Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: helped needed with prices of omegas.  (Read 7138 times)

05omegav6

Re: helped needed with prices of omegas.
« Reply #15 on: 30 September 2014, 15:42:29 »

That's only because WBAC are a bunch of greedy onanists looking to guarantee a hefty profit when the bung it through BCA...

Apparently my E class is worth a mere £13.5k... Even my local Vx dealer offered me a minimum of £15k against a new Zafira B with a 40% discount ;D

Can pretty much guarantee £16k if it went to auction today :-X

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 30 September 2014, 15:45:31 »

Hell, even my insurers valued my thrice written off 270k ex plod/ex taxi at £950 8 months ago...

... Silly bastids ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #17 on: 30 September 2014, 16:01:02 »

The sort of car desired here is very rare these days. When they do come up its usually a known used omega dealer that finds them. Not so much DK anymore, but Roger Bhuden and 7star have had this type of car lately.
 I guess they have contacts at dealers that punt out chopped in omegas.

I'd guess they buy at 2-3 k and wack a hefty mark up on it to 4-5k. Then be prepared to sit and wait. They all sell in the end.

Having said that insurers won't pay out much more than 3k on any standard omega these days. Any extras would mean an addition to the premium.

Lpg fittng. 1500 to 2k depending on kit professionally fitted. Several of us have fitted stag kits diy for about 7-800 quid or so.

Buying privately, and being very patient, you could potentially achieve your goals for about 3.5k with lpg fitted diy. But you could be waiting a long time for the right car and face stiff competition when it does eventually come up.
 I paid 3k for mine at auction with 70k in goid nic. But it still needed a fair bit of work. Although that was a 3 years ago now. I think :-\

Ps Thanks to Josh Wyatt for his help at the Auctions. :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 September 2014, 16:05:16 »

Want a 3.2 elite estate with gas conversion and low miles and must be super mint.

Price for. ...... less than 50k miles, Up to 70k miles. Also with full history and receipts.

A really mint one could be £4k, but others as low as £900 (or less)!
Blimey Lizzie. let me know where I can buy a 3.2 LPG Elite Estate with 50 to 70k on the clock for less than 900 notes, I might buy a couple.  :D

Steve reckons he can pick em up for £120! :o :o :o

I have asked him to get one, so add one for you to the list! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

No, I can expect that a low mileage one that has rust showing and is showing signs of age due to mistreatment could be available for a low price.  Don't forget though that even my minter is only worth £800 max on webuyanycar.com!! ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D
120 notes, Ok at that price put me down for 6, 5 in Black the other in Moonstone Grey, and they all must have Colour Screens otherwise Im not interested.  ;)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #19 on: 30 September 2014, 16:44:51 »

Want a 3.2 elite estate with gas conversion and low miles and must be super mint.

Price for. ...... less than 50k miles, Up to 70k miles. Also with full history and receipts.

A really mint one could be £4k, but others as low as £900 (or less)!
Blimey Lizzie. let me know where I can buy a 3.2 LPG Elite Estate with 50 to 70k on the clock for less than 900 notes, I might buy a couple.  :D

Steve reckons he can pick em up for £120! :o :o :o

I have asked him to get one, so add one for you to the list! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

No, I can expect that a low mileage one that has rust showing and is showing signs of age due to mistreatment could be available for a low price.  Don't forget though that even my minter is only worth £800 max on webuyanycar.com!! ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D
120 notes, Ok at that price put me down for 6, 5 in Black the other in Moonstone Grey, and they all must have Colour Screens otherwise Im not interested.  ;)

Right, over to STEMO!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

...........and we want wheels on them!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2014, 20:38:39 »

I did the cam belt and water pump on a mint Elite at the weekend. It had done less than 50,000 miles and had cost the new owner £1100 :)
Retired

The Sheriff

« Reply #21 on: 30 September 2014, 21:26:58 »

I did the cam belt and water pump on a mint Elite at the weekend. It had done less than 50,000 miles and had cost the new owner £1100 :)
By my reckoning, that's £980 too much.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 September 2014, 22:23:03 »

I was offered £350 for mine in px. My mot runs out on 26 Oct and needs new exhaust which will cost £650 before master fit discount which I assume replicates current dual branch system. Not sure what to do with it - had a chat with Al and have asked dealer to hold on exhaust for moment.

I am not at all sure what to do with it given it is worth so little. I just need a City type car and may buy Agila which I am using at present from dealer and it is great for the job and bags of headroom.

I might dump the Omega on Al's drive when he is not in one day.

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

chrisgixer

« Reply #23 on: 30 September 2014, 22:45:29 »

I was offered £350 for mine in px. My mot runs out on 26 Oct and needs new exhaust which will cost £650 before master fit discount which I assume replicates current dual branch system. Not sure what to do with it - had a chat with Al and have asked dealer to hold on exhaust for moment.

I am not at all sure what to do with it given it is worth so little. I just need a City type car and may buy Agila which I am using at present from dealer and it is great for the job and bags of headroom.

I might dump the Omega on Al's drive when he is not in one day.

Phil, if you let that car go for less than £1500 (and even then...) you need shooting.

..... Seriously..... !

As to what to do with it.  FIX IT! :y

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 30 September 2014, 22:47:04 »

I am out tomorrow morning... ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #25 on: 30 September 2014, 22:48:07 »

Although.... I doubt Vx will have that exhaust anywhere in stock.

...I doubt Irmscher uk have it themselves. Contract Irmscher de. ...?

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 30 September 2014, 22:50:37 »

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 30 September 2014, 23:07:28 »

Nothing on their sites :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 30 September 2014, 23:23:56 »

Nothing on ebay de either. For Estate ;) ....but not saloon.

05omegav6

« Reply #29 on: 30 September 2014, 23:24:53 »

Nothing on ebay de either. For Estate ;) ....but not saloon.
Sssh ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.