:39 »

I think a few members are suffering from PMT at the moment  :(

Come on lads, opinions is one thing but play nicely eh  :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2014, 13:58:32 »

No.

Do it properly

There is nowt wrong with the forum log-in .. I've been using it for years .. just 'cos YOU can't use it does not make everyone else wrong and you right ...  :)

and if you paid attention you would know that!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Firstly, it's not just ME that has agro, of you look at TB's post above.

Secondly, how would I know that method even existed, if A not a Member of the forum. AND B, see thirdly below...

Thirdly, when I pm'd a certain ex Wing commander Entwood from Swindon on how to obtain a log in for the TC web site, he said to do so through the contact us link on the TRADE CLUB web site. The silly arse! ;D ;D ;D ;D

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2014, 15:02:41 »

Thank you - all - I contacted TC after the first post but will now renew my effort to access the ABS forum  :y (I can get onto the website but not forum as yet)

Steve

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2014, 16:43:54 »

Strict vetting process on ABS.  ;)

You request to join the forum with your user-name, one of the secretary's run a check on you, you either pass or fail the required criteria, then you are either accepted or rejected.  ;)

Just for the record, I had no problem at all joining both ABS and the forum a few years back and was signed up in no time at all, but then I am a very nice bloke so I expected no different.  ;D ;D  :y Couldn't have been easier.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2014, 16:57:29 »

You request to join the forum with your user-name, one of the secretary's run a check on you, you either pass or fail the required criteria, then you are either accepted or rejected.  ;)

Just for the record, I had no problem at all joining both ABS and the forum a few years back and was signed up in no time at all, but then I am a very nice bloke so I expected no different.  ;D ;D  :y Couldn't have been easier.  :y

Totally concur with everything as stated ..  :y :y :y :y     :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2014, 18:13:39 »

So is it still the case then that they insist on some detail of your login includes details of your card number, but don't tell you that in the sign up process on the web site?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2014, 18:21:27 »

So it appears they`re quite happy to take your money to join, but not quite as happy to allow access to the forum ???
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2014, 19:43:12 »

Just follow the required procedure, as asked for by ABS, and get access to all the members privileges.
just because certain people cant do it the way they want to, a hissy fit temper tantrum is in order, i think not, just grow  up and do as you are asked not as you want. :(
Hoof'land storeman.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2014, 20:46:29 »

So it appears they`re quite happy to take your money to join, but not quite as happy to allow access to the forum ???

My reply was a joke Rob, as I know Chris has issues with this subject.  :y
Sorry if it was misleading, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  :y

You join ABS ----- they give you a membership number ---- they invite you to join the forum ----they ask you to create a user-name which includes your membership number at the start followed by your proper name eg. 1234 Fred Bloggs ---- you choose a password---- they authorise you to join the forum ----- you log in and that's that.

Can't think where people are having problems.  :-\
« Last Edit: 19 July 2014, 21:02:12 by YZ250 »

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2014, 23:11:04 »

ABS forum access is no problem. There is a check to ensure that you're a paid up member (forum access is a benefit of membership), but that's the only difference between the ABS forum and 'free' ones. You sign up like any other forum, someone verifies that you're an ABS member, your account is activated. It's not difficult!
« Last Edit: 19 July 2014, 23:13:02 by humbucker »
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

chrisgixer

« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2014, 01:08:52 »

ABS forum access is no problem. There is a check to ensure that you're a paid up member (forum access is a benefit of membership), but that's the only difference between the ABS forum and 'free' ones. You sign up like any other forum, someone verifies that you're an ABS member, your account is activated. It's not difficult!

It's not clear. It's known not to be clear. Hasn't been clear for years, and looks to be no clearer now than it was before. I won't be pissing about with it.

And if Mr Waddington isn't happy with people using his account, he should inform trade club not to give it out to everyone who applies ;D

What a load of old bollards ;D ::) ;D

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2014, 09:08:48 »

I don't wish to take issue with your definition of 'clear', but I fail to see what is so difficult to grasp regarding the concept of account activation. In fact, there's even a message to tell you that your account is awaiting activation after you sign up. It's the same for a lot of forums (often for anti-spam purposes).
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

chrisgixer

« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2014, 09:15:59 »

I don't wish to take issue with your definition of 'clear', but I fail to see what is so difficult to grasp regarding the concept of account activation. In fact, there's even a message to tell you that your account is awaiting activation after you sign up. It's the same for a lot of forums (often for anti-spam purposes).

It's been accepted as in need of update by the club secretary Kieth B, a member here. (It might have been completed recently, I don't know, but it looks the same to me) along with a few threads on the subject. So, why would I be bothered if you see it or not? ;D

The details Given are the best to my knowledge and where given to me by another abs member. There was a thread of on mass members complaining they'd been locked out of the Waddington account, so it was the correct procedure at one point at least. So deal with it and move on.

Personally I'm not overly bothered about joining abs forum. I want tc access primarily. But on the two occasions I've applied over the years the sign up process did not ask for abs membership numbers, which you'd think it would, so none where given. Only to be told by email reply other card details are required. I'm not jumping through those hoops again.

Ps, it might ask for card numbers now, but it didn't at the time!
« Last Edit: 20 July 2014, 09:29:16 by ropeman »

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 20 July 2014, 09:37:15 »

No.

Do it properly

Further, in fact, I emailed tc to see about a personal account for tc access, rather than the Waddington one, due to problems with access and somebody changing the password. A on the end etc...

The reply was, iirc, that the Waddinton account was the agreed account for Abs, and that all members where to use that. Now that was a few years ago, but given the ACCEPTED issues with registering for the forum, it's not surprising non forum members aren't aware of/if there are any changes.

Is it!  >:(

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #20 on: 20 July 2014, 09:51:11 »

It's not clear. It's known not to be clear. Hasn't been clear for years, and looks to be no clearer now than it was before. I won't be pissing about with it... The details Given are the best to my knowledge and where given to me by another abs member.

So, you haven't actually tried to sign up to the forum yourself?
« Last Edit: 20 July 2014, 10:04:42 by humbucker »
PM with your requests.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 July 2014, 10:03:58 »

The requirements to sign up to the forum have always been clear, and detailed in the joining pack.  The problem arose, when I was an ABS member, was either nobody was actioning the request, or not replying back if it was denied for some reason. It was like it went into a black hole.

The problem with approaching TC directly is that they should have no access to the password, only able to change it. As it happens, it appears that TC do have access to the password, which immediately rings alarm bells over security, but that's by the by.  Certainly in the past, it appears that some of the requests from ABS members has resulted in a password reset, thus locking everyone out.

The only person who should be requesting password details and resets is the account owner, Dave Waddington from ABS in this case.

As I said earlier, any ABS members having trouble with accessing the TC website should contact the membership secretary in the first instance (details supplied in the welcome pack). If all else fails, I'm sure Keith B wouldn't mind accepting PMs for assistance with ABS issues.

Now can we move on please?
Grumpy old man

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 July 2014, 10:32:15 »

I'm signed up and awaiting approval - had not idea there was such a hornets nest here!

TB - I have contacted TC again asking them to disregard my  request to them.

Steve

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 July 2014, 10:34:04 »

I'm signed up and awaiting approval - had not idea there was such a hornets nest here!

TB - I have contacted TC again asking them to disregard my  request to them.

Steve

I'm in - thank you everyone  :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 July 2014, 20:39:58 »

Final question, promise!

I have website and form access now, but where are the TC logon details?

Many thanks

Steve

Scrap that sorted

chrisgixer

« Reply #25 on: 20 July 2014, 20:42:33 »

It's not clear. It's known not to be clear. Hasn't been clear for years, and looks to be no clearer now than it was before. I won't be pissing about with it... The details Given are the best to my knowledge and where given to me by another abs member.

Today, stood next to two current abs members neither could sign in, neither could register me, and both admitted that neither could register on the first attempt because, and I repeat, the CARD DETAILS REQUIRED TO REGISTER ARE NOT REQUESTED IN  REGISTRATION PROCESS.

Therefor, you can't get a user name to sign in, until the you enter the correct details. But they don't tell you what the correct details are in the registration process.

Have we understood yet?

I'm told the original paperwork explains this, but that went in the bin long ago, as I'm not bothered about joining the forum beyond jumping through sign up details. If they can't be arsed to add the required fields to registration fine, but don't be suprised if the forum is a bit slow as a result.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 July 2014, 21:38:36 »

Today, stood next to two current abs members neither could sign in, neither could register me.......

That's because you'd forgotten who you registered as.    ;) ;D

You now know your membership number so all you need to do is remember who you are and you're sorted.  :y Actually, just your membership number would suffice to get the other details but, as you said, it's no big deal.  :y
I logged in fine and gave you a guided tour.   :)

Can't see what the problem is.  ;D ;D ;)

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 July 2014, 11:27:18 »

Well VX ignored my second mail and seem to have reset the ABS trade club password - sorry  :-[

I have e-mailed the new one to ABS

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 July 2014, 11:45:12 »

Today, stood next to two current abs members neither could sign in, neither could register me, and both admitted that neither could register on the first attempt because, and I repeat, the CARD DETAILS REQUIRED TO REGISTER ARE NOT REQUESTED IN  REGISTRATION PROCESS.

Therefor, you can't get a user name to sign in, until the you enter the correct details. But they don't tell you what the correct details are in the registration process.

Have we understood yet?

I'm told the original paperwork explains this, but that went in the bin long ago, as I'm not bothered about joining the forum beyond jumping through sign up details. If they can't be arsed to add the required fields to registration fine, but don't be suprised if the forum is a bit slow as a result.

As one of those trying to get on using the phone .. and according to you "unable to do the process" .. as I said .. actually numpty trouble here .. as soon as I got home and read my notes the penny dropped ..  wrong user name by one letter .. which is why it wouldn't let me in .. and why it wouldn't send me the password reminder email ... with the wrong user name I didn't exist .... so .. with the right info the system worked perfectly ...  :y :y :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #29 on: 21 July 2014, 15:18:53 »

Lies. Aaaaall lies ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #30 on: 21 July 2014, 15:21:47 »

Seriously, I had both of them stood next to me, this is how you do it, you put your pass word in here.....

Yes, the password, now reminded me, where do I get the password? Ah, silence.....er, well, er, yes, you, er..... ;D

Not so cocky now are we. ;D ;D ;D ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 July 2014, 15:28:02 »

Seriously, I had both of them stood next to me, this is how you do it, you put your pass word in here.....

Yes, the password, now reminded me, where do I get the password? Ah, silence.....er, well, er, yes, you, er..... ;D

Don't recall any of that.  ;D ;D
Who are you anyway, have we met before.  ;) ;D  ;D

Ah, it's coming back to me slowly.  ;)  I could have registered you but there was a slight issue with your number, or apparent lack of. You know, the one on the card that you have been carrying in your wallet for years.  ;) When we found the number, I was happy to continue on your phone, but by that time you were jumping with joy at a very very slight misdemeanour in the signing up process. Not wanting to deflate you from such elation, Nige and I pretended that we were having issues and left you to it.  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: 21 July 2014, 15:41:24 by YZ250 »

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #32 on: 21 July 2014, 18:18:45 »

To be fair, it's just as well that you aren't equipped with the mental capacity to grasp such a simple task. After all, it's bad enough being exposed to your constant bellyaching on here, let alone seeing it slapped across another forum!

;D ;D ;)
PM with your requests.

taitinson

• Sunny Cornwall
    • 03 2.6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 July 2014, 18:38:11 »

To be fair, it's just as well that you aren't equipped with the mental capacity to grasp such a simple task. After all, it's bad enough being exposed to your constant bellyaching on here, let alone seeing it slapped across another forum!

;D ;D ;)

Harsh but true :P :P :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 July 2014, 18:51:14 »

I thought Gixer was like a woman ........ always right!  ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #35 on: 21 July 2014, 19:30:41 »

;D ;D ;)

Might just sign up. Are you Bum*ucker on there as well...? ;D :P ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 July 2014, 22:02:51 »

What you need to remember is the forum and website requires totally different login details, if you were to use the forum, and read the posts,you would know.
But throwing muck towards a person, by using his name on an open forum, is very clever, and then calling another member names, proves how childish you are.
I want it my way doesn't work in the grown ul playground.

Also the abs committe,and staff do a dam good job, but you cant recognize that as, you cannot get your own way.
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 July 2014, 22:08:13 »

chrisgixer

« Reply #38 on: 21 July 2014, 22:30:12 »

What you need to remember is the forum and website requires totally different login details, if you were to use the forum, and read the posts,you would know.
But throwing muck towards a person, by using his name on an open forum, is very clever, and then calling another member names, proves how childish you are.

Also the abs committe,and staff do a dam good job, but you cant recognize that as, you cannot get your own way.

Wtf are you on about? ;D have I got another 3 points as well? ;D ;D ;D

Tumour in the humour there I think. ;D as said, it's not ME that's looking to join ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #39 on: 21 July 2014, 22:31:05 »

Your not selling it B :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #40 on: 21 July 2014, 22:35:05 »

Except I always am. Remember. Wheel bearing anyone? ;) non adjustable castor ;) Carlton bushes fit an omega ;) oilman is a pita ;) abs log in is....

One day you learn Mr B. One day :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 July 2014, 22:47:00 »

Your not selling it B :D

Good .......  ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 July 2014, 22:48:00 »

Except I always am. Remember. Wheel bearing anyone? ;) non adjustable castor ;) Carlton bushes fit an omega ;) oilman is a pita ;) abs log in is....

How about the 'I want an apology' bit ........  ???

chrisgixer

« Reply #43 on: 21 July 2014, 22:55:46 »

How about the 'I want an apology' bit ........  ???

See, "i" have learned. Nobody gets an apology from Andy B. Nobody ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21 July 2014, 23:00:32 »

I'm not raking over cold coals .............

chrisgixer

« Reply #45 on: 21 July 2014, 23:04:09 »

I'm not raking over cold coals .............

Oh cheer up, grumpy bugger.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22 July 2014, 05:23:09 »

Mr Gixer, I think you need your Snickers bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mP9pR-mzU
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #47 on: 22 July 2014, 07:16:58 »

Mr Gixer, I think you need your Snickers bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mP9pR-mzU

Sorry. I don't do you tube. Google outfit etc ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 July 2014, 13:29:31 »

You turn in to a right diva when you haven't discussed tyres for a while  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #49 on: 22 July 2014, 23:55:38 »

Tumour in the humour there I think. ;D as said, it's not ME that's looking to join ;D

Why all the stupid argumentative posts then?  Grow up ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

chrisgixer

« Reply #50 on: 23 July 2014, 11:38:48 »

Once more for Dbug then. It's quite simple and something an "it" expert should understand. The details of the sign up requirements are NOT given on the sign up page.

Which is exactly why people have agro signing up.  :)

Does that answer your stupid argumentative question dbug? ::) ;D ::). Seeing as you asked and all.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23 July 2014, 11:52:21 »

Agreed. :y

Why have we bickered on for 4 pages about access to another club's forum?

It's simple. Pay them the money, and read the information in their welcome pack. It worked perfectly for me.

Locking.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.