Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car tax refund  (Read 678 times)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
Car tax refund
« on: 29 September 2014, 15:10:03 »

On the 26th August I sent the tax back on the 2.6 CDX 11months to run at that point. On the 26th September I get a letter back stating that as I did not tell them why the car was off the road they could not refund the money and would I fill in the correct part of the letter and return to them. Also stated that they would now take the new date of reply for the refund.

At this point I looked at the form I sent back (photocopy) and section 3 had a big X in the correct slot, so I get on the phone and call them, after about 15 min I get answered by a very nice sounding young lady who said please hold on and I will check your form. A short time later she replays yes you filled in the form correctly and that she will open a case to find out why it was not refunded in the first place. She told me I should have an answer in two weeks. She also said she will ask them to take the August date for the refund !!!!

Is this going to be any different in the future as you have no disc to return, but have to do it all online, and i think you loose the first month of tax. So if you sell the car when you say have 10 months two weeks of tax on it you will only get 9 months of tax back. That's if you fill the online form in correctly. :-\ ??? :'(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Car tax refund
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2014, 15:25:43 »

So if you sell the car when you say have 10 months two weeks of tax on it you will only get 9 months of tax back. .....
Can't see why. ???  You'd get 10 months back

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Car tax refund
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2014, 18:10:54 »

That's if you fill the online form in correctly. :-\ ??? :'(

But that has always been the case. Fill in the form wrong (and the advantage is it is on-line to easily keep in your records) and then you won't get the right refund. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.