Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching this 3.2  (Read 2448 times)

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
Re: Watching this 3.2
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2014, 00:11:14 »

3.2 lpg

But the mileage is putting me off  :-\ Didnt think it would fetch what it has done already with 4 days to go but heyho .. What do you recon about it  :-\
You'll need a HOS licence for that one :-\ :-X
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2014, 09:27:59 »

Spot the deliberate mistake in the one picture that shows any of the LPG system. Clearly the work of a UKLPG fitter muppet. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

omega3000

« Reply #17 on: 01 October 2014, 14:32:05 »

Spot the deliberate mistake in the one picture that shows any of the LPG system. Clearly the work of a UKLPG fitter muppet. ::)

Please tell us  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 October 2014, 15:10:55 »

The airtight box housing the tank valve needs to be vented through the floor of the vehicle and the vent pipe needs to descend continuously from the airtight box to where it exits the vehicle, because LPG vapour is heavier than air and will otherwise "pool" in the airtight box or pipework.

He has taken the ducting over the top of the airtight box and down the other side, so, in the event of a leak, the airtight box and most of the ducting would remain full of LPG vapour. 
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

omega3000

« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2014, 15:58:56 »

The airtight box housing the tank valve needs to be vented through the floor of the vehicle and the vent pipe needs to descend continuously from the airtight box to where it exits the vehicle, because LPG vapour is heavier than air and will otherwise "pool" in the airtight box or pipework.

He has taken the ducting over the top of the airtight box and down the other side, so, in the event of a leak, the airtight box and most of the ducting would remain full of LPG vapour.

I see  :o

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 October 2014, 16:06:51 »

It may not have been a deliberate mistake, but if not, it shows that the fitter had no knowledge of the fuel he's working with. Hard to believe. It's a bit like a plumber fitting an overflow pipe from a toilet up and over a wall before exiting the building and expecting it to do any good. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.