Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambelt Fitters In Cornwall  (Read 16631 times)

allen25

• Worcestershire
    • Omega 2.6 V6 2001
    • View Profile
Re: Cambelt Fitters In Cornwall
« Reply #60 on: 21 June 2012, 18:26:08 »

Could be better than yours! You might not like it but I'll leave you to it

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 21 June 2012, 18:32:11 »

The irony is, with the exception of offers of help from AndyB, AndyC & HenryD (that's spooky), after four pages we still haven't answered the OP's question  ;D, which was 'But Does Anybody On Here Do Cambelt Changes Near St.Austell Cornwall Please'. The poor OP is still waiting for an answer, but at least he's in no doubt as to what mileage to change it at.  ;)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 21 June 2012, 18:32:50 »

I've wound you all up, but did't mean to swear by my life, sorry. I don't fit cambelts either, only my own.

I've just re-read all this thread.

Allen25 was not the original poster but answered the OP with his 8/80k comment.

Which is wrong.

He (Allen25) then continued to defend his comment much to the chagrin of the experience and knowledge of VX dealer shedules on here.

Allen25 eventually realised that he better 'fess up that he was playing with the membership and had made an error in doing so.

Fair play for the admission.   :y

Lets leave it there then and stop continuing with the spanking when he has already said 'enough'?

ta..... :)   :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 21 June 2012, 18:33:43 »

The irony is, with the exception of offers of help from AndyB, AndyC & HenryD (that's spooky), after four pages we still haven't answered the OP's question  ;D, which was 'But Does Anybody On Here Do Cambelt Changes Near St.Austell Cornwall Please'. The poor OP is still waiting for an answer, but at least he's in no doubt as to what mileage to change it at.  ;)

Correct!!

Anyone with the knowledge and the kit able to help the OP??

ted_one

« Reply #64 on: 21 June 2012, 18:56:02 »

Thank God for small mercies,just about to give up the will to live! :y

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 21 June 2012, 19:00:50 »

you know what they say ken...never argue with an idiot...as they will always beat you with experience but for the record pomfreys out in teynham claim it 4 years/40,000 for cambelt replacement it in great big 10 inch letter on a sign advertising the fact....some people just can't be helpped
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

allen25

• Worcestershire
    • Omega 2.6 V6 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 21 June 2012, 19:03:42 »

I do have the kit and it is not near, but it is here in Worcestershire. Thanks for the saviour I don't know how it's exploded like this but I will definately take it up with Vauxhall. If I get a reply you will be informed. Phew!

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 21 June 2012, 19:10:26 »

ok, sorry if i offended.  :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

allen25

• Worcestershire
    • Omega 2.6 V6 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 21 June 2012, 19:14:21 »

Thanks, appreciated, JA

OOMV6

« Reply #69 on: 21 June 2012, 19:39:28 »

Hello All Sorry To Ask Question First Day in Before Getting To Know Some Of You But Does Anybody On Here Do Cambelt Changes Near St.Austell Cornwall Please For Omega 2.6 V6 CD Model 2001 104k On Clock Last Done 83k Many Thanks Mike :y

Entertaining. Hope you get your help.  :y

maxpolished

« Reply #70 on: 21 June 2012, 22:34:41 »

:-\ uum well five pages of when cam belt should be done and i allready know as i worked for wards vauxhall for nine years and find this quite funny thanks guys for the soaps it was good fun me and wife read every comment from start some heated at that lol.

well again the point being that yes it used to be untill the update to vauxhall manufacturing warrentys started flawing due to so many tensioner (not belts) failed before the stated dates of 80.000 but due to so many failed tensioners it was confirmed to ALL genuine vauxhall dealers that all advice for 16v and 24v engines and priorty to V6 engines must be serviced at 40.000 or 4yrs if car has been well maintained to vauxhalls advice in service intervals.

thankyou to the people that know on here i wont name any members but i can tell a lot of you have the knowledge and some dont and a limited few wish to make pointless defence with lack of knowledge in motor industry but when it came down to the point the addmin was right the question was not  "when" as i know what the intervals are...and its a job that be done...however i whould do myself but i have kidney stones and prostate problems at moment and want somebody asap in or near cornwall to do the job for me i have the belt kit so just a skilled body that knows exactly what there doing as i can do it myself if was able in 45mins many thanks to you guys in the know but the whole topic went south and five pages later no help as such....mike
« Last Edit: 21 June 2012, 22:52:31 by maxpolished »

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #71 on: 21 June 2012, 23:16:14 »

Hope you get someone experienced to do your cambelt & tensioners mate - cannot believe it took 5 pages to change the "experience" of an inexperienced newbie who wouldn't let go!! ??? ??? >:(  FFS :(
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #72 on: 22 June 2012, 22:56:19 »

::) ;D  I love this forum to bits  ;D ;D ;D :y

feeutfo

« Reply #73 on: 23 June 2012, 00:58:07 »

Max, we(Mrs G and I) are doing a charity walk accross the Seven bridge on Sunday for CF. If your ok with it, and theres enough mileage left on the srvice interval, meet me In the south car park and I'll do your cam belt there.
 Forecast for the morning is horrific though.  :'(.  Which is absolutely bloody typical. ;D
Afternoon "should" be ok though.

If I do the work, and your happy, all I ask is a suitable contribution of your choice to the charity. How's that?

Failing that, AndyB's offer sounds too good to miss.  :y

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 23 June 2012, 04:34:22 »

Poor bloke it was like a lamb to the slaughter, spanners at dawn  :o ;D ;D you bullies now about the cambelt  :-X :-X
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.