Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: What are the differences between the Omega B1 and B2? Are they only cosmetic?  (Read 32223 times)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Thanks. In the meantime I found a picture of the same dashboard with a caption saying Irmscher Omega. Could it possible this is how the Irmscher cars looked like inside?

By the way I thought the small LCD screen on the center was standard in all Omegas. I could swear all the cars I looked online for sale had it.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile

In a word nope  ;)

Almost all that is standard (well, MV6) Omega, aside from the points I mention above  :) I'm not actually sure if any of that is Irmscher. Also Irmscher is a 'sort-of' in-house Tuner, like Ghia, Brabus, Alpine. There's no (British, at least) 'Irmscher Omega'. There was the Sport and MV6, that was it. Only individual people who've spend a few quid on the Irmscher extras and called their cars 'Irmscher Omega/Vectra/Corsa' etc but I could stick an Irmscher spoiler on a Morris Marina and call it my 'Irmscher Marina' - that won't make it a list model  :)

There is always a screen, or display of some kind there, some are single colour LCD readouts, some a little more fancy. There's a description somewhere on here the different screens and when they came in   :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Ah OK. I thought you meant some didn't have the LCD screen at all. You meant the content of the LCD screen in the picture is unusual. Not the screen itself. I understand now. :)

The picture is not from an UK car. It's from a German car. It's from an Opel. Not a Vauxhall.  ;)
I have heard there is no Vauxhall Irmscher Omega. But I thought Irmscher was a list option for Opel Omegas?

In any case maybe Irmscher sold a dash kit back in the day too apart from body kits?
« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 17:08:14 by anV6 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Sorry, standard Omega with lots of chavvy shit stuck to it ::)

Even the screen is 'normal' in a £400 option kinda way... available with both NCDC2013 and 2015 :y
« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 18:24:09 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Irmscher Omega.
No such thing. Irmscher are an aftermarket styling company, not a factory fit option.
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile

Irmscher Omega.
No such thing. Irmscher are an aftermarket styling company, not a factory fit option.

Unless it was an Irmscher Senator in which case it has a Irmscher chassis number.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Irmscher Omega.

Unless it was an Irmscher Senator in which case it has a Irmscher chassis number.
Sorry, yes, I was referring to the Omega B :y
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile

Irmscher Omega.

It`s a shame they ddin`t carry on doing limited runs on cars, that Senator was quite a beast in it`s day, and very rare too, an Irmscher V8 would have been sought after  8)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

The picture is not from an UK car. It's from a German car. It's from an Opel. Not a Vauxhall.  ;) ....

we'd guessed that as the steering wheel has an Opel blitz & is on the wrong side ......  ::)
« Last Edit: 24 October 2016, 20:52:21 by Andy B »

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Sorry, standard Omega with lots of chavvy shit stuck to it ::)

Even the screen is 'normal' in a £400 option kinda way... available with both NCDC2013 and 2015 :y

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what you meant about the screen.  ???

And what do you find chavy on the dashboard, besides the chrome little things on the ashtray? It looks very much like any modern car these days, including the chrome rings around the dials. :)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Irmscher Omega.

OK. Sorry. I had the impression they were like AMG (before the Mercedes take over), Brabus or even Steinmetz. You could for example send your car in with AMG and they would tune it up to match one of their cars. It would be an AMG from new, but it would still be a legit AMG. At least I would say so.

But if Irmscher only made body kits etc then yes. I agree with you.  :y

But I thought they also sold tuned cars. I know for certain Irmscher made a turbocharged Omega B. But I don't know if it was only an one of, a show car or what.

Steinmetz definitely sold tuned Omega Bs though. So I thought Irmscher too.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Irmscher Omega.

It`s a shame they ddin`t carry on doing limited runs on cars, that Senator was quite a beast in it`s day, and very rare too, an Irmscher V8 would have been sought after  8)

Yes, it's really a shame. Like I said they did make at least one turbo Omega B though. A V8 would have been fantastic.  :y

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

The picture is not from an UK car. It's from a German car. It's from an Opel. Not a Vauxhall.  ;) ....

we'd guessed that as the steering wheel has an Opel blitz & is on the wrong side ......  ::)

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend anybody. I meant it very tongue in cheek, hence my wink emoticon, since Diamond Black Geezer mentioned UK cars. Diamond Black Geezer, I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. If it came across that way I apologize.  :(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend anybody. I meant it very tongue in cheek, hence my wink emoticon, since Diamond Black Geezer mentioned UK cars. Diamond Black Geezer, I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. If it came across that way I apologize.  :(

we're all thicker skinned than that ....... no apology needed  :y :y :y

aaronjb

It looks very much like any modern car these days

And that's probably what he doesn't like ;) ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.